HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Marcus Messier

Old
04-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

vCash: 500
Marcus Messier

When it comes to great players relatives I guess this one is the most unknown but he is sort of a mystery to me.

What ever happened with Joby Messier?

I remember watching some games he was was playing with the rangers and while he wasnt elite I didnt think he was a terrible player and could have fitted in a bottom-pairing role. Was he a victim of too high expectations or did he simply suck?

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Fred Taylor
The Cyclone

Marks brother?

Fred Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Taylor View Post
Marks brother?
No cousin i see, but Paul Messier aparantly is Marks brother and was for some reason born in Nottingham, England. Played 9 NHL games in the seventies.

Paul Messier. It might actually be worth looking into if Mark and Paul really have both parents the same. It could just be that EP has'nt linked Joby and some Mitch Messier to Pauls profile though, but they are QUITE the bit older than Marcus and Jordan after all and that i think would support my case. Have a look here at Marks four cousins ages. It's a whole generation between the two older and the prospects.

Last edited by Darth Yoda: 04-26-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Darth Yoda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Apparently Joby retired because of a concussion and many problems with injuries before that so I guess thats why he didnt stick around.

Hobnobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:04 AM
eddytheeagle20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
No cousin i see, but Paul Messier aparantly is Marks brother and was for some reason born in Nottingham, England. Played 9 NHL games in the seventies.

Paul Messier. It might actually be worth looking into if Mark and Paul really have both parents the same. It could just be that EP has'nt linked Joby and some Mitch Messier to Pauls profile though, but they are QUITE the bit older than Marcus and Jordan after all and that i think would support my case. Have a look here at Marks four cousins ages. It's a whole generation between the two older and the prospects.
didnt mitch messier play for the avalance in the yealy 2000's

eddytheeagle20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Doctor No
Mod Supervisor
Retired?

You're thinking of Eric Messier.

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:54 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Marks brother and was for some reason born in Nottingham, England. Played 9 NHL games in the seventies.
1957/58 his father played for the Nottingham Panthers in the British League... same parents.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
1957/58 his father played for the Nottingham Panthers in the British League... same parents.
Still, whats up with having one cousin born in 1965 and another in 1994, especially when yourself is born in 1961 and has at least one older brother born in 1958? Okey, i got an aunt that is some months younger than me, i guess it's the same deal although she's just 25 years younger than her oldest brother. Someone here must have quite the Old Time Hockey father it seems.

Last edited by Darth Yoda: 04-27-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old
04-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Still, whats up with having one cousin born in 1965 and another in 1994, especially when yourself is born in 1961 and has at least one older brother born in 1958? Okey, i got an aunt that is some months younger than me, i guess it's the same deal although she's just 25 years younger than her oldest brother. Someone here must have quite the Old Time Hockey father it seems.
Weird question.

When you have a large family with sibling ages far apart, the next generation can be spaced out even more. I have some cousins born in the early 70s and some in the late 90s.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Stephen

Quote:

Funny thing about Paul is he was drafted a year before Mark in 1978 41st overall, while Mark was drafted 48th in 1979. So Paul was the higher rated one...

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Weird question.

When you have a large family with sibling ages far apart, the next generation can be spaced out even more. I have some cousins born in the early 70s and some in the late 90s.
Whatever.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Whatever.
Absolutely no idea whats goin on there & could care less. Highly amusing. You thinkin Old Man Messier had a broken fly huh?

Old
04-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea whats goin on there & could care less. Highly amusing. You thinkin Old Man Messier had broken fly huh?
Edit: Misunderstood first, but sure, ther's something fishy in the water there with such a lineup of relatives going on. The further you go they could field a team of their own with one-hit wonders. Plus socially awquard Marky-Mark of course.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Edit: Misunderstood first, but sure, ther's something fishy in the water there with such a lineup of relatives going on.
.... I dont understand you. The Messier Clan has roots in Alberta, Wainwright & Edmonton etc. You should be proud of these guys. Now, Mark there has a son named Lyon who was born in Texas, and I dont believe that was in Wedlock so to speak. So who knows?. See, thing is this DY, if your born a Bastid you have an excuse for treating people badly. Love em & leave em, starting WW3, whatever. Its the rest of us that have a hard time finding alibi's.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
.... I dont understand you. The Messier Clan has roots in Alberta, Wainwright & Edmonton etc. You should be proud of these guys. Now, Mark there has a son named Lyon who was born in Texas, and I dont believe that was in Wedlock so to speak. So who knows?. See, thing is this DY, if your born a Bastid you have an excuse for treating people badly. Love em & leave em, starting WW3, whatever. Its the rest of us that have a hard time finding alibi's.
I'm drunk, that can be one of the reasons.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
I'm drunk, that can be one of the reasons.
Oh ok, explains everything. Carry on.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
I like you man. My senses have told me you're doing som kind of bookwork? I'd like to read that stuff when it's finished, if in fact my senses hav'nt fooled me again.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
What's the over/under on 50% of your posts happening while you couldn't legally drive in BC, like our once premier?

I'll take the over ANEC I'm betting.

Or what was it they said about Dali?

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:18 AM
nutbar

Quote:
Absolutely no idea whats goin on there & could care less. Highly amusing. You thinkin Old Man Messier had a broken fly huh?

nutbar is offline   Reply With Quote