HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Season Columbus Blue Jacket Team Appreciation Thread!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-28-2013, 08:08 AM
  #1
anteater90
Registered User
 
anteater90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hilliard
Country: United States
Posts: 1,773
vCash: 500
2013 Season Columbus Blue Jacket Team Appreciation Thread!!

I am so proud of this team this year. I have been going to NHL games since the 1970's and I can't ever remember being this proud of a team. For the first time since their inception I see long term hope.

Thank you Veteran's for providing leadership and cohesion.

Thank you Youngster's for finally letting us point to our young ones and going see who we have.

Next year will not be here soon enough.

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:18 AM
  #2
CBJwheel
Registered User
 
CBJwheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Findlay
Country: United States
Posts: 2,586
vCash: 500
I am disappointed. Disappointed in the outcome. Not disappointed in the team at all.

I don't think I had ever been so excited about hockey. I feel bad for the boys being just on the outside looking in. I hope they don't take it too hard and learn from it.

October can't come soon enough.

Thank you Blue Jackets!! You've made the last two months very exciting. Next season, the battle moves East!

CBJwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:38 AM
  #3
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
I would have loved to see this team in the playoffs, we were one of the hottest teams in the second half of the season. I'm sad we didn't get the opportunity I think we could have actually won a series or two. With that said I could not be prouder of this team, for once in a long time we weren't the laughingstock of the league.

I also have high hopes next year. We have a great base and a stellar net minder. If we can add a couple wingers this team should be able to pick up where it left off next year.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:18 AM
  #4
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
I would have loved to see this team in the playoffs, we were one of the hottest teams in the second half of the season. I'm sad we didn't get the opportunity I think we could have actually won a series or two. With that said I could not be prouder of this team, for once in a long time we weren't the laughingstock of the league.

I also have high hopes next year. We have a great base and a stellar net minder. If we can add a couple wingers this team should be able to pick up where it left off next year.
I stated this in another thread too, but it is worth of repeating: After Kekäläinen took over CBJ played the rest of the season with a record that would have won President's Trophy in 2011-12. A team in that kind of form has to be taken seriusly in playoffs too.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:25 AM
  #5
Sentinel
Registered User
 
Sentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Guys, congratulations on a terrific run. You have really pushed for it, and I really wanted you to make it, and not those underachieving Minnesota Millionaires. You have all the ingredients to make a splash next year. Good luck!

Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:27 AM
  #6
GoJackets1
Someday.
 
GoJackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,474
vCash: 500
19-5-5 run to end the season
Full year of Gabby
Development of Cam, Joey, Calvert, Erixon, and Prout
Emergence of Letestu
New, Winning culture created by Jarmo and JD, with the help of Vinny, Jack, and all of the Rangers acquisitions.
The correct decision in retaining Todd Richards.
Ryan Murray.
Boone Jenner.
3 first round picks.
The trades that are sure to occur to give the Jackets even more scoring threats.
The fact that now, free agents may actually be willing to come play here.
The great priced extensions that 3 players have signed so far, which bodes well for the next 2..
But most of all, the emergence of Bob.

There are a lot of reasons to be excited for next year, and many years to come. Thank you Jackets for making me believe again.

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:33 AM
  #7
plong123
Litebrite Stinger
 
plong123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Stretchrunston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Thank you, 2013 CBJ. You are my favorite hockey team ever.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:35 AM
  #8
gocbj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
It was a good run for sure - -

4-10-2 in the first 16
9-3-4 in the middle 16
11-4-1 to end it

Wake me up when September ends...

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  #9
BlueJacket2
Registered User
 
BlueJacket2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
19-5-5 run to end the season
Full year of Gabby
Development of Cam, Joey, Calvert, Erixon, and Prout
Emergence of Letestu
New, Winning culture created by Jarmo and JD, with the help of Vinny, Jack, and all of the Rangers acquisitions.
The correct decision in retaining Todd Richards.
Ryan Murray.
Boone Jenner.
3 first round picks.
The trades that are sure to occur to give the Jackets even more scoring threats.
The fact that now, free agents may actually be willing to come play here.
The great priced extensions that 3 players have signed so far, which bodes well for the next 2..
But most of all, the emergence of Bob.

There are a lot of reasons to be excited for next year, and many years to come. Thank you Jackets for making me believe again.

Thank you for making me feel a little better.

BlueJacket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:59 AM
  #10
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
19-5-5 run to end the season
Full year of Gabby
Development of Cam, Joey, Calvert, Erixon, and Prout
Emergence of Letestu
New, Winning culture created by Jarmo and JD, with the help of Vinny, Jack, and all of the Rangers acquisitions.
The correct decision in retaining Todd Richards.
Ryan Murray.
Boone Jenner.
3 first round picks.
The trades that are sure to occur to give the Jackets even more scoring threats.
The fact that now, free agents may actually be willing to come play here.
The great priced extensions that 3 players have signed so far, which bodes well for the next 2..
But most of all, the emergence of Bob.

There are a lot of reasons to be excited for next year, and many years to come. Thank you Jackets for making me believe again.
You nailed it. This team has a lot of promise, and as bittersweet as the season is, I think it could be a good thing that we missed the post-season by such a narrow margin. For all intents and purposes, we're gonna have the same team next year, with the same leadership group and hopefully the same coaching staff. We're gonna be hungry next year. We're gonna want to prove to the league that this wasn't a fluke.

I can't wait for it to come.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:12 AM
  #11
Speedy Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
What the Jackets' 2013 season did for me is make me legitimately excited for next season. Can't say I've felt that way since 2000-2001. I had an inkling that the 2008-2009 season was a bit of a farce - I don't think this past one was.

The youngsters like Atkinson, Calvert, Johansen and Prout didn't crack at all down the stretch which says something about them. Dubinsky, Johnson, Vinny and Umby all provided solid leadership. I was really impressed with the skill of Foligno and Anisimov. Obviously Bob was amazing, and I tend to think he won't have a Mason-like encore because he works so darn hard. Gaborik is still a bit of a question, but it wasn't like he was terrible for us.

I'm hoping that in 10 years we look back at 2013 as the season the Jackets became legit and Columbus started to become a hockey town.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:18 AM
  #12
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 940
I enjoyed this shortened season beyond any year outside the playoff year.

The CBJ were 12-3-4 on games I attended in 2013. ( I also got to attend 14 Ft Wayne Komets games due to the lockout) I traveled 4908 miles to watch the Blue Jackets play in 2013.

My favorite moments from games I attended ...
#1 - The 3rd period last night.
#2 - The opening night win in Nashville.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:23 AM
  #13
ikeman79
Registered User
 
ikeman79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
Hi, Blues fan here. I am happy for you guys. I'm sorry you missed the playoffs, I think you guys could have made some noise this year. I just wanted to say you guys are headed in the right direction and your management will take you in the right direction.

Jarmo drafted almost all of our core players, he was was excellent and I was sad when he went. He wanted to be a GM so I am happy for him and you guys, because I know he will do you a great job.

JD is awesome also, if it weren't for those two the Blues would still be swimming in a sea of lousy.

I wish you guys the best in the East, I will miss the rivalry, playing you guys was always fun. Atleast with you guys getting really good, your one less thing in our division to worry about. Unless we meet in cup finals! Which would be pretty nice!!

So as your former rival fan, I commend you on a great season and want you to know, you guys are really headed in a great direction. I wish you the best in the East and hope bright days are ahead for you guys, you deserve it. I think its coming.

Have a great off season, I hope Jarmo and JD work some more of their magic to help your roster even more.

Sincerely,
Your former Central Division fan,
Ikeman79

ikeman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:29 AM
  #14
ikeman79
Registered User
 
ikeman79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Guys, congratulations on a terrific run. You have really pushed for it, and I really wanted you to make it, and not those underachieving Minnesota Millionaires. You have all the ingredients to make a splash next year. Good luck!
Yep, same thing I thought. I'm a Blues fan and was bummed Minnesota and Detroit made it over Columbus. I was rooting for the Jackets because of how awesome it was coming together for them this year and especially since acquiring Gamborik.

Sad that a team that spent a bazillion dollars got in over a true team play team. Oh well I figure Minnesota is going to get trounced anyways. After watching what Edmonton did to them at home, I can only imaging what the Hawks will do to them in Chicago. Aww well, two of the guys there can pay for every ones golf this summer lol.

Sorry Jackets, no worries as I said again. Your day is coming and its looking pretty good so far. You will be happy when the cap goes down and your management didn't tie up the whole thing on two guys. Team play is way better. Have a great day, brighter days are ahead.

ikeman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:36 AM
  #15
slacketbacker
Registered User
 
slacketbacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Absolutely Fantastic Season. I loved every minute, even when we were losing you could see improvement in how we played as they adapted to a new system, new team and new leadership.

I had tears in my eyes when Jack's goal went in last night. Cam's empty net followed by the joy expressed by the team and the fans in the arena was simply moving. Yesterday was like Christmas for me. I have waited for a game like that - with all of you - for years.

It was so loud in the arena last night that my ears rang until early this morning!

I simply love what we have going in Columbus. I can't wait for next year. We would have won games in the playoffs - no question about that. Chicago and Anaheim are lucky they don't have to think about us in the first round.

Thank you Columbus Blue Jackets!

slacketbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:38 AM
  #16
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 15,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
19-5-5 run to end the season
Full year of Gabby
Development of Cam, Joey, Calvert, Erixon, and Prout
Emergence of Letestu
New, Winning culture created by Jarmo and JD, with the help of Vinny, Jack, and all of the Rangers acquisitions.
The correct decision in retaining Todd Richards.
Ryan Murray.
Boone Jenner.
3 first round picks.
The trades that are sure to occur to give the Jackets even more scoring threats.
The fact that now, free agents may actually be willing to come play here.
The great priced extensions that 3 players have signed so far, which bodes well for the next 2..
But most of all, the emergence of Bob.

There are a lot of reasons to be excited for next year, and many years to come. Thank you Jackets for making me believe again.
couldn't say it any better...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:38 AM
  #17
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,980
vCash: 500
The keyword for this season was "vindication".

Coming into this year, we heard the following:
- Jack Johnson and James Wisniewski were poor defensemen
- Sergei Bobrovsky couldn't be counted on to be a #1 goalie
- Anisimov, Dubinsky, and Erixon couldn't come close to replacing Rick Nash
- The youngsters (Atkinson, Calvert, Prout) wouldn't crack the roster of better teams
- The team had no heart, no skill, and no grit
- Todd Richards couldn't coach
- A full-scale rebuild was necessary
- I won't say it, but you know what I'm thinking
- There was no fan base, and no one outside of a handful cared about hockey in Columbus

In the span of three months, every single one of those was pretty decisively laid to rest. And not just here among us, but around the league. That's a hell of an achievement in a very short period of time.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:49 AM
  #18
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,232
vCash: 500
I am very proud of this team and the way they played. They play hard and as a TEAM. We have changed our culture and set a precedence for how you have to play if you join our team. That is huge and the best thing that came from this season.

I would have loved for us to make the playoffs, and I think we could have done good, but not making it might be better for this team. I know we aren't likely to win the draft lottery, but we still need to get the highest pick possible this year. Next year is the year we should make the playoffs and start a tradition of making it more often than not.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:50 AM
  #19
Nanabijou
Drop the puck
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
The keyword for this season was "vindication".

Coming into this year, we heard the following:
- Jack Johnson and James Wisniewski were poor defensemen
- Sergei Bobrovsky couldn't be counted on to be a #1 goalie
- Anisimov, Dubinsky, and Erixon couldn't come close to replacing Rick Nash
- The youngsters (Atkinson, Calvert, Prout) wouldn't crack the roster of better teams
- The team had no heart, no skill, and no grit
- Todd Richards couldn't coach
- A full-scale rebuild was necessary
- I won't say it, but you know what I'm thinking
- There was no fan base, and no one outside of a handful cared about hockey in Columbus

In the span of three months, every single one of those was pretty decisively laid to rest. And not just here among us, but around the league. That's a hell of an achievement in a very short period of time.
Agreed 100%.

The key is for the players to not rest on their laurels and come ready to pick up where they left off next year.

Remember 2009-10? At training camp, the T-shirts the players had made up said 'On the rise' and everyone seemed to assume that the team would build on their brief playoff run. Instead there were rumors of players showing up out of shape (Commie, Mason, Jake), and the key leaders were missing that could have maybe helped to right the ship (Peca, Manny). The team spiraled into 3 years of the darkest period in this franchise's history.

I don't think the players on this team will fall prey to the mentality that afflicted the 2009-2010 team. But, they should learn from the brief history of this club and realize that nothing should be taken for granted.

Maybe missing the playoffs will end up being a blessing in disguise to keep this team hungry, as others here have suggested.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:50 AM
  #20
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slacketbacker View Post
Absolutely Fantastic Season. I loved every minute, even when we were losing you could see improvement in how we played as they adapted to a new system, new team and new leadership.

I had tears in my eyes when Jack's goal went in last night. Cam's empty net followed by the joy expressed by the team and the fans in the arena was simply moving. Yesterday was like Christmas for me. I have waited for a game like that - with all of you - for years.

It was so loud in the arena last night that my ears rang until early this morning!

I simply love what we have going in Columbus. I can't wait for next year. We would have won games in the playoffs - no question about that. Chicago and Anaheim are lucky they don't have to think about us in the first round.

Thank you Columbus Blue Jackets!
Well said! I thought Cam was going to go right into the net with the puck on that open netter! Needless to say, he wouldn't even have had to bend down. The play he made behind the net before, I think, JJ's goal was spectacular - he must have changed directions a half-dozen times! The defender looked dizzy trying to keep up. Just one of the young guys who we learned to appreciate, this season, and from whom we will expect so much next year!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:53 AM
  #21
committedindian86
Flip The Switch
 
committedindian86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,038
vCash: 500
Was pulling for you guys to make it, even though you'd be a tougher first round opponent. Congrats on an exciting season. You'll be in contention next year for sure.

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:54 AM
  #22
Speedy Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
The keyword for this season was "vindication".

Coming into this year, we heard the following:
- Jack Johnson and James Wisniewski were poor defensemen
- Sergei Bobrovsky couldn't be counted on to be a #1 goalie
- Anisimov, Dubinsky, and Erixon couldn't come close to replacing Rick Nash
- The youngsters (Atkinson, Calvert, Prout) wouldn't crack the roster of better teams
- The team had no heart, no skill, and no grit
- Todd Richards couldn't coach
- A full-scale rebuild was necessary
- I won't say it, but you know what I'm thinking
- There was no fan base, and no one outside of a handful cared about hockey in Columbus

In the span of three months, every single one of those was pretty decisively laid to rest. And not just here among us, but around the league. That's a hell of an achievement in a very short period of time.
Haven't seen many, if any, posts on the mains recently about Columbus' legitimacy as an NHL town going forward. I think people saw that given a legitimate product to watch, Columbus fans rank pretty high in passion for their team.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:02 PM
  #23
22FUTON9
Registered User
 
22FUTON9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Congrats coming from an avs fan! the future is bright for your team!

I really hope if the avs aren't winning the lottery, that the bj win it.

Bob should win the Vezina, no question and he should also win the hart

22FUTON9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:14 PM
  #24
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Well said! I thought Cam was going to go right into the net with the puck on that open netter! Needless to say, he wouldn't even have had to bend down. The play he made behind the net before, I think, JJ's goal was spectacular - he must have changed directions a half-dozen times! The defender looked dizzy trying to keep up. Just one of the young guys who we learned to appreciate, this season, and from whom we will expect so much next year!
Yep, that was a great play. He finally came out and left it for Jack as he came in, IIRC.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:22 PM
  #25
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!
 
gojacketsgo61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
Great season. If we just had a bounce or two go our way, we would be in the playoffs. This was a team that was supposed to be a bottom feeder (And was for the first bit). Thankfully, there was a change in attitude and our players started playing. I guarantee if the season was longer we would have made it. The start killed us unfortunately.

However, with a young core (That should only get better with time), an emerging goalie as well as a few vets, this team will be exciting for the next while for sure. For the very first time I can actually say I just want next year to start so we can make our first real playoff run (08-09 wasn't really a run).

Just some things that I'm looking forward to in the upcoming months:

- 3 first round picks in a very deep draft. May even bundle a couple and move up.

- Young core developing further

- Free agency. With the team doing well, players may actually want to sign. Also, with probably $10-$14 million to play with (Depending on how much people resign for), we could acquire a top scoring forward.

- Everything else. Seriously. I literally can't wait to see this team play again. I've been a fan since the beginning (Literally, bought a jersey when I was little just when they were announced and available) and this is the first time I can say I can't wait to see a full 82 game Columbus Blue Jackets season. Hopefully I can make the 6 hour drive down one night and see my first game next year.

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.