HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryder or Ribeiro

Old
09-13-2006, 02:31 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
I think it'll be Ribiero.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't it be Ribs who'd play with Samsonov and Kovalev?

Or is that Ryder?

Either way, I'll take Ribiero

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 03:04 AM
BigTimer*

Ribeiro because he's going to get his pity points off two players he shouldn't even be playing with.

Ryder can actually score though so when it comes down to it I'll just give Ryder the edge because 35 goals beats shooting the puck into the stands during the playoffs.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 03:45 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Both will be regular healthy scratchs at some point in the season so dont bet on any of them to get alot of pts this year.. Maybe next year with another team.
is a high potential 9 year old gonna take there place?

btw easily RYDER ribs sux

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 08:34 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers View Post
is a high potential 9 year old gonna take there place?

btw easily RYDER ribs sux
I dont know if you find yourself comic but you all know who are the kids that will give Ribs and Ryder a hard time... 3 names... Kostitsyn Grabovski and Latendresse.

You can replace Ribs on the second line with Plekanec or Jonhson as well..

Ryder isnt hopeless, Ribs unfortunately is. You just cant play in the NHL being that weak and that slow... And you can hardly improve those weakness being 26 years old, especially considering Ribs has a hopeless skinny frame... The guy took 4 power skating lessons and you guys seriously think we will have a new Ribeiro this fall??

The guy has great hands and great vision, thats all... He has a pee-wee shot, cant skate in this league, is easily outmatched physically and does everything in slow motion... Grabovski is already a better option but knowing Gainey's classy attitude, Grabovski wont replace him straight from the training camp, Gainey will rather let Ribs makes him out of the line-up by his own.. When everyone will realize Ribs cant survive as a Habs (cause we just have better options), then Gainey will do the obvious upcoming move..

About Ryder... The 14th foward (highly probably Kostitsyn or Lats) will give him a hard time be sure.

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-13-2006 at 08:48 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:01 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
I dont know if you find yourself comic but you all know who are the kids that will give Ribs and Ryder a hard time... 3 names... Kostitsyn Grabovski and Latendresse.

You can replace Ribs on the second line with Plekanec or Jonhson as well..

Ryder isnt hopeless, Ribs unfortunately is. You just cant play in the NHL being that weak and that slow... And you can hardly improve those weakness being 26 years old, especially considering Ribs has a hopeless skinny frame... The guy took 4 power skating lessons and you guys seriously think we will have a new Ribeiro this fall??

The guy has great hands and great vision, thats all... He has a pee-wee shot, cant skate in this league, is easily outmatched physically and does everything in slow motion... Grabovski is already a better option but knowing Gainey's classy attitude, Grabovski wont replace him straight from the training camp, Gainey will rather let Ribs makes him out of the line-up by his own.. When everyone will realize Ribs cant survive as a Habs (cause we just have better options), then Gainey will do the obvious upcoming move..

About Ryder... The 14th foward (highly probably Kostitsyn or Lats) will give him a hard time be sure.
didn't you bid your right ball last season , that Plekanec was to takes his place ? or was it that no team was to signed Perreault last year ?

Still waiting a video ; you doing ARA KIRI to your little familly heritage !

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
I like Plekanec, Grabovsky, Kostitsyn, Latendresse et al. just as much as you do, but I think you're being unreasonible nonetheless.

We all know Ribeiro's weaknesses, but you're blatantly ignoring his positives. Like it or not, Ribs has near elite vision and playmaking ability. Maybe I'm being naive yet again, but I'm hoping he's entering the coming season with a new attitude, and willingness to give a consistent honest effort every night. If he does that, producing at the very minimum 65 points should be a piece of cake playing with guys like Kovy and Sammy.

I'm not saying Plekanec couldn't conceivably produce at the same rate playing between those two, but he hasn't done it at the NHL level yet, so as much as I like his game, to me, he still hasn't proven that he could produce a 70 point season. His game is definitely better rounded than Ribeiro's, but I'd say Pleks's vision and playmaking abilities are a notch below Ribs's. Pleks's time will come, but for now, this is Ribeiro's last chance to prove his worth, and I expect him to do so.

Last edited by Darz: 09-13-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 10:46 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Ryder

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 11:08 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
it's not that i disagree with you NHA , but that i want to see your right bullet rolls on the top of a table . A promess is a promess .

show us the color of your ball ...

Last edited by Darz: 09-13-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old
09-13-2006, 11:09 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
I like Plekanec, Grabovsky, Kostitsyn, Latendresse et al. just as much as you do, but I think you're being unreasonible nonetheless.

We all know Ribeiro's weaknesses, but you're blatantly ignoring his positives. Like it or not, Ribs has near elite vision and playmaking ability. Maybe I'm being naive yet again, but I'm hoping he's entering the coming season with a new attitude, and willingness to give a consistent honest effort every night. If he does that, producing at the very minimum 65 points should be a piece of cake playing with guys like Kovy and Sammy.

I'm not saying Plekanec couldn't conceivably produce at the same rate playing between those two, but he hasn't done it at the NHL level yet, so as much as I like his game, to me, he still hasn't proven that he could produce a 70 point season. His game is definitely better rounded than Ribeiro's, but I'd say Pleks's vision and playmaking abilities are a notch below Ribs's. Pleks's time will come, but for now, this is Ribeiro's last chance to prove his worth, and I expect him to do so.
Ribs is a very creative player I never said otherwise, but when you are slow and weak like he is, you have to compensate somewhere... He knows he isnt powerful enough on skates, neither strong enough physically to beat the opponents so he will try to slow down the play and look for a teammate but hey... Every players know him now, they know he isnt dangerous one on one, you just have to play a good defensive zone coverage... The way the game is played today, you have to make plays at the NHL level quickness, you have less and less time to react, you have always an opponent in the face, you have to be able to beat a guy one on one... If only Ribs had a good shot but unfortunately, he can only rely on his playmaking skills.. Even on PP he doesnt move the puck quick enough, he is easily in trouble when pressured.. his passes arent crisp... Sorry but he just doesnt get the NHL speed to me.

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-13-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old
09-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Ribs is a very creative player I never said otherwise, but when you are slow and weak like he is, you have to compensate somewhere... He knows he isnt powerful enough on skates, neither strong enough physically to beat the opponents so he will try to slow down the play and look for a teammate but hey... Every players know him now, they know he isnt dangerous one on one, you just have to play a good defensive zone coverage... The way the game is played today, you have to make plays at the NHL level quickness, you have less and less time to react, you have always an opponent in the face, you have to be able to beat a guy one on one... If only Ribs had a good shot but unfortunately, he can only rely on his playmaking skills.. Even on PP he doesnt move the puck quick enough, he is easily in trouble when pressured.. his passes arent crisp... Sorry but he just doesnt get the NHL speed to me.
His lack of speed and strength are the reasons why he'll never reach the elite level, agreed. However, as I said before, you can call me naive, but I'm hoping he's made inroads with his speed via the powerskating sessions he's had this summer. We all agree he had a disappointing season last year, and he still put up over 50 points on the board. Not great numbers, but not bad considering he hasn't always played with the greatest players...so it's not unreasonible to expect him to easily better those numbers playing with two strong wingers.

In any case, you're making it sound like he doesn't belong in the NHL, and I think that's a gross overstatement. All I'm saying is that he's still an adequate second line center in this league. With 51 points, what we all consider to be a relatively bad season, Ribeiro ranked 47th among NHL centermen last year...30 teams, 60 "top 2 line" centermen...He may not be fast, but he seems to be doing OK for a guy who doesn't belong in the league, no?

Old
09-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Iz

Quote:
His lack of speed and strength are the reasons why he'll never reach the elite level, agreed. However, as I said before, you can call me naive, but I'm hoping he's made inroads with his speed via the powerskating sessions he's had this summer. We all agree he had a disappointing season last year, and he still put up over 50 points on the board. Not great numbers, but not bad considering he hasn't always played with the greatest players...so it's not unreasonible to expect him to easily better those numbers playing with two strong wingers.

In any case, you're making it sound like he doesn't belong in the NHL, and I think that's a gross overstatement. All I'm saying is that he's still an adequate second line center in this league. With 51 points, what we all consider to be a relatively bad season, Ribeiro ranked 47th among NHL centermen last year...30 teams, 60 "top 2 line" centermen...He may not be fast, but he seems to be doing OK for a guy who doesn't belong in the league, no?

Exactly!
He is not a bad player like some of us tend to think.

Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 12:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

I respect your opinion as well as your optimist regarding the next season for the #71 but Im not a big stats fan, several factors may explain good or bad stats, so I wont argue with you on this point... All what Im saying is that I think we have better options to makes the second line better... Personally I think Ribs has too many flaws in his game to be considered a decent second line center, he is not the worst and certainly is an upgrade over Perreault but we can upgrade this position even more from inside IMO.

Old
09-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
I respect your opinion as well as your optimist regarding the next season for the #71 but Im not a big stats fan, several factors may explain good or bad stats, so I wont argue with you on this point... All what Im saying is that I think we have better options to makes the second line better... Personally I think Ribs has too many flaws in his game to be considered a decent second line center, he is not the worst and certainly is an upgrade over Perreault but we can upgrade this position even more from inside IMO.
Fair enough.

We should take a wait and see approach...I'm willing to give Ribs another shot. If he falters, and it becomes evident that we have better options within the organization for that second line center job, a guy like Plekanec for example, then I'd be happy to see him take that spot.

Old
09-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Sweaty17

Ryder!

75 Points

Riberio - 61

Sweaty17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Fozz

Quote:
When its time to talk hockey, think NHA

Good one! But no thanks.
You're so out in left field in pretty much anything you say, it's not even funny. And to think you're giving yourself credit after being dead wrong in all your predictions is laughable.

Ah... The comedy is killing me.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Fozz

By the way...

Ribs: 78 points this year!
Ryder: 58

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Taupy

I'm sure that Ribeirov will surprise a lot of person this year. It's probably his last chance with the team (and he seems to like the city), they said that he worked on his skating and playing with Kovalev-Samsonov can't really hurt.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 01:44 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
I dont know if you find yourself comic.
no, but i have found you to be absolutly hilarious, ludacris and a potential-junkie who would distroy the franchise if given any presidense (which you never will)

Quote:
When everyone will realize Ribs cant survive as a Habs (cause we just have better options), then Gainey will do the obvious upcoming move...
since your track records in predictions are so amazing and your always 2 steps ahead of gainey...

do i even need to finish that sentence?

Quote:
with comments like these i can easily understand why your predictions are never right. your potential fetish has got to be maintained before you lose a nut (which if your a man of your word you would have lost already due to stupid predictions once again)

by the way dude i remeber a thread you started claiming your never going to post here again because the habs almost do complete opposite of what you want and predict. do you remeber that? you made a allot of habs fans happy that day, but like your predictions it never happend.

Old
09-13-2006, 10:57 PM
NewHabsEra*

no, but i have found you to be absolutly hilarious, ludacris and a potential-junkie who would distroy the franchise if given any presidense (which you never will)

Ok so saying Ribs and Ryder wont last long with the Habs cause we have better kids in the system makes me a guy who would destroy the franchise if given the chance to?? Saying that guys like Perreault, Dagenais were, still are and will ever be total garbage as hockey players make you laugh out loud? Saying that Ribs has too many weakness in his game to become a solid second line center is hilarous? Im awaiting for what I said would put our team in trouble IYO...
with comments like these i can easily understand why your predictions are never right. your potential fetish has got to be maintained before you lose a nut (which if your a man of your word you would have lost already due to stupid predictions once again)

I would suggest you to wait a couple of months before saying this.. Didnt you learn with the Plekanec, Perreault, Ribeiro predictions?
by the way dude i remeber a thread you started claiming your never going to post here again because the habs almost do complete opposite of what you want and predict. do you remeber that? you made a allot of habs fans happy that day, but like your predictions it never happend.

I remember saying I would quit but certainly not cause I desagreed with the decisions Gainey did, you dreamed this or got it from another poster.

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-13-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old
09-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Transported Upstater

Wow, how do you get banned after 10 posts?

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 11:25 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Let's put this thread in a closet till the end of the season, and then bring it back in the spotlight. This is gonna be fun...

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 12:10 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'abstrait View Post
Let's put this thread in a closet till the end of the season, and then bring it back in the spotlight. This is gonna be fun...
I couldnt say better.

Old
09-14-2006, 01:20 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
I couldnt say better.
me 2 dude, btw i also wanted dags and perrot out as well they were one dimensional trash, but give the orginization the benefit of the doubt when they decide not to take your advise and allow our youngsters to develope properly.

btw i meant no disrispect from my last post i apologise, i just got a little crazy due to the hf boards uncanny hype around "potential"

Old
09-14-2006, 02:32 AM
Captain Koivu#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
By the way...

Ribs: 78 points this year!
Ryder: 58
I expect Ribs to get 80 points this season. I would be dissapointed if he got 70 or less.

Captain Koivu#11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 08:48 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Koivu#11 View Post
I expect Ribs to get 80 points this season. I would be dissapointed if he got 70 or less.
when you think that Koivu high points season is 71 or 72 ...

How do you expect Saku to do ? 90 or more ?