HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Who should we draft?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2013, 03:47 PM
  #626
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 3,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Relying on MacKinnon, Beck, Forsberg, and Wilson to all contribute reliably in a top 6 role is asking for another lottery pick next season.
were we looking at a lottery pick coming into this season? No.

We will have a healthy team, knock on wood, to start the year next year. Now slot in FF and our pick from this year and we are so damn solid and set for a while. People seem to forget what this team is capable of, pretty quickly.

CantbeatzPekka is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:33 PM
  #627
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,321
vCash: 50
so now we are guaranteed top 5....

PredsV82 is online now  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:57 PM
  #628
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,198
vCash: 500
we will be picking #4... excusing any team below us winning the lottery (25%~) .. hello barkov!

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:04 PM
  #629
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
we will be picking #4... excusing any team below us winning the lottery (25%~) .. hello barkov!
Or for once this franchise could be blessed with good fortune and WIN the lottery.

braindead is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:04 PM
  #630
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Wild win. We've get 4th or 5th pick depending on the lottery. Of course we could win the lottery.

INDhockeyfan is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:06 PM
  #631
Preddownsouth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Or for once this franchise could be blessed with good fortune and WIN the lottery.
Would love the lottery win, but would not mind Barkov in the least at 4.

Preddownsouth is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:07 PM
  #632
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
so now we are guaranteed top 5....
Didn't think we could be losing 9 of the last 10 might end up being worth it.

triggrman is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:08 PM
  #633
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
Would love the lottery win, but would not mind Barkov in the least at 4.
Agree. Losing the lottery to someone below us would be a kick in the teeth though.

braindead is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:09 PM
  #634
Filipthefuture
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Hate to be that guy but with the luck that we have had this season plan on us picking 5th and barkov and lindholm not on the board

Filipthefuture is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:11 PM
  #635
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,321
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
Hate to be that guy but with the luck that we have had this season plan on us picking 5th and barkov and lindholm not on the board
if we pick 5th and they are both gone then MacKinnon or Drouin would still be available... Im down with that.

PredsV82 is online now  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:13 PM
  #636
truefan8993
Registered User
 
truefan8993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Wild win. We've get 4th or 5th pick depending on the lottery. Of course we could win the lottery.
Could we not get the second or third pick in the draft with the lottery?

truefan8993 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:14 PM
  #637
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,037
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
Hate to be that guy but with the luck that we have had this season plan on us picking 5th and barkov and lindholm not on the board
If we picked 5th and Barkov and Lindholm are gone that means something great just happened.

Soundgarden is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:15 PM
  #638
Preddownsouth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Agree. Losing the lottery to someone below us would be a kick in the teeth though.
Ugh I know. Monday night looms large.

Preddownsouth is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:15 PM
  #639
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,037
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by truefan8993 View Post
Could we not get the second or third pick in the draft with the lottery?
We either move up to 1st or slip to 5th barring a trade.

Soundgarden is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:16 PM
  #640
Filipthefuture
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
if we pick 5th and they are both gone then MacKinnon or Drouin would still be available... Im down with that.
Yeah I known were still going to get a good prospect but I am just being a debby downer havent felt this bad about ending a season since Dunham was in net. I know we are going to much better than everyone expects us to be next season but I guess like everyone else I had high expectations this season

Filipthefuture is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:16 PM
  #641
Preddownsouth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truefan8993 View Post
Could we not get the second or third pick in the draft with the lottery?
Nope either win 1 in the lottery draw or move down one spot if a team below us wins it.

Preddownsouth is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:22 PM
  #642
Preddownsouth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
Yeah I known were still going to get a good prospect but I am just being a debby downer havent felt this bad about ending a season since Dunham was in net. I know we are going to much better than everyone expects us to be next season but I guess like everyone else I had high expectations this season
I have no good feelings right now about hockey. It started with Suter and has ended with this. I am ready to wash this bad taste out of my mouth - tired of being in such a negative mood towards hockey.

I look forward to a good draft and am hopeful Poile has a good offseason.

Preddownsouth is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:26 PM
  #643
Filipthefuture
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
I have no good feelings right now about hockey. It started with Suter and has ended with this. I am ready to wash this bad taste out of my mouth - tired of being in such a negative mood towards hockey.

I look forward to a good draft and am hopeful Poile has a good offseason.
I ve got that same bad taste but I know we are going to make some big roster changes this off season I can just feel it and that will hopefully remove some of it.

Filipthefuture is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:30 PM
  #644
Infinite Jest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 170
vCash: 50
Chances a team ahead of the Preds wins lottery = 58%
Chances Preds win the lottery = 10.7%
Chances a team below the Preds wins lottery = 31.3%

Infinite Jest is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:37 PM
  #645
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Thoughts?

8th + 17th for 4th + 64th

or

Thomas Vanek + 17th for 4th

1972 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:41 PM
  #646
Filipthefuture
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Thoughts?

8th + 17th for 4th + 64th

or

Thomas Vanek + 17th for 4th
As much as I want a game change like the Vanek trade Poile is going with a younger team which means no giving up first rounders. As for the first one there is a possibility

Filipthefuture is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 10:23 PM
  #647
Stranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,431
vCash: 500
And of course we miss out on Drouin or Mac.. ugh.

Stranger is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 10:25 PM
  #648
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Thoughts?

8th + 17th for 4th + 64th

or

Thomas Vanek + 17th for 4th
Too big a risk with only 1 year left on his contract and no guarantee he stays here after.

Iron Duke is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 10:26 PM
  #649
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
And of course we miss out on Drouin or Mac.. ugh.
I'm bummed about that, but I think Alexsander Barkov has the potential to be the best player in this draft. Huge center that just had a historic rookie year in Finland, has drawn comparisons to Joe Thornton and Peter Forsberg.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
  #650
Stranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I'm bummed about that, but I think Alexsander Barkov has the potential to be the best player in this draft. Huge center that just had a historic rookie year in Finland, has drawn comparisons to Joe Thornton and Peter Forsberg.
Hopefully. Watch Edmonton or Calgary win the lottery...

Stranger is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.