HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Part 3 (Flyers own the 11th overall pick)

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 09:15 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
If we finish 11th, we can either pick 1st, 11th, or 12th

If we finish 12th, we can pick either 1st, 12th, or 13th
Ok so it's 1st or bust. I wasn't exactly sure how they worked this thing.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Ok so it's 1st or bust. I wasn't exactly sure how they worked this thing.
It was a quick fix to try and prevent a EDM situation again

Old
04-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Tripod

anyone know any Jedi's out there that could help win us the lottery? Or hell, tell all the GM's, "this isn't the Jones you are looking for" and have him fall to us!

Old
04-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
At this point, I see Pulock and Ristolainen being 15-20 ish. Ristolainen hasn't exactly been great in the SM Liiga and Pulock has been dropping according to all the scouts

Zadorov at 11 or 12 would be great
I think that's probably right for Pulock, but I doubt Ristolainen drops that far--and if he does, I'd assume Zadorov would be on the board as well.

If both are there, I hope we pick Ristolainen--which probably means we'll pick Zadorov.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I think that's probably right for Pulock, but I doubt Ristolainen drops that far--and if he does, I'd assume Zadorov would be on the board as well.

If both are there, I hope we pick Ristolainen--which probably means we'll pick Zadorov.
I'm okay with Zadorov

Old
04-27-2013, 09:19 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
I say we shoot for 1st overall guiz, WHO'S WITH ME!?

Old
04-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
But the Avs did have the #6 overall in Forsberg, #8 overall in Ray Bourque, and the #12 overall in Tanguay, so they still benefited from high picks, and many of the players were gotten indirectly through the trading of their number one pick Lindros (who basically fetched them Roy and others who were traded for players).

I'm just annoyed that the Flyers start to play well once the games didn't matter. Great. Moves us from the #8 pick to the #12. That's a huge difference. I shouldn't complain. If we had the #1 pick in this draft, the player would either get hurt or just be a flop. We should trade the #12 for a pick in the 20s which is where we prosper.

Looking back through history though, it doesn't seem to make much difference in quality between guys going between 8th and 12th.
I'm with you, I'm just extremely annoyed at these meaningless wins.

I guess only time will tell whether which players end up being better through 8-12. There would be a better chance to strike gold at 8 than 12.

I really wanted the Flyers to draft a d-man, but I don't know if they will take one at 12 now... We need some young high potential defensemen in our system.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Clown Baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
Pitkanen was drafted as an offensive type defensemen. Coburn was drafted as a defensive defenseman. He has never, ever, shown real any offensive skill. Pitkanen always had those skills. In general, people who are disappointed with Coburn are people who expected him to be something he was never projected to be.
That is absolute ********.

He's 6'5" tall, an incredible skater with one of the best first passes on the team, and his shot is well above average (that one-timer moves). He was a first team all-star twice when he played for the Winterhawks when he averaged a point every other game. It's because of all that Coburn was drafted ahead of guys like Seabrook, Phaneuf, and Weber. So, for you to say that Coburn was never capable of being the projected 30 pt. two-way defender, that's a blatant lie. Hell, he proved he could be that player less than five years ago when he did just that.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:36 PM
domestique

Still a 1.1% chance of drafting Jones!

As long as Homer doesn't do something stupid and trade Couturier for the 5-8th pick I will be happy. Prospects are just that.... prospects... G was drafted 22nd. Shea Weber was drafted 49th etc. etc.

What worries me more is that the Flyers org. hasn't proved that they can groom good D men. Hopefully with Pronger on LTIR and Timmo soon to retire they can be mentors to any drafted prospects.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Krishna

Threw this together real fast just now

I'd like the lottery to be something like this with the largest number of spots to drop being somewhere between 2-4. The odds were just quickly thrown together and would probably be higher for the higher spots and lower for the bottom ones.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:44 PM
daynus

just sitting here watchin the phoenix-ducks game

gonna be 11 or 12. will see whom is around for dmen, but the forward i would love at 12 is mantha. that is one big boy, and he can put the biscuit in the basket. hey look on the bright side, we are heading into next season with mason as our goalie. i remember watching him lots in 09, their was not much else to columbus to really watch. and he is so darn big, well positioned, coughs up a few rebounds, great puck handler. he doesnt care how many shots on net he gets. he seems to love getting tons of shots. and he is getting that with this patchwork d. and he doesnt seem to mind. very high save %. and with a real d, he is one guy, i would want as my goalie in the playoffs. he can steal games when the rest of the team is off, and when the team is on, this guy could send this team very very far, in the playoffs. as excited as i am for the draft, i am a 1000 times more excited to have steve mason as our goalie. these drafts burn a person out, i am just exhausted after watching almost every pick in the nfl draft. that was a long, tough grind.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:48 PM
domestique

One plus...... Danny B didn't get injured these last couple games and will most likely be seeing his cap hit go bye bye this summer!

Old
04-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Clown Baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus View Post
gonna be 11 or 12. will see whom is around for dmen, but the forward i would love at 12 is mantha. that is one big boy, and he can put the biscuit in the basket. hey look on the bright side, we are heading into next season with mason as our goalie. i remember watching him lots in 09, their was not much else to columbus to really watch. and he is so darn big, well positioned, coughs up a few rebounds, great puck handler. he doesnt care how many shots on net he gets. he seems to love getting tons of shots. and he is getting that with this patchwork d. and he doesnt seem to mind. very high save %. and with a real d, he is one guy, i would want as my goalie in the playoffs. he can steal games when the rest of the team is off, and when the team is on, this guy could send this team very very far, in the playoffs. as excited as i am for the draft, i am a 1000 times more excited to have steve mason as our goalie. these drafts burn a person out, i am just exhausted after watching almost every pick in the nfl draft. that was a long, tough grind.
Mantha's not going to be able to score if that patchwork D doesn't get him the puck.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Krishna

I see two things possibly happening this year

Couturier being traded for another 1st +

or

Couturier + 1st being traded for Yandle

I'd like to see the Flyers try to trade up into the 1st with one of the picks CBJ has. I don't think it would take a huge amount to go from like 41st or so to the highest CBJ pick, which is probably going to be 24-30th

Or CBJ trading 2 firsts to move up

Old
04-27-2013, 10:30 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
At this point, I see Pulock and Ristolainen being 15-20 ish. Ristolainen hasn't exactly been great in the SM Liiga and Pulock has been dropping according to all the scouts

Zadorov at 11 or 12 would be great
Risto is around 10 every list. Dont know why he would drop from 15-20. I wouldnt be surprised if Zadorov is around 15-20 though. He seems to have fell on recent rankings.

All i know is krishna im going have to prepare for a few Risto vs. Zadarov debates haha.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:32 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

With an 11th or 12th overall pick I would want Shinkaruk.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Larry44

Quote:
I see two things possibly happening this year

Couturier being traded for another 1st +

or

Couturier + 1st being traded for Yandle

I'd like to see the Flyers try to trade up into the 1st with one of the picks CBJ has. I don't think it would take a huge amount to go from like 41st or so to the highest CBJ pick, which is probably going to be 24-30th

Or CBJ trading 2 firsts to move up
I could see us trading down now, for a couple of Columbus' late picks as a more likely option.

Couts + 1st for Yandle would be a catastrophe. He's a good player, but not THAT good.

I just wouldn't trade Couts for anything, he's going to be a great player.

I'm not worried about getting a 1D anymore. Just throw out Lilja, Manning, Lauridsen, Gustafsson and Konan and we can't lose - even to playoff-bound teams.

Mason was great when we needed him to sieve. I don't see the point of keeping Bryz now. It'll just be a circus. Go with Mason. Buy out Briere and Bryz. Sign a vet to support Mason.

We had a chance to pick up a great Dman. Stupid win tonight cost them 5 draft places. Worst two points in franchise history. Win when it means worse than nothing. Choke when it matters. Well done. What a disaster.

Now we'll get a longer term prospect instead of Nurse, Zadorov or Ristoflex (hey, everyone else on here who hasn't seen him play for 5 minutes has a nickname for him, why can't I?). New Jersey will take Zadorov for sure, so there's not a chance we'll get him.

We'll end up taking a smurf forward instead of the huge, talented Dman we needed desperately.

Great way to end the season.

On the bright side, Akeson, "Giroux's buddy" looks like a sure-fire 82 goal man!

Last edited by Larry44: 04-27-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old
04-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Well Larry, we often disagree. Not on that post, I agree with you completely. Even down to the guaranteed 82 goals from Akeson next year

04-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post

I'm not worried about getting a 1D anymore. Just throw out Lilja, Manning, Lauridsen, Gustafsson and Konan and we can't lose - even to playoff-bound teams.

Mason was great when we needed him to sieve. I don't see the point of keeping Bryz now. It'll just be a circus. Go with Mason. Buy out Briere and Bryz. Sign a vet to support Mason.

We had a chance to pick up a great Dman. Stupid win tonight cost them 5 draft places. Worst two points in franchise history. Win when it means worse than nothing. Choke when it matters. Well done. What a disaster.
I agree, I just didn't want to come out that negative - I am always negative, so I thought I'd try to lighten up by suggesting that historically the 8th - 12th picks don't really seem to be much different.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:29 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I could see us trading down now, for a couple of Columbus' late picks as a more likely option.

Couts + 1st for Yandle would be a catastrophe. He's a good player, but not THAT good.

I just wouldn't trade Couts for anything, he's going to be a great player.

Now we'll get a longer term prospect instead of Nurse, Zadorov or Ristoflex (hey, everyone else on here who hasn't seen him play for 5 minutes has a nickname for him, why can't I?). New Jersey will take Zadorov for sure, so there's not a chance we'll get him.

We'll end up taking a smurf forward instead of the huge, talented Dman we needed desperately.

Great way to end the season.

On the bright side, Akeson, "Giroux's buddy" looks like a sure-fire 82 goal man!

10-5 in their last 15 games when the season was lost, and the majority of that in the ridiculous injury parade. I thought I was being pessimistic when I posted more than a month ago that they would go on a win streak to get them up to 7th overall pick ... boy did I undershoot that runway! Maybe if they had run out a couple of ECHL guys, it would have been 5-1 tonight.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:36 PM
SolidSnakeUS

We now have 11th overall. Phoenix won 5-3.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:37 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

11th pick still isn't bad on the basis that we finished the season strong. If we can get a guy like ristolainen with that pick I'll be happy.

Lets hope for a nod of luck from the hockey gods that we win the lottery with that 2.1% chance, though.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading up to get Nurse though, depending on the price.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:40 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

What a disastrous win ....cant wait to see how the players drafted before the Flyers pick make out...Seriously the Flyers are their own worst enemy..

Old
04-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well Larry, we often disagree. Not on that post, I agree with you completely. Even down to the guaranteed 82 goals from Akeson next year
Oh great. If things weren't bad enough, now Beef is agreeing with me.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:01 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Remember, there is a chance!

Closed Thread