HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: (6) New York Rangers vs. (3) Washington Capitals

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 03:40 AM
BrandonL

vCash: 500
I bet a few hundred on Washington to win the cup back when the Caps were struggling, I see no reason to abandon ship now.

I haven't been too impressed with the Rangers this season. They are getting a ton of hype in the media about being a "sleeper pick", but there is a reason that this team underachieved all season. I think there is something off with New York, and it starts with their head coach and runs through their dressing room. If the rangers get behind by a couple of games, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Rangers completely implode.

I assume that we are all cheering for Ottawa tomorrow? The Habs getting the #2 seed would be ideal, I think playing them in the 2nd round would be a dream scenario.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:42 AM
Bert Marshall days

Caps should've won last year's playoffs and were the better team. Hope they do it this time.

Old
04-28-2013, 04:09 AM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniscasa View Post
Hey Caps, Jets fan here.

Congrats on winning the division and you will be my bandwagon team for the east this year.

I've watched the rags and caps playoff series these past 3 seasons, and a lot of those games (especially last years') were highly entertaining. Caps caught on fire just in time for the playoffs, so hopefully we(it's ok for now isn't it? lol) can breeze past NYR.

Thank you! Very nice of you to send the good wishes. I hoped the Jets would make the playoffs—they must be kicking themselves because they had their chances. Good luck next year!

Old
04-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Harvey Specter
Lord Stanley and I.

Make no mistake, this the best team (or worst matchup) the Caps could've had. But that's OK. They need to overcome tough challenges to even sniff the Cup. If it's in round one so be it, it's not like the Caps aren't on fire and playing great at the right time. There's no excuses here. I feel like Lundqvist could be made the excuse if they lose, but hopefully they don't let it come to that and beat him enough.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:25 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Disagree. The Caps match up better here than with either the Islanders or Senators. It will be a touch series, but better than those other two, IMO.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:31 AM
EYEuhFRAYtee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterrain View Post
Yup. Remember when sarge tripped over on his back while getting deked and in turn let up a goal in the playoffs a few years ago? Sorry no youtube. Yeah it will be nice too have some grit out there rather that ******.

I'm just going to leave this here...

To be fair Schultz was recovering from mono at the time.

Last edited by EYEuhFRAYtee: 04-28-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old
04-28-2013, 07:51 AM
butters8814*

Caps need to score at least 3 goals a game, and they will win this series. Only way i can see the rags make this a series, is if lunquivst gets hot.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:05 AM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters8814 View Post
Caps need to score at least 3 goals a game, and they will win this series. Only way i can see the rags make this a series, is if lunquivst gets hot.
A huge part of this series will swing on number of PP opportunities. If we get 4-5 per game, we're going to win this series. Our PP is too good right now.

But the Caps have a pretty damn consistent track record of getting very few power plays in big games. It was pretty much low hanging fruit to make the prediction I made before the Jets game last week that we'd have barely any PPs, and they'd have more than us. Turned out we got 1, they got 3. We got 1 in Game 7 vs. the Rags last year. We got 1 in game 7 vs. the Bruins last year, etc.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:47 AM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
the rangers are 7. in shots per game, they are average in gaols per and they have no special teams.

i wound say the rangers have a small advantage in 5on5 play because they have guys who can play offense and be aggressive this time. there is no need for them to collapse and pray for lundquivst.

pp will be key since they suck in both actually they are only average in pk and suck in pp.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:00 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
the rangers are 7. in shots per game, they are average in gaols per and they have no special teams.

i wound say the rangers have a small advantage in 5on5 play because they have guys who can play offense and be aggressive this time. there is no need for them to collapse and pray for lundquivst.

pp will be key since they suck in both actually they are only average in pk and suck in pp.
I agree our PP sucks and our PK is average. In order for the Rangers to win, we must stay out of the Box. Also, Staal has been a great shut down defender on Ovie and he is out. Clowe and Boyle are hurting, which takes away from our physical game. Im not gonna put a number on it but the Caps have to be favored.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:42 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Wow my post actually got deleted? All I said was callahans diving will get on my nerves... It'll be fine though, and funny, if they don't call it

Gotta take advantage of their collapsing D.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:54 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

They're also very confident too...

But that's with them thinking Ovechkin only scores PP goals, Brouwer is just on a hot streak, Holtby isn't good, and Zuccarello is better than Laich, Johansson, and Erat

I think they're in for a rude awakening. We will dominate. Lundqvist might steal a game IMO but I like us in 5.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

While Ovie's resurgence, Oates' scheme, and the additions of Ribeiro and Erat are definite improvements from last year, I think we can all agree that nothing improves our odds this year more than no longer having the Schultz-Wideman third pairing. That's the game changer right there.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:10 AM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

I like that Oates was on the bench for NJD team that beat them last year. I'm hoping he brings some insight from that series.

Our best players are playing well. I like that, too.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:10 AM
OVs Gold Chain*

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
They're also very confident too...

But that's with them thinking Ovechkin only scores PP goals, Brouwer is just on a hot streak, Holtby isn't good, and Zuccarello is better than Laich, Johansson, and Erat

Not having to face OTT or NYI was great, but their (NYR fans) misconceptions about this team are why I'm most excited about this matchup.

Personally I hope Staal tries to force a comeback before he's ready. If he's having any problems with vision, and ends up on the ice with Ovechkin, I like our chances.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:11 AM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
I bet a few hundred on Washington to win the cup back when the Caps were struggling
Nice. What were the odds?

Old
04-28-2013, 11:23 AM
bgroban

Hoping the Caps bring some physicality. I want to see some knock-outs.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:27 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVs Gold Chain View Post
Not having to face OTT or NYI was great, but their (NYR fans) misconceptions about this team are why I'm most excited about this matchup.

Personally I hope Staal tries to force a comeback before he's ready. If he's having any problems with vision, and ends up on the ice with Ovechkin, I like our chances.
Exactly. They either know very little about the caps or are just fooling themselves...

Old
04-28-2013, 11:28 AM
BrooklynCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Staal is practicing fully, seems to be getting used to his vision. I'm hearing rumblings that he'll be ready, but I imagine they stick Mcdonagh on OV while Staal gets back into form.
Will he be wearing a visor, or does he still suffer from a pronounced lack of intelligence?

Old
04-28-2013, 11:29 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

So does Tuesday look like the likely game 1?

Old
04-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Poozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Will he be wearing a visor, or does he still suffer from a pronounced lack of intelligence?
All the Staal brothers are wearing visors now.

Should be a good series, that I imagine will come down to special teams and goaltending. Perhaps this really will develop into a true rivalry what with the new divisions next year.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:10 PM
calicapsfan
NFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
While Ovie's resurgence, Oates' scheme, and the additions of Ribeiro and Erat are definite improvements from last year, I think we can all agree that nothing improves our odds this year more than no longer having the Schultz-Wideman third pairing. That's the game changer right there.
Truth

Old
04-28-2013, 12:16 PM
BrooklynCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Well we haven't seen what Hillen-Oleksy is going to look like over a playoff series, but at a minimum they won't get the minutes that Schultz Wideman somehow got.

Last edited by BrooklynCapsFan: 04-28-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old
04-28-2013, 12:31 PM
calicapsfan
NFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Well we haven't seen what Hillen-Oleksy is going to look like over a playoff series, but at they won't get the minutes that Schultz Wideman somehow got.
And I can't imagine that if they struggle consistently they'll keep their minutes the way Schultz and Wideman somehow did.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

**** Rangers ****.

A little nervous but confident. We are known to have problems at another stage. 1st round? No worries.

Would like to see Johansson scoring some goals actually.

Closed Thread