HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Emelin to Buffalo

Old
04-27-2013, 11:58 PM
DJN21

vCash: 500
Emelin to Buffalo

I'm curious what it would take from a POV of Habs fans in the off-season to deal Emelin to a division rival(I understand the spiked cost in doing so). The Habs have a number of nhl ready dmen and have a few top prospects on the way as well...likewise the Sabres likely have a need for one defensive dman(assuming Ehrhoff,Myers,Sekera are all retained to handle offensive duties) to bridge while Ruhwedel and McNabb gain experience...

really more a question of a fan having a man-crush on a rival's player than it is anything in the realm of possible...the obvious are off limits: Grigorenko, our 13 first, Hodgson etc...

Please flame away

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:05 AM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

How about Emelin and a 3rd for Ott?

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
I'm curious what it would take from a POV of Habs fans in the off-season to deal Emelin to a division rival(I understand the spiked cost in doing so). The Habs have a number of nhl ready dmen and have a few top prospects on the way as well...likewise the Sabres likely have a need for one defensive dman(assuming Ehrhoff,Myers,Sekera are all retained to handle offensive duties) to bridge while Ruhwedel and McNabb gain experience...

really more a question of a fan having a man-crush on a rival's player than it is anything in the realm of possible...the obvious are off limits: Grigorenko, our 13 first, Hodgson etc...

Please flame away
You're better off just drafting Zadorov at 8.

Emelin would only be traded in a package for an upgrade at D who brings a similar physical game. He brings a desperately needed skillset that we can't part with without adequately replacing at the same time.

Playmaker09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:18 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
No thanks. Pretty sure it would be bad business to ship of the guy we just gave an 'A' to.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:28 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post

Emelin would only be traded in a package for an upgrade at D who brings a similar physical game. He brings a desperately needed skillset that we can't part with without adequately replacing at the same time.
Very true, I hear you brother. Like I said more of a me wanting to get a personal favorite on my team than an actual proposal.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:32 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Im likely just still on my "Ott-high" as most Sabres fans are but I wouldnt quite bite on something like this especially given our lack of proven wing depth outside Vanek(i.e foligno sophmore slumped,leino is oft-injured, stafford is...stafford...)sadly Ott is needed as a top 6 winger next year which is worth more than a bottom pairing physical dman (again not to sell emelin short at all but Ehrhoff,Myers,Sekera...and likely Pysyk control our top 4 next year)

Old
04-28-2013, 01:01 AM
Djp

Quote:

Please flame away
Sabres really dont need to do that.

They have Ehrhoff, Myers, Sekera, Pysyk, Weber, McNabb, Ruhwedel ---Pardy and Sulzer are signable UFAs.

They can go out and sign a UFA Dman for about $2M if you want someone for 1 or 2 yrs.

they could also acquire a dman as part of a trade of Miller/Vanek/Stafford.

If they want a more experienced dman they could acquire a veteran for something like a 3rd round pick. There are teams because of a hard cap who will need to dump some salaries.

Personally---Id rather just have the young guys play and evaluate them. There is going to come a time you need to figure out what you have --next season would be the time to find out.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:25 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Sabres really dont need to do that.

They have Ehrhoff, Myers, Sekera, Pysyk, Weber, McNabb, Ruhwedel ---Pardy and Sulzer are signable UFAs.

They can go out and sign a UFA Dman for about $2M if you want someone for 1 or 2 yrs.

they could also acquire a dman as part of a trade of Miller/Vanek/Stafford.

If they want a more experienced dman they could acquire a veteran for something like a 3rd round pick. There are teams because of a hard cap who will need to dump some salaries.

Personally---Id rather just have the young guys play and evaluate them. There is going to come a time you need to figure out what you have --next season would be the time to find out.
I understand that logic and respect it...but we have no one willing to offer that physical edge Emelin can bring...having dmen lined up is not the same as having the defensive version of OTT being on our team...Ruhwedel looked great...welcome to the AHL and frankly Pysyk,weber and Ruhwedel not to mention mcnabb made me forget about sulzer...which brings me back to my OP...emelin in BUff's 6 means...?

Ehrhoff-Emelein
Myers-Sekera
Pysyk-Weber
x-McNabb,Sulzerr on a 2way,LDC etc...

Old
04-28-2013, 06:37 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Probably as a package for Myers, and at that point the conversation ends.

Habs don't really have much of what Emelin brings, so they'd be I'll advised to deal him. The d has looked incredibly soft since he went down with injury.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Domino11

Emelin won't get traded to a division rival .... Mtl has been struggling since he got injured . Why , it cause he bring a dimension that only him can bring in mtl ! Lucic said it , when u pass on emelin side u know u will get hit hard ! Player hesitate when they pass on emelin side and that what amazing about him and that why we will keep him for a long time ... It only is second season in the nhl and every game he look better and better ! Unless we upgrade there is no way we trade him . He love to play in mtl

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Hugo Sham

Montreal's not trading emelin to a division rival and he's worth more than Ott imo.
Since his injury the D has suffered massively without his size, physical edge and shot blocking. It's stabilized since Tinordi has come in. But he's pretty he's close to untouchable on D

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:

Please flame away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post

Probably because it would take too much to get him

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Until Tinordi can get established in the NHL, Emelin is pretty vital to the team. Ott would be pretty much the only piece the Habs would be interested in.

Other than that, I dunno. Girgs or Armia? Doubt Buffalo would move them, or Montreal would be looking for non-NHLers.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:24 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Until Tinordi can get established in the NHL, Emelin is pretty vital to the team. Ott would be pretty much the only piece the Habs would be interested in.

Other than that, I dunno. Girgs or Armia? Doubt Buffalo would move them, or Montreal would be looking for non-NHLers.
Hell no.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Ace88*

Emelin does not hold much value. It wouldnt be worth it for Montreal to trade him.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Emelin does not hold much value. It wouldnt be worth it for Montreal to trade him.
thanks for coming, stick to things you actually know about next post

Old
04-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
I'd wager Emelin is worth a 1st +, possibly more. There are less than 5 Emelin type players in the league. Big physical workhorses who can match up against other teams top lines and play 20 minutes a night. His value then skyrockets when you consider none of them are available.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:41 AM
JuicyJ*

27 year old dman who played 17 and 19 mi utes per game in his two season, doesn't provide much offensively (IM NOT CALLING HIM A BLACKHOLE). He's a modern day, worse, Robyn Regehr. Grigorenko, Myers, Armia, a high first rounder +. Lets try to be realistic, if he's not available, he's not available, but regardless he's not worth NEARLY what's been offered up.

JuicyJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
thanks for coming, stick to things you actually know about next post
Dont let homerism blind you. He is useful but in no universe is he worth a 1st rounder stay at home hitting dmen are great to have, and i like Emelin, but get your head out of the clouds. He simply doesnt hold much value--teams are not falling over themselves to acquire him.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Dont let homerism blind you. He is useful but in no universe is he worth a 1st rounder stay at home hitting dmen are great to have, and i like Emelin, but get your head out of the clouds. He simply doesnt hold much value--teams are not falling over themselves to acquire him.
Thats cool, Montreal isnt interested in moving him.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
don't let your lack of pro-player assessment blind you. Tough, young dmen - coming into their prime who can block shots and are / were top 5 in the entire league in hits have the value of a first rounder. Regardless, habs aren't dealing him

Old
04-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
He put up 12 points in 38 games (that's ~26 over a full season) with no PP time. He handles and moves the puck better than your typical stay-at-home D, and is great at finding lanes to get his shot thought to the net as well. Plus, as already mentioned, he hits like a truck, plays 20 minutes a night against tough competition and is only 26 years old. He's damn valuable.

Playmaker09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
RC51

When the Habs get a fully mature Beaulieu and Tinordi. Emilin will make one of the NHL's best 7th dman for about 1.5 mil.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:06 PM
RealityandHabs

Emelin isn't moving, Bergevin wouldn't move him unless a pure upgrade is in the mix. You're talking about a solid 2nd line Defenceman who can play shutdown 1st line minutes.

RealityandHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:26 PM
ginovegas

how about something like
Emelin and Desharnais
for
Myers

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote