HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs embarrass the Leafs: Burn the boats!

Old
04-27-2013, 10:47 PM
haburger

vCash: 500
the leafs have been outshot like 20 of the past 22 games.it was only a matter of time.good luck in the playoffs toronto!!!!

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

They talked the talk, Habs walked the walk.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
You can call the Maple Leafs losers but keep in mind that Toronto won a major sporting event after Montreal did, i.e the World Series in '93. It is also hard for Montreal to call Toronto a loser on the sporting scene since Montreal does not even have a team in what is considered the top three sporting venues in North America. Montreal falls behind Toronto in that it does not have a professional baseball team, nor a professional basketball team, nor even a part time NFL team like Toronto does. The only thing Montreal has beaten Toronto in is hockey, Toronto wins in every other field. .
Dude, this is ****ing HFBoards and you're talking about baseball and basketball because you don't have any argument about the Leafs being losers since 67. You are pathetic. I don't give a **** tbh if you have a freaking basket and baseball team, cool for you. Doesn't change the fact that your team isn't as good as ours.

And btw, what truth uh? Tell me about how the Raptors have been so good the last few years. Oh, and what about the Jays too?

I'm sure people in Toronto don't give importance at baseball/basketball as much as hockey. You were talking about jealousy? It looks like you're the one who's jealous because we just beat your ****** team 4-1. Everything that matters between your city and our city is hockey. Don't bring other sports in the conversation.

Good night ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 04-28-2013 at 06:02 AM.
Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
The concept is that an army who arrives by boat and burns them is committed to one of two things, winning or getting slaughtered. Its been adopted to mean that a team is committed to something ( retreat is no longer possible) irrespective of the consequences or outcome.
Silly Leafs fans, players use buses and planes nowadays.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:50 PM
bsl

You know what no one talks about? Markov played all 48 games this year. Fantastic. Masterton for sure.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Dekar

My hatred for Toronto stretches to all sports teams, and beyond to the city itself. I ****ing hate the Leafs, the Marlies, the Blue Jays, the Argos, the Raptors, the Rock (lacrosse), and even the word Toronto. I'm completely psycho about it. Wagging their other teams' accomplishments in my face is no way to reason with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Silly Leafs fans, players use buses and planes nowadays.
It's not their fault. Planes haven't been around too much longer than their last Stanley Cup win.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Game could've easily been 8-1.
Would have been 17-0 Leafs if they didn't want to rest their every shot = goal sticks and Reimer's horse shoe for the playoffs.

Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
My girlfriend is ugly but at least I have one. Am I doing this right?
HAHAHAHAHA

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sammy d

Quote:
You can call the Maple Leafs losers but keep in mind that Toronto won a major sporting event after Montreal did, i.e the World Series in '93. It is also hard for Montreal to call Toronto a loser on the sporting scene since Montreal does not even have a team in what is considered the top three sporting venues in North America. Montreal falls behind Toronto in that it does not have a professional baseball team, nor a professional basketball team, nor even a part time NFL team like Toronto does. The only thing Montreal has beaten Toronto in is hockey, Toronto wins in every other field.

Note: As mentioned previously, I also pull for the Blue Jays and the Raptors since they are the only Canadian teams available, and I hate to see idiots from Montreal bashing Toronto when there is no basis for it. I see it as just petty jealousy from "wannabes" who can't handle the truth.
Every team in Toronto are losers, the old saying " Losers loose".

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
You can call the Maple Leafs losers but keep in mind that Toronto won a major sporting event after Montreal did, i.e the World Series in '93. It is also hard for Montreal to call Toronto a loser on the sporting scene since Montreal does not even have a team in what is considered the top three sporting venues in North America. Montreal falls behind Toronto in that it does not have a professional baseball team, nor a professional basketball team, nor even a part time NFL team like Toronto does. The only thing Montreal has beaten Toronto in is hockey, Toronto wins in every other field.

Note: As mentioned previously, I also pull for the Blue Jays and the Raptors since they are the only Canadian teams available, and I hate to see idiots from Montreal bashing Toronto when there is no basis for it. I see it as just petty jealousy from "wannabes" who can't handle the truth.
The Blue Jays?

Sorry but this post is just so unintentionally hilarious I actually started laughing out loud.

Anyways nice win for us tonight, here's hoping we can win the Division.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:52 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Leafs fans just keep getting more and more pathetic... "But but... We have a baseball and basketball team!"

What the ****

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:52 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Dude, this is ****ing HFBoard and you're talking about baseball and basketball because you don't have any argument about the Leafs being losers since 67. You are pathetic. I don't give a **** tbh if you have a freaking basket and baseball team, cool for you. Doesn't change the fact that your team isn't as good as ours.

And btw, what truth uh? Tell me about how the Raptors have been so good the last few years. Oh, and what about the Jays too?

I'm sure people in Toronto don't give importance at baseball/basketball as much as hockey. You were talking about jealousy? It looks like you're the one who's jealous because we just beat your ****** team 4-1. Everything that matters between your city and our city is hockey. Don't bring other sports in the conversation.

Good night ladies and gentlemen.
and where is that Knight costume kid front thurst gtfo.gif

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:53 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
You know what no one talks about? Markov played all 48 games this year. Fantastic. Masterton for sure.
And six players with pro rated 20 goals. Could have been 7 If Subby had started the season game 1. That is very impressive.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
This game brings up an awkward decision about goaltending. Yes, I know... Price is the man. But Budaj is making this question into a legitimate argument.

Anyone converting to Budajism?
Price will be the man in the playoffs. It's his time to shine. But it's nice to have an option in case something bad happens.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Don't think we can repeat as a team and I think Crosby deserves it.

Still, internally we know how awesome that is....I hope. (There are some who still don't fully appreciate him.)

Old
04-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
In the avian world blue jays are bullies who pick on robins and sparrows. By the way, the Blue Jays also lost.
as did TFC...tough day...

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

GSP >>>>>> Blue Jays+Raptors. The end.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:00 PM
habtastic

From the First GDT:

"
Originally Posted by black charger
You seem to be taking a hockey game pretty seriously.Here in TO we joke about the Leafs/Habs rivalry and don't really care if someone is a Habs fan or not.They can still be your buddy."

This after I highlighted how leafs fans react when things go badly, given I have to live amongst them. SAAAAAAME ****. 5 game losing streak, "Can't wait for opening day! Jays are the best!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
GSP >>>>>> Blue Jays+Raptors. The end.
By unanimous decision...WIN.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Habitant by heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
as did TFC...tough day...
And the Montreal Impact won.
Is this a good day or what?!

Except I have to study for this exam (Biomechanics of human tissue)...
OT, but with this studying, the Karlsson recovery still doesn't make sense theoretically.

Habitant by heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Hope the Bruins lose tomorrow...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
That 2nd game we got completely smoked...
Yea 2nd game was a joke. Outplayed in every way. The 5-1 game though was a goaltending joke (4g on 5 shots). That 1st period score wasn't close reflecting play.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Nah, bring on the Leafs....their tears are almost as delicious as the Bruins

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Habitant by heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
No, I want the Bruins to win so we play the Leafs, even though the division would be nice.

Habitant by heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:08 PM
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Leafs fans just keep getting more and more pathetic... "But but... We have a baseball and basketball team!"

What the ****
You know it's bad when you gotta start talking about urelated topics in your arguments

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:09 PM
habtastic

The hilarious thing is that I will not lord this win over the Leafs. We won. It was one, very good game by us.

No winner of game banner for us. I just want to move on. I don't all of a sudden think Toronto is a garbage team. They had a great season, have a solid team and would be a tough team in the playoffs. Instead of all this "We want them" idiocy that Toronto hypes up, I realize (maybe cuz I'm used to the playoffs) that you should be very careful for what you wish for. Reg. season means nothing. Ask the bruins, on both sides of that equation.

Just like they forgot the 5-2 Habs win, they'll somehow forget this win. It won't count. We're soft. Price is a sieve. Leafs are gods.

Did you guys see that moment when McDonald and Sittler were actually the guys behind those masks!? That was pretty funny (honestly). Cool to have two guys who represent the Leafs kind of being good in the past. Yet they tell us 93 was a long time ago.