HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We Play Toronto or Ottawa

View Poll Results: Who would you rather play?
Toronto 67 38.95%
Ottawa 48 27.91%
Doesn't Matter 57 33.14%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2013, 09:27 PM
  #26
BrimStone64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,108
vCash: 500
I want the Leafs

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:29 PM
  #27
LeHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,245
vCash: 500
1st round Sens
2nd round Leafs

everyone happy?

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:30 PM
  #28
red devil
Registered User
 
red devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain View Post
Ottawa's been told by the NHL that they won't play Tuesday. So the series would start on Wednesday.
Is that official as I just haven't seen that said anywhere, also the Bell Centre is already booked Wednesday. Would they wait until Thursday to start the series?

red devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:31 PM
  #29
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,196
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain View Post
Ottawa's been told by the NHL that they won't play Tuesday. So the series would start on Wednesday.
There's no other option. Bell Center is booked with concerts on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They pretty much have to play on Tuesday and Thursday unless they want one ****ed up series schedule wise.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:34 PM
  #30
Seb
Need more Therrien
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: England
Posts: 8,904
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
If we play the Leafs I probably get banned in under 3 days

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:36 PM
  #31
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
There's no other option. Bell Center is booked with concerts on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They pretty much have to play on Tuesday and Thursday unless they want one ****ed up series schedule wise.
That would be a mess. Someone somewhere dropped the ball big time if this happens...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:37 PM
  #32
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,196
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
That would be a mess. Someone somewhere dropped the ball big time if this happens...
You can blame Rihanna and Marie-Mai.

http://www.centrebell.ca/en/page/calendar/2013/05

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:39 PM
  #33
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by red devil View Post
We will play Toronto or Ottawa as the Rangers are guaranteed 6th place. If Ottawa wins tomorrow we will play them, and if Boston wins tomorrow we will play Toronto.
I am just happy we are back in the playoffs with home ice advantage
Ottawa will be less tough, and we have some guys hurt. Also, 2nd means home ice in the first 2 series. That's big.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:41 PM
  #34
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
what if both Ottawa and Boston loses
Then it's twilight zone time.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:41 PM
  #35
TheGoalJudge
Registered User
 
TheGoalJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,114
vCash: 500
I don't know how anyone can want Toronto.

Facing Ottawa means we're 2nd and if we beat them we avoid Pittsburgh.

Also, the games in Ottawa will have tons of Habs fans.

And Ottawa's offence is alot less scary than Toronto's.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:44 PM
  #36
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,915
vCash: 500
You have to want Ottawa because

1) We cut down on travel
2) We have home games even when we are in Ottawa
3) Less physical series
4) Toronto vs Boston would be bad for both teams and good for us
5) We avoid Pittsburgh until we make it to East Final
6) We automatically get home ice in 2nd round if we go 1st
7) No "game breaker" on offense for Ottawa

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:44 PM
  #37
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
If we face OTT, game 1 on Tuesday will be a huge advantage for us. 3rd game in 4 nights for Ottawa.
Good point.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:45 PM
  #38
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
You have to want Ottawa because

1) We cut down on travel
2) We have home games even when we are in Ottawa
3) Less physical series
4) Toronto vs Boston would be bad for both teams and good for us
5) We avoid Pittsburgh until we make it to East Final
6) We automatically get home ice in 2nd round if we go 1st
7) No "game breaker" on offense for Ottawa
Excellent summary. Ottawa is the best choice.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:45 PM
  #39
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
I would rather the Sens just to avoid the meltdown on HFBoards of whatever the outcome of a Habs-Leafs series would be.
That`s a pretty pathetic reason

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:54 PM
  #40
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,290
vCash: 500
Hard choice. I d rather play Ottawa, all things being equal. However, this sentiment rests on Ottawa knowing troubles at the moment.

If we do meet Ottawa, however, it'll be because they will have won against Boston. The sort of victory that could give them momentum.

So.. Going against the recently defeated Leafs or the triumphant Sens?

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:55 PM
  #41
Teamwork
Registered User
 
Teamwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Hard choice. I d rather play Ottawa, all things being equal. However, this sentiment rests on Ottawa knowing troubles at the moment.

If we do meet Ottawa, however, it'll be because they will have won against Boston. The sort of victory that could give them momentum.

So.. Going against the recently defeated Leafs or the triumphant Sens?
Meh, I don't think a single game is going to drastically change the momentum, especially for the playoffs

Teamwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:00 PM
  #42
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
That`s a pretty pathetic reason
I disagree, but then again, you're the master of pathetic threads so you would know it when you see it.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:02 PM
  #43
Hullois
Suck it Trebek
 
Hullois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Québec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
You have to want Ottawa because

1) We cut down on travel
2) We have home games even when we are in Ottawa
3) Less physical series
4) Toronto vs Boston would be bad for both teams and good for us
5) We avoid Pittsburgh until we make it to East Final
6) We automatically get home ice in 2nd round if we go 1st
7) No "game breaker" on offense for Ottawa
Maybe but we struggle so much against ottawa, and now with Karlsson back, your #7 is irrelevant. I'd rather face "le château de carte" laffs than the well seasonned playoff Ottawa team

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:05 PM
  #44
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,764
vCash: 500
Ottawa please!!!! Don't want a very physical series.......

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:09 PM
  #45
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Maybe but we struggle so much against ottawa, and now with Karlsson back, your #7 is irrelevant. I'd rather face "le château de carte" laffs than the well seasonned playoff Ottawa team
My #7 is about Ottawa's attackers, not defenders.

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:10 PM
  #46
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 16,324
vCash: 500
It was about time we face those teams in the playoffs.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:11 PM
  #47
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,581
vCash: 500
LOL @ Therrien in the dressing room in the last game against the Flyers.


FUKKKKKKKKKK!

I love it.


I know, OT.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:12 PM
  #48
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 16,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
You have to want Ottawa because

1) We cut down on travel
2) We have home games even when we are in Ottawa
3) Less physical series
4) Toronto vs Boston would be bad for both teams and good for us
5) We avoid Pittsburgh until we make it to East Final
6) We automatically get home ice in 2nd round if we go 1st
7) No "game breaker" on offense for Ottawa
Ottawa has a big defense and their game breaker is mister Karlsson. He's back.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:15 PM
  #49
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,196
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
You have to want Ottawa because

1) We cut down on travel
1 hour plane ride vs 2 hour bus ride (which can be longer due to traffic around the Sens arena). Not a big difference.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:22 PM
  #50
Hullois
Suck it Trebek
 
Hullois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Québec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
My #7 is about Ottawa's attackers, not defenders.
You don't need a game breaker on offense when you have Karlsson

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.