HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Great or Greatest Dane Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 10:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Stubbs posted a video but the audio doesn't work.
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/m...9ries-1.613734

Old
04-27-2013, 10:54 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Also: 6th on the team in points, 3rd on the team in even strength points (after Pacioretty and Galchenyuk(!))

His ceiling might be as a 3rd liner at best...but he was effectively a second line center this year.

Eller stepping up tonite in a game for real men, showing he has the guts to go out there and play when the going gets rough.

Desharnais on the other hand was invisible out there, Therrien had to cut his ES play to about 10Min, but still gave him 4:38 on the PP. Eller only had 1:06 on the PP.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No, cannot forgive Gauthier for convincing Gainey to bring Gomez here.

Nor for the wasted years that he was GM here. Yes, wasted years.
Your forgiveness is moot because you can't prove that trading for Gomez wasn't Gainey's decision. Did PG acquiesce to including McDonagh in the deal? PG made several mistakes but he planted the seeds that sprouted into one of the best teams in the East and the future is even brighter with the draft picks he bequeathed to Bergevin. Are you waxing too sentimental over his playing career to indict Gainey as the primary culprit for the wasted years?

Old
04-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
"Game isn't won on the weight scale or on paper or in the gym."

What a hero.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

The whole 'Eller line' was flying tonight, Galchenyuk was a bit less visible, but still mostly always in the right place, Gallagher crash the net and is just a pain in the ass around the goalie, and Eller, man, this guy is becoming something special, he's not 'shy' anymore, plays like a 'power center', this is great to see.

PS This is a ******* Eller thread, childish bickerings about the 'old regime' could **** off, twould be nice.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:20 PM
habtastic

His finish on the goal, whether intended or not was diz.gusting.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:23 PM
poetryinmotion

ella ellaaa, cet indéfinitable charme...

Old
04-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Dharvey33

I've loved Eller since day one and knew he would break out one day, now it's just a matter of time before he gets regular pp time and be the 2nd center of the team.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Ok, then prove me wrong. Sure he had a great game last night. I don't say he never has a great game. But most compliment I see here has more to do with hope than with Eller's actual production on the ice.

Yes he's only 23. He plays better than last year, mainly in his level of effort, but it barely translates in effective production.

Yes, he's average defensively, having 1 good game for 1 bad game (I'm not counting PKing where he's great). but since he's only 23, I'm willing to concied he's probably gonna be a good defensive player.

People thinks he plays well because he's flashy and he's good at stickhandling. But watch the games: it doesn't translate because he has poor vision. Heck, Galchenyuk and Prust stopped producing when Eller became their center. Yesterday's game showed how "free" Galchenyuk was not having to wait for a pass that never comes, and he playd his best game in a long time.

Everybody blast my post, but nobody prooved me wrong with facts. Eller is great on the PK, and great at "trying" to do everything himself, but his line never produce. And I don't care about last game -- that makes just one.

When do we see a crisp and precise pass from Eller? 1 or 2 every 5 games?

Paint it in any color you want, he isn't producing. I'm ok to have him on the third line because he's good enough for it and great on the PK. That's about it. Galchenyuk is the futur center of this team, and if Eller doesn't learn to play wings, he's good as gone.

Quote for the lolz.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Great answers. He seems so confident. PLEASE HAVE MY BABIES.

Also, Eller is 48th in the league in ES scoring, might not seem like much... but when you look at who's around him...Perry, Eberle, Vanek, Krejci, Koivu, Stewart, Pominville, Jagr and Kopitar...

Also, take out the two rough stretch he had at the start of the season and he pretty much becomes a 60 point producer.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:42 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
The guy is the real deal.

2-way forward with size, skilled hands, speed and nice personality. He's already a fan favourite (as the avatar thread shows) and I think he can still up his game another level. If he does then our first line center might have just been right in our team without us knowing.

Old
04-28-2013, 01:02 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
I feel like Eller splits his time between having great games and mediocre games. He never plays an okay or awful game. I think that next year, he puts it all together, and gets 60 points. At least.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Yozzy

Future 'A' for this guy?

Old
04-28-2013, 03:17 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

No need for . Eller on laffs commenting about size before game:
Quote:
"The game is not played on the weight scale. It's not a number on a piece of paper. It's not won in the gym either. It's won on the ice. Whoever wants it more, gets it. So today we want it more and we got it."
If that's not the best line of the season....

Old
04-28-2013, 03:49 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Carry us to the cup Lars.

Old
04-28-2013, 05:14 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Eller stepping up tonite in a game for real men, showing he has the guts to go out there and play when the going gets rough.

Desharnais on the other hand was invisible out there, Therrien had to cut his ES play to about 10Min, but still gave him 4:38 on the PP. Eller only had 1:06 on the PP.
as long as we rid ourselves of DD this summer Eller will flourish as a top 6

thats his place in our lineup , DD is taking up valuable time on PP and he has played like crap in that role

calgary and Nashville is wherehe belongs

Old
04-28-2013, 05:28 AM
PricePkPatch

Breakout season for Eller!!!

Old
04-28-2013, 05:42 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Galchenyuk-Eller is going to be a very good 1-2 punch down the middle in two years. Hopefully DD can be moved to wing or out of the organization, we'd be better served with Bournival/UFA two way guy in a couple years on the third line. Eller provides everything DD does offensively and more while being significantly better at everything outside of the offensive zone. Not to say throw away our depth but it would be a crime if DD was ahead of Eller in the lineup going into next season.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:15 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So GMs should never get credit essentially, since the teams that win are usually composed of drafted players. So Chiarelli gets no credit in Boston, Shero doesn't get credit in Pittsburgh etc etc.

The lengths people go to to not give Gauthier any credit is sad.
Did you not read Watsatheo's post? He did give Gauthier credit. He just isn't drinking the cool aide that's being passed around.

The lengths people go to give Gauthier any credit is sad.

If you and other Habs fans think that Gauthier is responsible for 80% of this team, then I guess you guys would relish the thought of having him back.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Draft

Size + Offensive ability + Two-way play + Effort + Chemistry (Galchenyuk)

for

Offensive ability + Effort + Chemistry (Pacioretty)

Seems like an unbalanced proposal, even for HF.

Somebody get Eller on the 2nd line. Could be that Big Top-6 centre we've been looking for all these long years.....

Old
04-28-2013, 06:32 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
You can say that for any GM that has been here over Timmins' tenure. The fact of the matter is that the GM gets credit for the job well done of ALL their employees, which includes the scouting and drafting. Just like Bergevin will get props in the future if the team drafts well under Timmins.
This post is wrong on so many dimensional levels I feel like I'm in a bad sci-fi novel.

Every GM's record can be picked apart and shown to have made individual moves that were pretty decent. Think Milbury with the Islanders and Howsen with Columbus. You gonna tell me those two were good GMs.

So what differentiates a good GM (Pollock) from a lousy one (Gauthier).

Results.

And once you look past that you can see what led to those results. GMs like Bergevin have a vision of the team they want and they know how to get there. Gauthier had no vision & no clue how to get anywhere past the men's room at the Bell. First he went the smurf route and then tried to make a half-a$$ed attempt to bulk up the team.

Here's one simple example of what I mean. And I can give you a dozen more but I haven't got the time.

When Gauthier was here there was not one effing person in charge of player development....not one. Oh sorry, that's right the head scout, Timmins, did it during every blue moon Monday after his lunch break.

Bergevin put two or is it three into that position.

You see the difference. If you did you would realize how ridiculous it is to claim this is 80% Gauthier's when in reality he simply came away from a trade or two without being fleeced and had one or two signings that did not blow up in his face.

P.S. I put Gainey in the same category as Gauthier. No vision and no clue how to get anywhere.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:42 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
The whole 'Eller line' was flying tonight, Galchenyuk was a bit less visible, but still mostly always in the right place, Gallagher crash the net and is just a pain in the ass around the goalie, and Eller, man, this guy is becoming something special, he's not 'shy' anymore, plays like a 'power center', this is great to see.

PS This is a ******* Eller thread, childish bickerings about the 'old regime' could **** off, twould be nice.
Last night Eller was the best player on the ice. He was a monster. a beast, a titan, a giant among pigmies, a T-Rex.

If he plays like that most nights Eller will not lead the league in points but he will be placed in the Datsuyk class of player: top two or three two way centre year after year. As Armstrong would say: he's a beaut!

Old
04-28-2013, 06:47 AM
yianik

Hands down I like Larry the Viking, and I take him over DD, but DD does show better vision and stickhandling abilities than Eller, and I think that's why he gets the PP time. Doesn't hurt to try Eller on the halfboards, I mean Patches gets played there and he shouldn't, but don't know how hed do.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Hands down I like Larry the Viking, and I take him over DD, but DD does show better vision and stickhandling abilities than Eller, and I think that's why he gets the PP time. Doesn't hurt to try Eller on the halfboards, I mean Patches gets played there and he shouldn't, but don't know how hed do.
Not even close..

Old
04-28-2013, 06:52 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Not even close..
You read what I said about Eller? Well DD puts Eller in his back pocket when it comes to vision. DD has elite vision. Eller doesn't. Unfortunately, right now DD doesn't have his vision or anything else going for him.

Closed Thread