HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Loui Eriksson to CAR, EDM, STL or NYR (or anyone else)

Old
04-28-2013, 03:01 AM
Ambassador Of Fun

vCash: 500
Loui Eriksson to CAR, EDM, STL or NYR (or anyone else)

With a new GM in town, no one is safe from trade in Dallas. Loui is definitely a top 3 most valuable piece the Stars have and arguably the most valuable piece. It is a battle between him, Benn and Lehtonen.

Loui has very similar (I'd say a tad bit more) value compared to Jeff Carter due to their similar offensive production, his better two way game, and no lifestyle or attitude problems that Carter exhibited in Philly and Columbus respectively. Carter had 10 years at 5.2 per left on his contract at the time of the first trade. 3 years of Loui at 4.25 is probably a wash compared to Carter's contract situation. Carter returned Voracek + 8th overall + 3rd round pick from Columbus and Jack Johnson + 1st from LA.

Some packages that would be similar to those would include

Skinner + 5th overall from CAR (Stars would probably have to add)

or

Gagner + 7th overall + ? from EDM

or

Shattenkirk + 1st round pick + ? from STL

or

Del Zotto + 1st round pick + ? from NYR

What do other people think or other teams want to offer for Loui?

Last edited by Ambassador Of Fun: 04-28-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:14 AM
Bluesman91

Shattenkirk won't be moved as Armstrong has stated him and Pietrangelo are priority RFA resigns. We also don't need any more wingers.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Roboturner913

Canes likely won't trade Skinner unless it's for a top-pair d-man. Somebody like Dillon, not that the Stars are gonna trade him.

What about Canes first-round pick + Victor Rask (Canes top prospect, a center) + Patrick Dwyer (young, cheap, fast, defensively responsible, would be great fit on your third line) for Eriksson.

Nice team the Stars are putting together, BTW.

Last edited by Roboturner913: 04-28-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:29 AM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

Oilers will not do that. We don't need a winger.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:32 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Your new GM is very familiar with the Wings prospect pool and will have his pick pretty much if Eriksson is on the market. I don't really see Jim Nill wanting to move him though, he is basically everything he looks for in terms of talent evaluation and the kind of system and players he is going to want to put in. But should he do it, I would expect the Wings to make a very serious pitch.

Eriksson could command a lot, but I don't particularly like any of the OPs trades in terms of getting a team to do that for Loui, it will be interesting to see, we don't know what kind of a trader Nill is to date to have a feel for what he will be looking for.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:33 AM
Spawn

As an Oiler fan, I would love a player like Loui Eriksson. But the proposed deal in the op is simply way too much and doesn't realistically fill a need for the team. Lets not pretend like Eriksson had an incredible season either. He was on a 50 point pace and was a pretty terrible minus player. Gagner had a better season than he did.

But regardless of that, even if this was just an off year for Erkisson, the Oilers can't afford to move out Gagner without someone else to step in as a #2 center. The center depth in the organization is putrid. There is not a single player, current NHLer or prospect anywhere in the system that is anywhere remotely close to being able to be a 2nd line center for the Oilers.

Edmonton can't afford to go into next season with RNH as the teams number one center and only offensive threat down the middle.

If the Oilers are trading Gagner and their first round pick the only way I can see them doing it is if they are getting an upgrade at center. Some might argue that you can move Gagner and then replace him if you get a center at the draft. But the proposed deal has the Oilers moving Gagner and the first (and something else :S). Just doesn't make much sense to me.

Now if you want to talk about a deal centered around Gagner the 7th and Jamie Benn... then we can talk (I kid I kid)

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Kershaw

Eriksson for MDZ and a 1rst makes a lot of sense.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Eriksson-Richards-Zuccarello
Clowe-Brassard-Callahan
Powe-Boyle-Pyatt

McDonagh-'Scuderi'
Staal-Girardi
Moore-Stralman

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:42 AM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Your new GM is very familiar with the Wings prospect pool and will have his pick pretty much if Eriksson is on the market. I don't really see Jim Nill wanting to move him though, he is basically everything he looks for in terms of talent evaluation and the kind of system and players he is going to want to put in. But should he do it, I would expect the Wings to make a very serious pitch.

Eriksson could command a lot, but I don't particularly like any of the OPs trades in terms of getting a team to do that for Loui, it will be interesting to see, we don't know what kind of a trader Nill is to date to have a feel for what he will be looking for.
I was just using the Carter trades as templates for Eriksson because he is the best comparable to use. The current market might result in Eriksson getting a little bit more or a little bit less than both of those trades. But in terms of how they impact the game, Eriksson and Carter are very similar, even though they do it in completely different ways. Value-wise I think all of the trades I listed fall in the category of "pretty close" to what Carter returned.

If no one wants to offer a package of that sort, I can't imagine Loui being moved then.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:45 AM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
Canes likely won't trade Skinner unless it's for a top-pair d-man. Somebody like Dillon, not that the Stars are gonna trade him.

What about Canes first-round pick + Victor Rask (Canes top prospect, a center) + Patrick Dwyer (young, cheap, fast, defensively responsible, would be great fit on your third line) for Eriksson.

Nice team the Stars are putting together, BTW.
Interesting package. I'd consider it.

Old
04-28-2013, 04:04 AM
MTrangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Clowe-Brassard-Callahan
Powe-Boyle-Pyatt

McDonagh-'Scuderi'
Staal-Girardi
Moore-Stralman
Looks scary good...and that depth...though Dorsett over Pyatt would be preferred next year I imagine.

I'd rather move Girardi though personally. Without knowing for sure how Moore is going to end up I'd be hard pressed to move our only true offensively talented top 4 D-man.

MTrangers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:09 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Clowe-Brassard-Callahan
Powe-Boyle-Pyatt

McDonagh-'Scuderi'
Staal-Girardi
Moore-Stralman
Seriously, how in the world are you paying that lineup under the cap? Once you take care of your RFA guys, then factor in the fact we already know Clowe has some ridiculous demands, this is an impossible lineup.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:14 AM
Bismuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Loui has very similar (I'd say a tad bit more) value compared to Jeff Carter due to their similar offensive production, his better two way game, and no lifestyle or attitude problems that Carter exhibited in Philly and Columbus respectively. Carter had 10 years at 5.2 per left on his contract at the time of the first trade. 3 years of Loui at 4.25 is probably a wash compared to Carter's contract situation. Carter returned Voracek + 8th overall + 3rd round pick from Columbus and Jack Johnson + 1st from LA.
Voracek broke out this year - I don't think either team expected him to be a point-per-game player when he was traded. LA was looking to trade Johnson's contract for offense, and the draft pick acquired from LA will be later than 20th overall. Neither of those trades brought back nearly as much value as you seem to want for Eriksson. I'd imagine Shattenkirk and Skinner have more value than Eriksson on their own.

Bismuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:21 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Seriously, how in the world are you paying that lineup under the cap? Once you take care of your RFA guys, then factor in the fact we already know Clowe has some ridiculous demands, this is an impossible lineup.
The Rangers should just let Clowe go anyway IMO.

I take Eriksson for MDZ + 1st every day of the week.

E: Do this move, sign Hagelin for 2.5M, McD for 4M, give the Giroux contract to Stepan 3.75M, sign Zuccarello for 1.4M, sign Eminger for 750k, sign Gilroy for 600k, trade Pyatt for a pick and you get:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.500m) / Derek Stepan ($3.750m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Loui Eriksson ($4.250m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.400m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Arron Asham ($1.000m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($4.000m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Steve Eminger ($0.750m)
Matt Gilroy ($0.600m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,056,667; BONUSES: $762,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,005,833

Last edited by Blue Blooded: 04-28-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:41 AM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismuth View Post
Voracek broke out this year - I don't think either team expected him to be a point-per-game player when he was traded. LA was looking to trade Johnson's contract for offense, and the draft pick acquired from LA will be later than 20th overall. Neither of those trades brought back nearly as much value as you seem to want for Eriksson. I'd imagine Shattenkirk and Skinner have more value than Eriksson on their own.
Players that had more than 70+ points each year from 2009-2012:

Henrik Sedin
Steven Stamkos
Martin St. Louis
Joe Thornton
Eric Staal
Loui Eriksson

This is a testament to each of these players ability to both produce and stay healthy.

And Loui is the best defensive forward on that list.

While I admit this is a bit of cherry picking because Loui slumped during this shortened season, he is still a top 30 player in the NHL on a top 10 non-rookie contract.

Voracek's numbers in Columbus are similar to Gagner's (up until this shortened season) and a bit worse than Skinner's (not taking into account Skinner is having a poor year).

Last edited by Ambassador Of Fun: 04-28-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old
04-28-2013, 07:02 AM
djf

I'd definitely do DZ+1st+prospect for Louie, love his game. He would be a great addition to the lineup at a reasonable cap hit.

djf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:47 AM
jayintro86

Buffalo offers Stafford and Minnesota's 1st

or

Tyler Ennis and a 2nd

jayintro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Rikard

Nino Niederreiter and the Islanders 1st pick this year.

Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Domino11

Montreal offer desharnais + Beaulieu + Leblanc vs Eriksson

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:56 AM
hlaverty06

Quote:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Clowe-Brassard-Callahan
Powe-Boyle-Pyatt

McDonagh-'Scuderi'
Staal-Girardi
Moore-Stralman
You do not have the cap space for this. You're assuming players are going to take whats offered to them. Stepan will be closer to 4.25 I feel like.

I feel like all the #'s you gave the players may get 250K to 500K more and that adds up to more than the 1,005,833 in cap space you show.

Rangers can't afford it, because you can't just think about now what about....

2014-2015 when Girardi, Del Zotto, Moore, Stralman, Callahan, Kreider, Boyle, Powe, Brassard are all most likely going to need more money?

Stralman, Boyle, and Powe obviously not that much, but Brassard won't take a paycut from 3.2, Del Zotto if his production keeps up and he keeps getting better will command a decent sum of $, Girardi if he sticks will get more than 3.25, Callahan will want more (maybe not a lot but more) than 4.25...

You have to think about the near future not just the immediate future.

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:01 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
Nino Niederreiter and the Islanders 1st pick this year.
Very nice first proposal.

Isles believe Nino's development back on track, which is why Snow ignored Nino's trade demand and forced Nino and his agent to back down.

The question is does the new Dallas gm, value Nino as highly as Snow does.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:36 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
No way Dallas is getting that much. None of those teams want to cough up those players.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Nemeth
Mo Money Mo Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
No way Dallas is getting that much. None of those teams want to cough up those players.
If Eriksson played for Toronto, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Detroit, ect... he would be worth much more. Fortunately, GM's are not ignorant with this regard.

Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:50 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
If Eriksson played for Toronto, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Detroit, ect... he would be worth much more. Fortunately, GM's are not ignorant with this regard.
He's still not worth Skinner + the #5.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Nemeth
Mo Money Mo Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
He's still not worth Skinner + the #5.
Oh yah, I agree with that.

Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:56 AM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Yeah...The Blues fixed their LHD problem, only to trade a RHD for a winger...Sounds legit.

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote