HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Great or Greatest Dane Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
You read what I said about Eller? Well DD puts Eller in his back pocket when it comes to vision. DD has elite vision. Eller doesn't. Unfortunately, right now DD doesn't have his vision or anything else going for him.
Notice vision isn't bolded. Eller is thirty or forty times better than DD with the puck. I don't think there's anyone save for Galchenyuk on our team with better stickhandling than Eller.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:57 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
The kid has to get more TOI.....he has really been playing well...

Pleks and Eller should be 1-2 and DD # 3 no question about it...

Old
04-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Justinov

Officially Lars Eller took over the crown from Frans Nielsen as the most point producing Dane in the regular season. Frans Nielsen have had the crown since his debut in 2006-07. Lars Eller's 3 point finish made him reach 30 points and just overtook Frans Nielsen's 29 points.

No longer crown-prince he is officially HockeyKing of Denmark! - and with only 14.49 min average playing time! That is only 6'th of the 8 danish players.

Most danish goals: Jannik Hansen 10 (Eller 8)
Most danish assists: Frans Nielsen 23 (Eller 22)
Most danish points: Lars Eller 30
Best statistics: Jannik Hansen +12 (Eller +8)
Most danish penalties: Lars Eller 45 min ("lucky" for him Oliver Lauridsen only played 15 games and already 34 min). So he is offically the most badass as well!

Old
04-28-2013, 07:23 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Notice vision isn't bolded. Eller is thirty or forty times better than DD with the puck. I don't think there's anyone save for Galchenyuk on our team with better stickhandling than Eller.
Sorry, my bad.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:26 AM
samsquanch9*

What is Eller's ceiling?

Old
04-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
What is Eller's ceiling?
Physical Plekanec.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Justinov

So if you in Montreal are really hooked on more Eller, then go draft his little brother Mads here in 2013!
He has good size (1.84, 85 kg as 17) and are a good defensive center. He is not so offensively skilled as Lars, but could very well become another solid danish 3'rd liner!
He is an "old article" from dec 2011 about him!
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ard-potential/

Old
04-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So if you in Montreal are really hooked on more Eller, then go draft his little brother Mads here in 2013!
He has good size (1.84, 85 kg as 17) and are a good defensive center. He is not so offensively skilled as Lars, but could very well become another solid danish 3'rd liner!
He is an "old article" from dec 2011 about him!
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ard-potential/
We have so many picks in the top 90 that I see no reason why we couldn't take Mads with our 7th rounder. It would motivate Lars even further and you never know how Mads would develop if he trains with his brother in the off-seasons. It's more realistic he never gets drafted and gets a tryout with us in two years, but it would be nice to give him some confidence by drafting him.

Plus then we can say you Mads.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Officially Lars Eller took over the crown from Frans Nielsen as the most point producing Dane in the regular season. Frans Nielsen have had the crown since his debut in 2006-07. Lars Eller's 3 point finish made him reach 30 points and just overtook Frans Nielsen's 29 points.

No longer crown-prince he is officially HockeyKing of Denmark! - and with only 14.49 min average playing time! That is only 6'th of the 8 danish players.

Most danish goals: Jannik Hansen 10 (Eller 8)
Most danish assists: Frans Nielsen 23 (Eller 22)
Most danish points: Lars Eller 30
Best statistics: Jannik Hansen +12 (Eller +8)
Most danish penalties: Lars Eller 45 min ("lucky" for him Oliver Lauridsen only played 15 games and already 34 min). So he is offically the most badass as well!
He also finished 1st in hits.
2nd in blocked shots and 1st in faceoff percentage.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
We have so many picks in the top 90 that I see no reason why we couldn't take Mads with our 7th rounder. It would motivate Lars even further and you never know how Mads would develop if he trains with his brother in the off-seasons. It's more realistic he never gets drafted and gets a tryout with us in two years, but it would be nice to give him some confidence by drafting him.

Plus then we can say you Mads.
Exactly. A 7'th round pick is there for a gamble, and bringing Mads and Lars together would in all likelihood be great for both of them

Last edited by Justinov: 04-28-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old
04-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He also finished 1st in hits.
2nd in blocked shots and 1st in faceoff percentage.
Better than Jannik Hansen

Old
04-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
If you and other Habs fans think that Gauthier is responsible for 80% of this team, then I guess you guys would relish the thought of having him back.
Huh, I wouldn't take Gauthier back in a second, the way he ran the organization was an absolute joke with the refusal to surround himself with quality people and total secrecy, but the bottom line is that this is 75-80% of the team he was envisioning. Not sure why it's so hard to accept that when the only legit ''Bergevin changes'' to our healthy lineup are Prust, Bouillon, Ryder and Galchenyuk.

Back to Eller, when is Pierre McGuire going to have it thrown into his arrogant face that he was completely wrong about Eller? Or is Melnick too scared to do it?

Old
04-28-2013, 08:57 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Back to Eller, when is Pierre McGuire going to have it thrown into his arrogant face that he was completely wrong about Eller? Or is Melnick too scared to do it?
When Eller puts up a 50pt season and is given 2nd line centre minutes he'll be beyond reproach. Until then Pierre won't admit anything.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:59 AM
pine

Eller > DD

Old
04-28-2013, 09:07 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Eller > DD
DD will be spending four years on the wing.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Habitant by heart

Quote:
Exactly. A 7'th round pick is there for a gamble, and bringing Mads and Lars together would in all likelihood be great for both of them
As much as I'd like it to happen, the Kostistyn bonanza by the media really left a sour taste to my mouth. I know they are different players, but still.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:30 AM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant by heart View Post
As much as I'd like it to happen, the Kostistyn bonanza by the media really left a sour taste to my mouth. I know they are different players, but still.
As far as we know, at least little bro Mads doesn't do coke...

Old
04-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Draft

Quote:
The Kostitsyns both played a skill game, Mads and Lars are very different in terms of playing style. Mads can play a rough, pwf game with lots of grit. Lars plays a highly skilled game with not as much running around and agitating. Mads is a little smaller but if he develops the right way he could be a good 3rd/4th liner.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
The Kostitsyns both played a skill game, Mads and Lars are very different in terms of playing style. Mads can play a rough, pwf game with lots of grit. Lars plays a highly skilled game with not as much running around and agitating. Mads is a little smaller but if he develops the right way he could be a good 3rd/4th liner.
So it could be worth a 7'th round pick. At least it could help that it's become known that the danish forwards generally all show very good defensive abilities.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Draft

Quote:
So it could be worth a 7'th round pick. At least it could help that it's become known that the danish forwards generally all show very good defensive abilities.
Exactly, not expecting Mads to become Lars 2.0 will be a good thing. At the very least you know the family and you've got a good scout on him from his brother. I'd be happy with picking him in the 6th or 7th round. Players picked there are generally a crapshoot anyways, might as well.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:42 AM
bdawg1989*

Here's what I would do going into the playoffs :
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Bourque
Gallagher-Eller-Galchenyuk
Ryder-DD-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Diaz
Bouillon-Tinordi

Old
04-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Look at it this way. S.Kostitsyn was a hell of a 7th round pick. L.Eller is a much different person than the Kostitsyn and if Mads is a 3rd of the player SK has shown he can be then it would be a great pick. If the concern has to do with Mads being in the NHL, then its not a concern.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Odelein24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Huh, I wouldn't take Gauthier back in a second, the way he ran the organization was an absolute joke with the refusal to surround himself with quality people and total secrecy, but the bottom line is that this is 75-80% of the team he was envisioning. Not sure why it's so hard to accept that when the only legit ''Bergevin changes'' to our healthy lineup are Prust, Bouillon, Ryder and Galchenyuk.

I'm looking forward to 5:05pm Monday afternoon too

Old
04-28-2013, 11:59 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
I'm looking forward to 5:05pm Monday afternoon too
Is it a call in show? Someone should ask PM what he thinks now?

Old
04-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
What is Eller's ceiling?
It's been 3 seasons that I'm saying a 70 pts two-way center that play in the traffic and hits, I think he will settle for something like Bergeron.

Closed Thread