HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs embarrass the Leafs: Burn the boats!

Old
04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
black charger

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=JohnnyB11;64806283]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post

/QUOTE]

Hey Tinordi, be careful - that's the Leafs 5.5 million-dollar man. Highest paid Leafs forward, yes even more than Kessel.

The Habs aren't the only ones to have grossly overpaid players.!
Next time make sure you take him out for the season.He's been playing crap all year.

black charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by black charger View Post
First period even,second period you guys killed us,third pretty even again.
Game could've easily been 8-1.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Pax Macioretty

Why oh why can't White play like tonight every game? He was AMAZING tonight, played his role to perfetion. And man is Tinordi impressive, he makes the team that much tougher to play against on his own. What's even more impressive is how fast he made the transition on the right side.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Guilliam

I'm really torn apart. On the on had I'd much rather face the Leafs than the Sens, on the other finishing 2nd guarantees that we're not facing the Pens before the ECF...

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:22 PM
black charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
What's the address?
Entrance is off Parliment street.Look up Toronto's secret tunnels on google.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:24 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Tinordi has changed this defence.

Markov looks a lot better with Subban on his pair.

Diaz rounding into form.

I'm feeling a lot better about our chances to win a series. Our defence went from a disaster to more stable in about 4 days.
Next year: Emelin AND Tiny.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:25 PM
black charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Yeah, it was 3 wins and 3 losses apiece, but in this NHL, all losses are not created equal. We took more points from them last season than they took from us. That's the important part that people seem to overlook: points in the standings.

Also, I found this picture of the ACC after we left the arena tonight:

Good,we can play at Maple Leaf Gardens again.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:25 PM
DJ Breadman

The Laughs suck they are really bad I actually want to play them round 1

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:27 PM
digmor crusher

Great game.

Tinordi was really good.

Gallagher better win rookie of year.

Would hate to have a coach like Carlyle, seems like he is going to blow an artery in his skull anytime.

Desharnis -2, Galchenyuk +14. Why do we need DD again, was invisible tonight.

Everyone should so what I do, email CBC every few months and tell them to get rid of PJ Stock whose only purpose it seems is to bash the Habs.

That is all.

digmor crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:28 PM
black charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
It wasn't a compliment, and you're not here to make friends...so...
I know you're not quoting me,but a bit of joking around is fun.Let's wait until the war starts on Tuesday to become enemies.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Reiher

Cbc

I think there is going to be a huge meltdown at CBC this year.

Scenario 1. We play against Ottawa which doesn't mean much to CBC as far as the Habs are concerned, BUT that would mean that the leafs are going to play the bruins. That has got to be so tearing for the entire leafs/bruins homer crew.

Scenario 2. We play against Toronto, which will just have the polarized ridiculousness that is CBC.

Either way I predict Don Cherry having a heart attack.

Reiher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiher View Post
I think there is going to be a huge meltdown at CBC this year.

Scenario 1. We play against Ottawa which doesn't mean much to CBC as far as the Habs are concerned, BUT that would mean that the leafs are going to play the bruins. That has got to be so tearing for the entire leafs/bruins homer crew.

Scenario 2. We play against Toronto, which will just have the polarized ridiculousness that is CBC.

Either way I predict Don Cherry having a heart attack.
Well, if the Leafs beat out the Habs, someone will have to keep crazy old Don from making out with Kadri.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
I know you're not quoting me,but a bit of joking around is fun.Let's wait until the war starts on Tuesday to become enemies.
You like the Leafs....too late.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:31 PM
poetryinmotion

Dunno if been posted but credits do not go to me I am paying tribute to the poster who made this happen:

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:32 PM
black charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You seem to think we care. We don't.

Dude, for there to be a rivalry between us you have to actually win something. You've never won anything. For Pete's sake dude, you got killed tonight and yet you feel compelled to show up and tell us that you outscored us in the season series? Why?

If we play you, so be it. If we don't that's fine too. I don't give a hill of beans because the Leafs haven't been our rivals for decades now. If Toronto plays us and wins a playoff series maybe it changes but you guys haven't even been to the playoffs in a decade. Yet you seem to think it matters to us that you're finally in the postseason?

It doesn't.
I think some of you guys take this thing a bit too seriously.After all,it's only hockey

Old
04-27-2013, 10:34 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Why oh why can't White play like tonight every game? He was AMAZING tonight, played his role to perfetion. And man is Tinordi impressive, he makes the team that much tougher to play against on his own. What's even more impressive is how fast he made the transition on the right side.
Totally. White was awesome tonight. I'm guessing we have to put Halpern back in so what do we do? I thought Moen played a much better game and made some subtle touches on the puck to prevent a leaf's attack. The whole team played amazingly because we stifled their attack completely. Got in front of their shots, got sticks on them before they could shoot. Got on all the loose pucks. Amazing. I'm terrified because I feel like that was a mirage after the past 2 weeks. Even the PP moved the puck well. Toronto has a great PK and we still managed to cycle it and get chances. Could be better finish, but it was decent to watch.

Everyone played physically tonight and if there was a team that was on the wrong end of it, it was not us. Markov was the only one to retaliate stupidly, otherwise a very disciplined game with the right amount of toughness that everyone clamours we don't have. If we can get Ryder going, oh man, dangerous team (what everyone was saying about us before the slump).

I wanna see the Price from the WPG game.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Montreal4Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
You can call the Maple Leafs losers but keep in mind that Toronto won a major sporting event after Montreal did, i.e the World Series in '93. It is also hard for Montreal to call Toronto a loser on the sporting scene since Montreal does not even have a team in what is considered the top three sporting venues in North America. Montreal falls behind Toronto in that it does not have a professional baseball team, nor a professional basketball team, nor even a part time NFL team like Toronto does. The only thing Montreal has beaten Toronto in is hockey, Toronto wins in every other field.

Note: As mentioned previously, I also pull for the Blue Jays and the Raptors since they are the only Canadian teams available, and I hate to see idiots from Montreal bashing Toronto when there is no basis for it. I see it as just petty jealousy from "wannabes" who can't handle the truth.
How have they all done in the playoffs since 1993???????

Sorry, I should edit this..... how many times HAVE they made the playoffs and created any national pride? Sorry, just asking.....

Montreal4Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If this is how Toronto is going to play I hope we play them.

Either they've lost focus, or they were playing above their level. If that's the team that show up, then that's not even a ****ing playoff team.

If the leafs from 2-3ish weeks show up then it will be a tight, tight, tight series and a great one at that.

If Montreal reverts back to last week then we're ****ed.
You got it backwards.

The team that beat us 2-3 weeks ago is the same team we beat tonight. Only difference is we didn't fall into a hole 3-0 on first 4-5 shots. The score dictates the pace of the game a lot of the time.

Everyone got so worried about the leafs. They're bad. They're a bad team. But.. I don't want to face them because they're also extremely physical and I'm worried about being banged up for round 2.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:37 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
I also thought that Ryan White played his best game of the season. Winning line up. Should MT take White out?
We need Crazy Whitey for the crazy season.

Bench Ryder.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Bourque
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Halpern-Whitey

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Teufelsdreck

Tonight the ACC housed the world's largest compost pile of dead blue maple leaves. I'm glad so many were on hand to witness the mulching. For a change les feuilles mortes had to use both goaltenders. Fancy that!

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Teamwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
You can call the Maple Leafs losers but keep in mind that Toronto won a major sporting event after Montreal did, i.e the World Series in '93. It is also hard for Montreal to call Toronto a loser on the sporting scene since Montreal does not even have a team in what is considered the top three sporting venues in North America. Montreal falls behind Toronto in that it does not have a professional baseball team, nor a professional basketball team, nor even a part time NFL team like Toronto does. The only thing Montreal has beaten Toronto in is hockey, Toronto wins in every other field.

Note: As mentioned previously, I also pull for the Blue Jays and the Raptors since they are the only Canadian teams available, and I hate to see idiots from Montreal bashing Toronto when there is no basis for it. I see it as just petty jealousy from "wannabes" who can't handle the truth.
Hahaha who really cares about the other sports? This is a hockey message board. Habs fans just don't need another team to cheer for in the off season or when things get rough, especially a "part time NFL team"

Toronto doesn't beat Montreal in anything hockey related period.

Teamwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I care about hockey and hockey alone.

What was I telling everyone about the Leaf fans earlier? When they lose, out come the blue jays and raptors, blah blah blah.

I could give two ***** about the blue jays, pfffft.

Habs are all that matter to me. I assure you it's not jealousy (otherwise we'd HAVE those teams, just not enough interest to fund them), you've got it backward and now it's really starting to show. BTW, Impact is doing pretty well

In the avian world blue jays are bullies who pick on robins and sparrows. By the way, the Blue Jays also lost.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

They asked Lars Eller about the Lupul comments after the game. He said:"the game is not decided on a niece paper or on a weight scale, it's not decided in the lockerroom or war of words in the media, it's decided on the ice. The rest doesn't matter". Written like this it looks like Eller is rejecting going after Lupul in a war of words but when Eller said this on tv it really felt like a strike back at Lupul and it was beautifully badass. Clint Eastwood stuff.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:44 PM
haburger*

gally had agreat game!!!!

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I think some of you guys take this thing a bit too seriously.After all,it's only hockey
Did you read what I wrote?

Seriously, I know it's a big deal to you but it's not nearly as huge to us because... you've never won anything. You haven't been in the playoffs in forever. If we play you that's fine. If not... don't care. The rivalry died a long time ago when you guys stopped winning cups. The Nordiques - our biggest rivals - have come and gone since you've won anything. We've faced the Bruins a billion times since seeing you in the playoffs. We've won something like a dozen cups since you were there. You haven't even been in the postseason for a decade... and you want us to be pumped up because you've finally made it?

You guys are the ones with something to prove. The fact that you're here posting on our boards reinforces my point. Why does it matter to you what we think? I couldn't care less about facing Toronto at all. I want to win the Division. TO is irrelevant.

Also, I really don't understand why you are on these boards telling us not to take things too seriously. Nobody takes you seriously here.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote