HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs embarrass the Leafs: Burn the boats!

Old
04-28-2013, 01:04 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Don't get this thread more off track than it already is. If you want to talk about other sports, use the appropriate threads. Meanwhile, I don't know what other sports have to do with the leafs lack of success.
It's the "my team is average so I'll pump its tires with other teams' success (or lack thereof.. MLSE..)" syndrome. Commonly found in Ontario.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:17 AM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

Brings me back.
this is still a go to party track

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:53 AM
hockeyrules123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiensforLife View Post
Typical goonery by a loser team. The broons wanna-bees..
Funny how they say Carlyle won the Cup by playing "tough". He did not win by playing tough, he won because of Pronger, Getzlaf and Perry.Anybody seeing one of those in Leafs Jerseys? All I saw was a bunch of useless players like Orr, Mclaren trying to make the most of their last game of the year.
With referees like tonight, those 2 and Carlyle would be without a job.

hockeyrules123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:56 AM
hockeyrules123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
i'm glad the Leafs tried to goon things up at 4-1

unlike most people I think this is how we're going to beat them! there's a difference between "playing a physical game" and "playing a goon game", the second one won't win you any playoff series
To play physical, you have to be able to "skate". Goon game is after the whistle.Leafs and Bruins anyone?

hockeyrules123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:56 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
best avatar ever

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:19 AM
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
this post needs some love.

seriously, NOBODY GIVES A ****
look at his posts, they're all the same schtick. Pretending to be a Habs fan and then going on about how great the Leafs are and how we are doomed against them

IT's really funny.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:42 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
best avatar ever

Took me like an hour in photoshop, I was trying to make a nice subtle pattern and make it look like a real shirt but then said "F it" and just fiddled with the layer option until it looked passable

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:47 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules123 View Post
Funny how they say Carlyle won the Cup by playing "tough". He did not win by playing tough, he won because of Pronger, Getzlaf and Perry.Anybody seeing one of those in Leafs Jerseys? All I saw was a bunch of useless players like Orr, Mclaren trying to make the most of their last game of the year.
With referees like tonight, those 2 and Carlyle would be without a job.
I see Phaneuf, Kadri and Kessel.
OK, agreed, not seeing same.

But do you expect Leafs to win the cup?

As far as Orr, McLaren and all are concerned, they played 5 to 6 minutes per game (when iced).
They should not have any impact at all except using ice time against our fourth line.
Against players like this, solution is to put your best players so they can circle around them and score.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:49 AM
habsfanatics

I prefer the leafs. Their playoff team in disguise imo. A team who gets outshot routinely and has largely benefited from luck and good goaltending. Their negative shot differential will bite them in arse eventually, I'm hopeful it will be now.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:11 AM
Kurplunk

Jesus, Toronto fans are sad,,,

Kurplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:22 AM
Teufelsdreck

I was awakened by a ringing telephone: a wrong number that serves as a metaphor for a thread I noticed on the Leafs board that plugs Dion Phaneuf as a worthy candidate for the Norris trophy. I didn't know the bars on Jonge Street remained open all night. Take a peek for yourselves, gents.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:54 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Some things that have come and gone

8 Track Tapes
Cassette Tapes
The Rubik's Cube
ABBA
Miami Vice
Neil Armstrong's Moonwalk
Michael Jackson's Moonwalk
The Six Million Dollar Man
Led Zeppelin
Gary Coleman
Bellbottom Pants

It's pretty amazing if you think about it.
Rubik's Cube has come and gone and come back again.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:58 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Great road game to end the season from the Habs tonight.. I was pretty sure after reading posts from Leaf fans today that the Habs didn't stand a chance tonight against the bigger, stronger and faster Leafs.
They didn't take into account the Tinordi effect. He single-handedly makes the whole team 1 centimeter taller.

Seriously, the first goal was the TSN Turning Point, and Tinordi started it all with what he is here to do, separate the player from the puck. Then the kids took over.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:25 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Agreed, Tinner brings a sorely lacking element. Hopefully he's a stud throughout our run.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Tuggy

Great game. Habs looked focused again and looked like the team that has been beating teams all year.

And Phaneuf pulling his regular crap. Pulls so much **** and never answers for it. People say things about Subban but at least he fights sometimes. Would have loved to see White beat on Phaneuf last night.

As for who I want to play in the playoffs, it's obviously the Leafs. The only reason they are where they are this season is Reimer. They are constantly outshot and outchanced.

And predictably as I read the Leafs PGT, the loss last night was a good thing. Of course...

Last edited by Tuggy: 04-28-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:56 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurplunk View Post
Jesus, Toronto fans are sad,,,
Making the playoffs once every nine years will do that to ya...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:33 AM
samsquanch9

Can someone PLEASE get a gif of Phaneuf at the end when he crosschecked the Habs player from behind and then backed up into the boards with his stick in the air looking around scared that someone was gonna hit him

samsquanch9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
You got it backwards.

The team that beat us 2-3 weeks ago is the same team we beat tonight. Only difference is we didn't fall into a hole 3-0 on first 4-5 shots. The score dictates the pace of the game a lot of the time.

Everyone got so worried about the leafs. They're bad. They're a bad team. But.. I don't want to face them because they're also extremely physical and I'm worried about being banged up for round 2.
I guess I should have stated longer. The team that beat us 2-3 weeks ago wasn't very good either. Just poor goaltending on our part. Though, Reimer looked better.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:05 AM
brec7

Ah good old 'hfboards... two weeks ago this team was destined to be swept (apparently) and now after a win over a team that wasn't even playing for a place in the standings and its all sunshine and lollipops, even if that same team has beaten us just as decisively in an earlier meeting. Then again all 30 fanbases are like this. That said, people should probably calm down a bit.

Getting a few wins before the playoffs is good for sure, but I'm thinking Toronto will put in a better showing than that if the series happens (although it'd be nice if they didn't ) in a series that could go either way.

brec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brec7 View Post
Ah good old 'hfboards... two weeks ago this team was destined to be swept (apparently) and now after a win over a team that wasn't even playing for a place in the standings and its all sunshine and lollipops, even if that same team has beaten us just as decisively in an earlier meeting. Then again all 30 fanbases are like this. That said, people should probably calm down a bit.

Getting a few wins before the playoffs is good for sure, but I'm thinking Toronto will put in a better showing than that if the series happens (although it'd be nice if they didn't ) in a series that could go either way.
First, it was just fun to see our team playing like that. Can we enjoy it for now? Then, it's mostly about loving to see that wake up call on the Leafs and their fans that it is a testament to how suddenly great we are. I don't think anybody fell for it. Still a whole lot to accomplish here.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:23 AM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Talk about a way to shut those motherfu***** up ! Big game ! Larry Love with a goal, two assists, +3 and 6 hits: sounds like a damn good game !

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Hugo Sham

even after the pasting so many maple donkey fans in the stanley cup thread salivating at the thought of playing habs in 1st round. predicting a 5 game win. as if last night was some kind of anomaly and we'll go back to Price letting in 4 goals on 5 shots.

careful for what you wish for. personally would love to play the bruins in 1st round at home - a team that has truly looked like ******* for 2+ weeks and whom we skate circles around

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
Knocked Budda back before puck penetrated with seconds left in the game.
Tied us and went on to win in OT.
I thought you were talking about Ott's goal earlier in that game, hence the confusion on my part. True, that game trying goal could have been overturned...but we also got a fortunate call against WPG on a goalie interference that negated a big goal early in the 3rd a few weeks ago, so it evens out.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:44 AM
sampollock

i hope the b's and figs play each other, and they can beat each others brains in, as the figs all they care about is how tough they are, they should try to be a complete team.

that being said, this off season pls bulk up habs.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
i hope the b's and figs play each other, and they can beat each others brains in, as the figs all they care about is how tough they are, they should try to be a complete team.

that being said, this off season pls bulk up habs.
Why do people insist on calling the Leaf's a tough team???

They are only tough on their 4th line and bottom pairing D. The players who play the majority of the minutes, especially in the playoffs are hardly intimidating. The Leaf's are actually a soft team with a handfull of goons who will be primarily sitting on the bench in the post season.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote