HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Big Brother Canada Discussion (Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday)

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
ryanwb

vCash: 500
After that terrible "Talking with Talla" segment, I seriously hope she leaves this week. I cannot stand that anymore.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:38 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Just saw Thursday's and Sunday's eps, man am I glad Peter is gone. Talk about overrating yourself and your little do-nothing alliance. His speech and his actions before leaving the house were just cringeworthy...get your head out of your ass, dude.

In terms of gameplay, there was a sharp nosedive as soon as Tom and Liza were evicted, I have to say. Ever since then it's felt like no one's really been strategizing. I'm not their biggest fans but Emmett and Jillian clearly deserve to be the last 2, they're the only ones who seem to be putting any kind of thought into what they're doing.

Aside from the fact that it guarantees him one more week in the house, I have no idea why Andrew is clinging so fiercely to this alliance he has/had with Emmett & Jillian. Congratulations, you'll be in third place.

I didn't dislike this season as much as some of you but the quality has been in a pretty steady decline. It feels like we're padding time until an inevitably unexciting finish.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:12 AM
yoko boncho
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
How did Peter have a better social game than Talla? Peter only really had Alec and somewhat Emmett. Talla has been close with a lot more people than Peter. Seriously, his social game and his overall game is so overrated it's ridiculous. Just because he talks in the DR's like he knows what he's talking about, doesn't mean he actually does.
talla doesnt have a game at all. she didnt have an alliance or anything she just sat back floated along and when her only use was a vote and the shield and east coast alliance were fighting for her vote she just picked the obvious side which was the hoh side her social game had nothing to do with that she will continue to float until emmet and jillian dont need her anymore

Old
04-23-2013, 04:15 AM
yoko boncho
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
So you sit back and wait for the twists to remove you ? similar to Liza and AJ being eliminated in 'twists'. You go into the house to play the game, make bold moves, this whole season has had people just sit back and vote with the house. I don't buy the 'twist' has changed everyone's play, I just don't think the players were really that good to begin with.
ya when yourplaying big brother you cant just have one plan u have to have multiple plans so when twists happened ur not screwed

Old
04-23-2013, 04:18 AM
yoko boncho
Rookie User

my prediction is that jillian emmet andrew final 3 jillian will come second and andrew or emmet will win depends who makes final 2

Old
04-23-2013, 08:27 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko boncho View Post
talla doesnt have a game at all. she didnt have an alliance or anything she just sat back floated along and when her only use was a vote and the shield and east coast alliance were fighting for her vote she just picked the obvious side which was the hoh side her social game had nothing to do with that she will continue to float until emmet and jillian dont need her anymore
Talla's terrible, obviously, but how well does it reflect on Peter when the supposed "mastermind" couldn't outlast a floater like her?

Old
04-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Leafsfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Aside from the fact that it guarantees him one more week in the house, I have no idea why Andrew is clinging so fiercely to this alliance he has/had with Emmett & Jillian. Congratulations, you'll be in third place.
I've wondered this too.

Anyone else sick of Jillian and Emmett? I have been for quite a while. I would of much rather had Tom and Liza stick around over them.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:59 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan83 View Post
I've wondered this too.

Anyone else sick of Jillian and Emmett? I have been for quite a while. I would of much rather had Tom and Liza stick around over them.
Liza? The gilr who one week said Tom's the type of guy she would never talk to outside the house, then the following week talked about how great of a guy Tom was?

ya, she seems stable

Old
04-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Leafsfan83

I just think it would of been a bit more entertaining with them in the house

Old
04-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Liza? The gilr who one week said Tom's the type of guy she would never talk to outside the house, then the following week talked about how great of a guy Tom was?

ya, she seems stable
I didn't like Liza at all. She was leading 3 different guys on, and using her average body to try and go further in the game.

Why did so many guys fall under her spell in the house? Was it just because they weren't too many options?

Old
04-23-2013, 12:08 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I didn't like Liza at all. She was leading 3 different guys on, and using her average body to try and go further in the game.

Why did so many guys fall under her spell in the house? Was it just because they weren't too many options?
When half the house was in a showmance (Tom/Liza, Alec/Topaz, Emmett/Jillian), it's not hard to see why someone on the outside would gravitate toward the kind of companionship Liza was offering, even if it was a lie.

To be honest I didn't think her strategy was that bad...I've often wondered why more women in the game don't try to take advantage of the guys in the house that way. She was just too aggressive about it and wound up hitching her wagon to the wrong star (Tom).

Old
04-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
The awfulness continues. I'm convinced that the only one deserving to win at this point is Emmett.

And I like how Dan came into the house and it took him 30 minutes to recognize that the three of Talla, Andrew and Gary should team up and get those other two out.

These people are all idiots.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
The awfulness continues. I'm convinced that the only one deserving to win at this point is Emmett.

And I like how Dan came into the house and it took him 30 minutes to recognize that the three of Talla, Andrew and Gary should team up and get those other two out.

Andrew is the one guy who's game play boggles my mind. You stick with Jill and Emmett and your playing for 3rd place. Especially considering they've used you as a pawn over and over again. Like why the blind loyalty?

I think I'm hoping for a Emmett and Gary final two.

God i miss Dan in the game.

04-25-2013, 04:49 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

I can't stand any of the people left, they all get on my nerves.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Eytinge

Whoa, Talla's sister is definitely the hot twin.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Auguste Escoffier

Spoil:
Andrew evicted 2-0

Hoh winner:

Spoil:
Jillian, again.

Spoil:
Meaing Talla could actually make it to the final three, which would be absolutely pathetic. I can't believe she thinks she has played a good game. ****ing dense.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:45 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
Spoil:
Andrew evicted 2-0

Hoh winner:

Spoil:
Jillian, again.

Spoil:
Meaing Talla could actually make it to the final three, which would be absolutely pathetic. I can't believe she thinks she has played a good game. ****ing dense.
****.this.season.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Leafsfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post

They were all stupid this season to not target Jillian and Emmet from the beginning. I know they won a lot which made it hard at times, but still.

Dan is probably my favourite Big Brother player of all the seasons.

Old
04-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
****.this.season.
Quoted for truth.

Show was good then got increasingly bad.

Imagine if she made it to the final two.

We would have to listen to her explain her game. Constantly being interviewed by the host or the jury. It would be "talking with talla" in overdrive. I doubt she could form a complete sentence or anything coherent enough for me to be able tolerate watching the finale in any way.

It's a shame. This could have been a good show.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Spoil:
I really want Gary to win POV next week if he's put on the block. Take himself watch, and watch Jillian's horror as Emmett is put up, and with the vote with only Gary

Old
04-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Eytinge

Emmett is the only deserving player to win. I'm cheering for him even though I hate his showmance, he really knows how to play the game. Gary isn't a smart player (he wants to take Emmett to the final 2? WTF!), Jillian doesn't think for herself and Talla is self-explanatory.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Andrew got heavy applause. If they do an allstars season, think he'll be returning?

Old
04-27-2013, 03:47 PM
yoko boncho
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Talla's terrible, obviously, but how well does it reflect on Peter when the supposed "mastermind" couldn't outlast a floater like her?
because talla wasnt playing the game and peter was so talla lasted longer cause she isnt playing the game at all and just jumps to who ever wins the hoh

Old
04-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Not related to this season, but I just watched BBUS8.

How did people actually like Evel Dick? He wasn't funny, he was just a little baby. Only time I liked him was when he was putting Jen in her place.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Marf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Not related to this season, but I just watched BBUS8.

How did people actually like Evel Dick? He wasn't funny, he was just a little baby. Only time I liked him was when he was putting Jen in her place.
I never understood why people liked him. Absolute *******. To each their own I guess.

Closed Thread