HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willhockey View Post
I would like a big defenseman like Samuel Morin for the next draft
I think someone like Eric Roy would partner well with Subban, which is one of the reasons I've one of the reasons I've been pumping his tires this year. He's 6'3" or 6'4" and will hopefully fill out to 225 lbs or so, so he should be big enough for the Habs.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:11 AM
bud12

Quote:
I wonder if this is sarcastic but we have already Subban and Beaulieu as OFD. We can trade of them (Dietz and Thrower) easily. We need to get bigger on defense.
You don't trade Thrower when you're in need of toughness.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:55 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
You don't trade Thrower when you're in need of toughness.
I agree. Don't trade Dietz or Thrower. Dietz has decent size, is physical and while he doesn't fight very much (this year anyways) he's a decent scrapper, while Thrower is a little undersized, but can definitely fight and is physical. We need these types of defencemen.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I agree. Don't trade Dietz or Thrower. Dietz has decent size, is physical and while he doesn't fight very much (this year anyways) he's a decent scrapper, while Thrower is a little undersized, but can definitely fight and is physical. We need these types of defencemen.
Another reason not to trade Dalton, I was re reading last years draft write-ups and a couple had Thrower going to the Bruins,saying he is a Boston style player

Old
04-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

How about those reports of Collberg NOT wanting to go back in Sweden and wish to sign here? How great is that if it happens really. Don't care if his junior coach comes in the pros, he will now have the same pressure to play the vets than the old one even if he loves Collberg more. Collberg's place is in the AHL. Wouldn't be bad if he goes back.....but somehow would love to see him here. Playing time will be way bigger here.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
How about those reports of Collberg NOT wanting to go back in Sweden and wish to sign here? How great is that if it happens really. Don't care if his junior coach comes in the pros, he will now have the same pressure to play the vets than the old one even if he loves Collberg more. Collberg's place is in the AHL. Wouldn't be bad if he goes back.....but somehow would love to see him here. Playing time will be way bigger here.
That's pretty darn exciting news. Where are these reports?

Old
04-25-2013, 12:13 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Well, this morning he wrote something in Swedish with the word "Hamilton" on twitter. I guess it was that :p I have no idea what he said, though.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Well, this morning he wrote something in Swedish with the word "Hamilton" on twitter. I guess it was that :p I have no idea what he said, though.
Fun adventures in Hamilton, but good to be home in Sweden again!

That's what his twitter account said

Hope that's not where the rumours are from.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
http://www.habsfuture.com/2013/04/se...-contract.html

Seems a bit vague.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:31 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Fun adventures in Hamilton, but good to be home in Sweden again!

That's what his twitter account said

Hope that's not where the rumours are from.
Hahahah, I wasn't far off

Old
04-26-2013, 12:51 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Collberg was basically saying "if the Habs think he's ready,he's just sitting waiting for his childhood dream to come to fruition" he hopes he showed enough in Hamilton to stay.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Collberg was basically saying "if the Habs think he's ready,he's just sitting waiting for his childhood dream to come to fruition" he hopes he showed enough in Hamilton to stay.
If he were to play in Hamilton next year I would be so pumped. He's been handled horribly in Sweden and I'm not sure if it will be much better next year. Though I suppose Hamilton hasn't been much better for developing prospects this year.

If I were to have my way, Collberg, Nygren and a new coach would all be in Hamilton next year.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:24 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I think someone like Eric Roy would partner well with Subban, which is one of the reasons I've one of the reasons I've been pumping his tires this year. He's 6'3" or 6'4" and will hopefully fill out to 225 lbs or so, so he should be big enough for the Habs.
It would be four years (if ever) before someone like Roy is ready to play on a first pairing... you gotta think through your time lines a little more

Old
04-27-2013, 11:38 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
I wonder if this is sarcastic but we have already Subban and Beaulieu as OFD. We can trade of them (Dietz and Thrower) easily. We need to get bigger on defense.
Why trade a prize prospect like Deitz? This reminds me of letting Beauchemin go. It would be nice if the Habs had a few more like Deitz.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Why trade a prize prospect like Deitz? This reminds me of letting Beauchemin go. It would be nice if the Habs had a few more like Deitz.
This. Plus, it bothers me to see people tag Dietz as an offensive D. I'd describe him as an all round defenseman, a bit like Kevin Bieksa. He'll probably produce a bit a be able to play on the second PP unit but I don't think he'll be a guy that is taking a lot of chances to push it offensively.

Also, he's not a push-over. Apart from Tinordi, Dietz and Thrower are probably our two most physical D prospects so if you're trying to toughen the team through trade, they shouldn't be the ones on the way out.

Last edited by Guilliam: 04-27-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old
04-27-2013, 04:27 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
This. Plus, it bothers me to see people tag Dietz as an offensive D. I'd describe him as an all round defenseman, a bit like Kevin Bieksa. He'll probably produce a bit a be able to play on the second PP unit but I don't think he'll be a guy that is taking a lot of chances to push it offensively.

Also, he's not a push-over. Apart from Tinordi, Dietz and Thrower are probably our two most physical D prospects so if you're trying to toughen the team through trade, they shouldn't be the ones on the way out.
You could probably add Didier to the list of physical prospects but he is likely still a longshot at this point.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
You could probably add Didier to the list of physical prospects but he is likely still a longshot at this point.
True. Forgot about him.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:56 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Brisebois said he and Dietz were his favourite prospects

Old
04-27-2013, 11:45 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Didier looks like a tank on skate.

Old
04-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Et le But

It's probably a good thing Didier is forgotten as much as he is because he is a long shot, but he's definitely one worth following.

We certainly have a lot of high risk, high reward defensive prospects.

Quote:
No amount of ice time will help him if the Dogs have an atrocious offence again.. As much as I'm a Collberg fan he's not the type of guy who generates possession on even strength, he needs to play with a good center.

And will he really get ice time here? I don't see the Bulldogs as good for him, not only because of Lefebvre but also because he plays the same position as the older North American boy Kristo. If Collberg is going to be playing on the third line he'd almost be better off doing so for Frolunda.

But if the organization has plans for him here, then yes, I'd like to see him with his future teammates as soon as possible. It's a good idea not to kill our relationship with Frolunda though since they tend to produce a lot of Swedish prospects.

Last edited by Et le But: 04-28-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old
04-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Collberg is probably better off playing in the SEL next year, Hamilton already has a young team, let him play another year SEL then a year AHL and he should be in the mix for the Habs in 15-16.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

One thing that has been surprising is that we have room to sign 4-5 NCAA and CHL FA's and have not signed any yet. A guy like Fournier of Halifax would be a good fit, maybe an NCAA FA goalie.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Collberg is probably better off playing in the SEL next year, Hamilton already has a young team, let him play another year SEL then a year AHL and he should be in the mix for the Habs in 15-16.
Better off PLAYING in the SEL if he ends up PLAYING. Personnally, don't really buy the "but his junior coach will now coach him" stuff as this coach will also have to win and have the vets on his side. Collberg might the advantage of that coach knowing him more but if he has a rocky start, he will again visit the bench. I want a place where he'll play. If it's in the SEL, well so be it. If not, well Hamilton it is. And it is a young team because our organization wants it to be. You could easily make it less young, send a few prospect in the ECHL, and hire the appropriate vets. If they're intelligent this time around, that's what they'll do. If Hamilton is REALLY a farm team for the NHL team, you have no need in having guys like Corbin, Ross, Stortini, Hagel, Lefebvre, Fortier, Chaput, DeSantis and maybe even Nokelainen. Then you might send guys like Quailer and Stejskal in the ECHL. It leaves PLENTY of room for some good AHL vets possible callups for the NHL but mostly good teaches for the kids.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Frölunda have cleaned out the team of a lot of veterans and are going to have a very young team next year. Collberg is going to get plenty of opportunity to earn ice time, not just because Rönnberg is behind the bench.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:13 AM
HCH

Quote:
Better off PLAYING in the SEL if he ends up PLAYING. Personnally, don't really buy the "but his junior coach will now coach him" stuff as this coach will also have to win and have the vets on his side. Collberg might the advantage of that coach knowing him more but if he has a rocky start, he will again visit the bench. I want a place where he'll play. If it's in the SEL, well so be it. If not, well Hamilton it is. And it is a young team because our organization wants it to be. You could easily make it less young, send a few prospect in the ECHL, and hire the appropriate vets. If they're intelligent this time around, that's what they'll do. If Hamilton is REALLY a farm team for the NHL team, you have no need in having guys like Corbin, Ross, Stortini, Hagel, Lefebvre, Fortier, Chaput, DeSantis and maybe even Nokelainen. Then you might send guys like Quailer and Stejskal in the ECHL. It leaves PLENTY of room for some good AHL vets possible callups for the NHL but mostly good teaches for the kids.
I tend to agree but you're throwing Corbin under the bus at a pretty young age. He still hasn't seen his 21st birthday, has good size and must have shown enough to warrant a contract in the first place. Should we not give him one more year?

Closed Thread