HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How far are the Bruins going?

View Poll Results: Regardless of the opponent, how far do you see the Bruins going?
First round 71 34.47%
Second round 67 32.52%
Eastern Conference Final 32 15.53%
Stanley Cup Final - losing 4 1.94%
Stanley Cup Final Champions 32 15.53%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2013, 09:52 PM
  #51
Gonzothe7thDman
Registered User
 
Gonzothe7thDman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Worcester, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 5,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
I don't think it really matters, what we saw yesterday or today or tomorrow won't make a huge difference Gonzo. For the record, I'm not voting until Tuesday, but I already know my answer. If we win tomorrow, it balances out in your mind etc.
We are arguing semantics here.
I'm just saying,

You know, as well as I do, that there is a lot of dead weight on this board that contributes a max of "F this team blow it up/ I give up".

Then those same people are back the next day calling other people pink hats for not sticking with the team.

Emotional 13 year Olds who will see this thread and jump right on it after a loss with there useless drivel or just vote.

As much as I wish it were true, this board isn't abundant with intelligent posters who check their exaggerated emotions at the door.

Gonzothe7thDman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:21 PM
  #52
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Killerbeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ellsworth, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Really tough to say how far the team will go. I wasn't a believer in 2011 until we got to the finals. something magical happens to one team every year. Only question is whether or not it will happen to us.

Killerbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:21 PM
  #53
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,437
vCash: 500
My option isn't there. I think the draw matters-basically I think it could be a first round exit but lean towards if/when they face the Pens. Pens have had their number for years.

I actually think they can win but they have to dig deep and look hungry. Right now they don't look hungry and I don't think that bodes well for a deep run.


Last edited by TCL40: 04-27-2013 at 11:28 PM.
TCL40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:26 PM
  #54
canoebears
Registered User
 
canoebears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: salmon arm b,c,
Country: Canada
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
My option isn't there. I think the draw matters-basically I think it could be a first round exit but lean towards if/when they face the Pens. Pens have had their number for years.

I actually think they can win but they have to dig deep and look hungry. Right now they don't look hungry and I don't think that boxes well for a deep run.
I truly believe they will turn it around once the playoffs start. This team is too good to not at least make it to the final 4

canoebears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:30 PM
  #55
Lord Ahriman
Registered User
 
Lord Ahriman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
...

Can't answer.

I suspect we're one and done. But I can't deny that this roster is better than the one that won two seasons ago. It gives me hope.

If we make it out of the first round, we're making it out of the second... And probably to the Finals. But that first round is going to be a doozy. Depending on opponent - it's just tough to say.
I disagree a little. Rask isn't Thomas, at least not yet.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:00 AM
  #56
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,047
vCash: 500
What would have been the result of this poll after being down 0-2 against the Habs in round 1 of 2011?

Plenty of crow to cook...

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:13 AM
  #57
CanadianBruinsFan
Registered User
 
CanadianBruinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
What would have been the result of this poll after being down 0-2 against the Habs in round 1 of 2011?

Plenty of crow to cook...
Man, I'm not trying to flame you here, but there are absolutely no parallels between this team and 2011 in terms of intensity, gusto, toughness, effort, or goaltending (although I do love Tuukka, he's not Thomas 2011 level). This team has repeatedly shown a lack of balls. They don't get timely scoring. Give up leads. Can't break out correctly or efficiently.

When they were down 2 games to the Habs, of course I was disappointed as I'm sure a lot were. I wasn't on the boards at that point, maybe they were panicky. I really don't know. But I was confident from what they had shown to that point that they would at least give a spirited effort and scrape out some wins. Chara is looking slooooooowwww. I'm not a fairweather fan or an impulsive one, but what have we seen to suggest that this team has anywhere near what they gave us in 2011?

CanadianBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:29 AM
  #58
Tuukka Time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
I disagree a little. Rask isn't Thomas, at least not yet.
You're right. Rask is significantly better than Thomas was at his age.

Tuukka Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:56 AM
  #59
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster
 
Random Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spooner Street
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Conference finals.

Random Bruins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:06 AM
  #60
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.
 
Sir Richard 37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SE Mass
Country: United States
Posts: 4,338
vCash: 500
This team is pretty much up in the air right now. You look at it from an outside perspective, and people are assuming it's Pitt/Bos as the two big threats. You look at it from a passionate Bruins follower perspective, and it's grim right now. We've seen yet another year of a defunct powerplay and now a transformation into the WORST third period team in hockey. How can you blame those saying one and done?

I think they can beat the Isles and Leafs, hands down.

Ottawa, NYR, Washington all seem like seven game series' in my eyes, and could go either way. I'd take the Bruins in 6 in any of those matchups if they were on their game, but again, we haven't seen enough lately to be necessarily confident in those. Pittsburgh and Montreal? Those scare me, outright. Not sure if this team can put together enough magic to topple those two teams.

That's just the way I see it right now. I've been hoping all season that this group just knows what it takes to be still standing in the end, and will be ready to jump on teams when need be. But, the more I see that theory in action, throughout the course of this whole half-season, the more it scares the **** out of me. I remember feeling that same exact way last year, then next thing ya know it's just over. Done. Lightswitch remains stuck in the tripped middle position.

My pragmatic guess would be a 2nd round exit, in seven games.

Sir Richard 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:41 AM
  #61
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
First round and out and I give it only five games. Luckily for you all I did not see the game tonight but it was obviously another choke job by Tuukka and crew. NOWHERE
so.............lemme get this straight.........you post last night`s game was yet another choke......this opinion coming on the comments that you didn`t actually watch the game??????

Am I correct??? Solid


This team didn`t gift wrap the win for the Caps with another uninspired effort IMO. There was little separating the two teams then the B`s took penalties and the Caps did what they have done for the last 35 games, score on the PP, one in bloody OT which I suspect would NEVER happen in the playoffs.

Is it another lead that has evaporated?? Yep, they have the same issue most teams in the East have had this year outside of the Pens, problem is, their recent history has us all concerned about their ability to bear down and bury the opponent and it`s a legit concern.

Sorry, a loss is a loss, but last night`s game, IMO, was far from a choke, I saw a Bruins team still pushing forward, trying to generate more offense in the 3rd whereas, when this team has given up leads previously, they did so by doing little else but playing prevent.

That OT penalty they handed Z was absolute garbagio

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:57 AM
  #62
ap3lovr
Registered User
 
ap3lovr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iqaluit
Posts: 4,513
vCash: 500
They need to get away from the system. The book is out on it. Run a 2 man fore-check and reap the rewards of bad turnovers. If you want to shutdown the offense, collapse the net.

ap3lovr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:01 AM
  #63
BobbyAwe
Registered User
 
BobbyAwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 2,196
vCash: 500
Hole in one

(that's a golf club he's holding )

BobbyAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:25 AM
  #64
MaCam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Eastern Mass
Country: United States
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
First round. They haven't been playing well for weeks now aside from a few games here and there. Not to mention, they've been prone to blown leads in the 3rd period all season. Unless they all of a sudden flip a switch when the playoffs start, this team is in no shape right now to get out of the first round. If they do make it out, it will be in 7 games.

With that being said, I'm obviously hoping they can flip a switch once the playoffs start. It is certainly possible.


Last edited by MaCam: 04-28-2013 at 07:45 AM.
MaCam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:25 AM
  #65
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF View Post
Agreed and give me Jagr, Horton and Hamilton over Daugavins, Thornton and Redden in the playoffs.
i wouldn't take thornton out because he hits, this team needs guys who finish checks. too many passengers like marchy, seguin, peverly, jagr, soderberg, and sometimes the dynamic duo of horton and lucic. horton and lucic have to hit, jagr and soderberg have been duing a good job on the forecheck last couple games and finishing there checks. marchy and seguin haven't been getting engaged consistently and its time they pick it up. i would sit peverly game 1 because he has been awful on any line. hasn't gelled with anyone this season and hardly finishes checks. peverly actually played ok and showed something with krejci and lucic but at this point he has not gotten any chemistry going with anyone and i would consider soda over him on the third line. who knows what claude would do though so my thoughts are probably way off base from what actually happens

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:30 AM
  #66
missingchicklet
Registered User
 
missingchicklet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13,481
vCash: 500
I'm sure we'll get past the first round, regardless of who we play. Beyond that it will depend on health and who wants it bad enough.

Talent and coaching is there. Not sure about desire any more. Everyone wants it on some level and says they want it, but there is that deeper desire that I'm referring to. Bs had that in their Cup run.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:55 AM
  #67
RustyBruins72
Registered User
 
RustyBruins72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
...

Can't answer.

I suspect we're one and done. But I can't deny that this roster is better than the one that won two seasons ago. It gives me hope.

If we make it out of the first round, we're making it out of the second... And probably to the Finals. But that first round is going to be a doozy. Depending on opponent - it's just tough to say.
Couldn't agree more MMB.

Any idea when the playoffs for the bs start? Saturday?

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:25 AM
  #68
JAD
Registered User
 
JAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
How far will the Bruins go? ….

The team has talent, looks great on paper, but it will come down to …
Well, if the coaching staff makes in game adjustments and adjustments as each series progresses - then they will go far -

If not, well …

C ya on the links


Last edited by JAD: 04-28-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: that said - "I STILL BELIEVE"
JAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:34 AM
  #69
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star
 
ToddRundgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,275
vCash: 500
Losing to Chicago in the finals.

__________________
Dusk At Cubist Castle
ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:50 AM
  #70
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,131
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
I will wait to vote until after the game tonight to see who we play and what seed we have...Personally I feel like we have no shot vs Pittsburgh, NYR or Washington right now....

If we finish 2nd seed, and if the Rangers beat Washington I think we can beat the NYI and Tor/Mon winner meaning it's conference finals, if we play Washington round 2, I don't love our chances.... If we finish 4th seed and get Pitts round 2 , again I don't love our chances..

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:51 AM
  #71
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
I disagree a little. Rask isn't Thomas, at least not yet.
Oh, I agree. I just don't think that with we have on the rest of the roster, he should have to be. And he's still plenty good enough to consider goaltending a strength of our team.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:51 AM
  #72
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser
 
TheReal13Linseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Nation's Capital
Country: United States
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBruinsFan View Post
Man, I'm not trying to flame you here, but there are absolutely no parallels between this team and 2011 in terms of intensity, gusto, toughness, effort, or goaltending (although I do love Tuukka, he's not Thomas 2011 level). This team has repeatedly shown a lack of balls. They don't get timely scoring. Give up leads. Can't break out correctly or efficiently.

When they were down 2 games to the Habs, of course I was disappointed as I'm sure a lot were. I wasn't on the boards at that point, maybe they were panicky. I really don't know. But I was confident from what they had shown to that point that they would at least give a spirited effort and scrape out some wins. Chara is looking slooooooowwww. I'm not a fairweather fan or an impulsive one, but what have we seen to suggest that this team has anywhere near what they gave us in 2011?
Quite agree. To distill my view in two sentences: Though I was nervous when the 2011 went down 2-0 to the Habs, I didn't think the series was over. If this year's team went down 2-0, however, I don't think they have the talent, execution, coaching, cohesion or maybe even desire to claw back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
so.............lemme get this straight.........you post last night`s game was yet another choke......this opinion coming on the comments that you didn`t actually watch the game??????

Am I correct??? Solid


This team didn`t gift wrap the win for the Caps with another uninspired effort IMO. There was little separating the two teams then the B`s took penalties and the Caps did what they have done for the last 35 games, score on the PP, one in bloody OT which I suspect would NEVER happen in the playoffs.

Is it another lead that has evaporated?? Yep, they have the same issue most teams in the East have had this year outside of the Pens, problem is, their recent history has us all concerned about their ability to bear down and bury the opponent and it`s a legit concern.

Sorry, a loss is a loss, but last night`s game, IMO, was far from a choke, I saw a Bruins team still pushing forward, trying to generate more offense in the 3rd whereas, when this team has given up leads previously, they did so by doing little else but playing prevent.

That OT penalty they handed Z was absolute garbagio
Depends on how one define's "choke", I suppose. Up 2-0 against a team that put the dagger in us last year, and whom against we've struggled this year, in a message game in case we happen to meet them again in the playoffs, having continued with an abysmal power play performance with a key 4-3 pp oppt at the end of the game, with goaltending that veered from ok-to-merely pedestrian at times, I'd characterize the game as a choke for those reasons.

__________________
My views have No Movement Clauses.
Bruins HF Board: Come for the lunacy; stay for the snipefest.
Marchand: Today's Linseman
Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
2014 Bruins turned me into South Shore Kings fan
TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:54 AM
  #73
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star
 
ToddRundgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I will wait to vote until after the game tonight to see who we play and what seed we have...Personally I feel like we have no shot vs Pittsburgh, NYR or Washington right now....

If we finish 2nd seed, and if the Rangers beat Washington I think we can beat the NYI and Tor/Mon winner meaning it's conference finals, if we play Washington round 2, I don't love our chances.... If we finish 4th seed and get Pitts round 2 , again I don't love our chances..
I'm most scared of the Rangers. I think we can take Pitt.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:01 AM
  #74
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,827
vCash: 500
Ya of course we can beat the Pens, who have beaten us all year while not having their best players. Naturally a fully loaded Pens team with that PP would lose to use.

We'd lose in 5-6.

RedeyeRocketeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:03 AM
  #75
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Game time, baby
Country: United States
Posts: 39,131
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Ideally, we could get the 2nd seed, and have Pitts lose to Ottawa and have the NYI, Ottawa and then MON, TOR, WAS, or NYR in the conference final...

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.