HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk of 2013 Off-season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-28-2013, 06:01 AM
  #276
metmag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nepean
Country: Canada
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
Michael Garnett (Goalie of Traktor) will play for team canada @ the upcoming Worlds
Great exposure for the league, and with the big ice and all he is probably the best player for the job

metmag is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 06:23 AM
  #277
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
KHL: Morozov signed a new contract with CSKA Moscow
sovsport.ru reports that the former nt-player & current free agent Alexei Morozov (36) already signed a new contract with CSKA Moscow. They also announced that the future of an other former nt-player & free agent Danis Zaripov will be decised tomorrow.

russianhockey is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 09:41 AM
  #278
In burke I trust*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hamilton
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
KHL: Morozov signed a new contract with CSKA Moscow
sovsport.ru reports that the former nt-player & current free agent Alexei Morozov (36) already signed a new contract with CSKA Moscow. They also announced that the future of an other former nt-player & free agent Danis Zaripov will be decised tomorrow.
Ak Bars is definitely in a tough situation with their star players right now. I think its time for Kazan to move on and build around a younger core of players.

In burke I trust* is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 09:55 AM
  #279
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
oh, the Morozov signing is awful...yeah he'll be getting pts, but i don't like this development vector at all

cska78 is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 10:41 AM
  #280
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,078
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
oh, the Morozov signing is awful...yeah he'll be getting pts, but i don't like this development vector at all
Me neither.. Becoming the new SKA, just buy everyone with a big name rather than compile a team of substance. Why do they need him, what part of the game will he improve? No room to keep budding young star like Gusev but they will sign old guys who are over the hump like this.. recipe for dissaster

malkinfan is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 11:00 AM
  #281
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDomalds View Post
Ak Bars is definitely in a tough situation with their star players right now. I think its time for Kazan to move on and build around a younger core of players.
They've been doing it all along, guys Like Petrov and Zherdev say hello.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 11:10 AM
  #282
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 41,745
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDomalds View Post
Ak Bars is definitely in a tough situation with their star players right now. I think its time for Kazan to move on and build around a younger core of players.
Assistant coach Alexander Barkov said they'd like to keep both Immonen and Kapanen.

Jussi is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 11:15 AM
  #283
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
They've been doing it all along, guys Like Petrov and Zherdev say hello.
what type of nonsense is this

cska78 is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 12:06 PM
  #284
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 41,745
vCash: 612
Hannu Jortikka in the running to coach Vladivostok (according to his hometown paper Turun Sanomat).

Jussi is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 04:08 PM
  #285
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
what type of nonsense is this
I don't know, everyday regular type, I guess.

Seriously though, what's wrong with it? Do you think Ak Bars are going to sign two more star players to replace Marozov and Zaripov?

Edit: After reading it one more time I have a clue what were you trying to say and you may have been right

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 04:30 AM
  #286
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Hannu Jortikka in the running to coach Vladivostok (according to his hometown paper Turun Sanomat).
Sport-Express.ru: Jortikka is the new coach of Vladivostok

russianhockey is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 07:39 AM
  #287
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
I don't know, everyday regular type, I guess.

Seriously though, what's wrong with it? Do you think Ak Bars are going to sign two more star players to replace Marozov and Zaripov?

Edit: After reading it one more time I have a clue what were you trying to say and you may have been right
All the ak-bars success up until now is attributed to poaching, not a single player raised in the system was instrumental to their success. They haven't been sitting pretty, they scout players very early (still as kids from DUSH) and poach/poach/poach. Bocharov, Petrov, Golubev are first birds that you can call AkBars' products...now if look closer - Petrov is the only one actually born in Kazan'.
UpandComing Yarullin is also Kazan' born and raised, but it's too early to say he is a lock for years to come.

They have two real gems coming up in the 97: Svechnikov-Lazarev, the first being born in Barnaul.

cska78 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 07:42 AM
  #288
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
They haven't been pretty, they scout players very early (still as kids from DUSH) and poach/poach/poach. Bocharov, Petrov, Golubev are first birds that you can somewhat call AkBars' products...now if look closer - Petrov is the only one actually born in Kazan'.
That is a problem? It happens everywhere, regional powerhouses bring all best players from region. Maybe not at age of 10 but in 15 for sure. Look at Swede, Finland, Czechs, Slovakia...

vorky is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 08:05 AM
  #289
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
That is a problem? It happens everywhere, regional powerhouses bring all best players from region. Maybe not at age of 10 but in 15 for sure. Look at Swede, Finland, Czechs, Slovakia...
it is bad, since we have a draft now, they bypass it, deplete other schools...and since then Khabarovsk/Barnaul etc are regional with Kazan'?

cska78 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
  #290
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
All the ak-bars success up until now is attributed to poaching, not a single player raised in the system was instrumental to their success. They haven't been sitting pretty, they scout players very early (still as kids from DUSH) and poach/poach/poach. Bocharov, Petrov, Golubev are first birds that you can call AkBars' products...now if look closer - Petrov is the only one actually born in Kazan'.
UpandComing Yarullin is also Kazan' born and raised, but it's too early to say he is a lock for years to come.
Oh this.. Every team in every sport does it, no problem with that. I think both me and McDomalds were talking about professional level so it turns out my saying about Zherdev and Petrov wasn't a nonsense after all.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 09:44 AM
  #291
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Oh this.. Every team in every sport does it, no problem with that. I think both me and McDomalds were talking about professional level so it turns out my saying about Zherdev and Petrov wasn't a nonsense after all.
i don't see ANYONE in the NHL doing it, because there's a system in place. What do Zherdev and Petrov have ANYTHING to do with Kazan' developing anything whatsoever? Petrov - ok, was developed in Kazan' grew into his own in Yugra, Zherdev was developed in CSKA en route from Ukraine, played in the NHL, CSKA, Dinamo, Atlant....

cska78 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:21 AM
  #292
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
i don't see ANYONE in the NHL doing it, because there's a system in place. What do Zherdev and Petrov have ANYTHING to do with Kazan' developing anything whatsoever? Petrov - ok, was developed in Kazan' grew into his own in Yugra, Zherdev was developed in CSKA en route from Ukraine, played in the NHL, CSKA, Dinamo, Atlant....
Let's just hope vorky doesn't see your first sentence.

Who was talking about development? What we were talking about was Ak Bars' need to rebuild or more precisely replace Zaripov and Morozov. I said that they've already addressed that earlier and are prepared to let these two go without making any blockbuster deals during the off-season (although they still have to do a lot of resigning). And then you started talking about 12 year old kids

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 10:29 AM
  #293
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Let's just hope vorky doesn't see your first sentence.

Who was talking about development? What we were talking about was Ak Bars' need to rebuild or more precisely replace Zaripov and Morozov. I said that they've already addressed that earlier and are prepared to let these two go without making any blockbuster deals during the off-season (although they still have to do a lot of resigning). And then you started talking about 12 year old kids
I understood, that you were claiming, that Ak Bars always develops with youngsters from within.

cska78 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 11:21 AM
  #294
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,078
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Josh Gratton back in the K, signs with Donbass. He can actually somewhat play hockey, hopefully he is brought in as a grinder not a goon.

malkinfan is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 12:56 PM
  #295
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Borisov traded for $ to Atlant

cska78 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 02:36 PM
  #296
In burke I trust*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hamilton
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
SKA extends (D) Alexei Semenov and (D) Yuri Alexandrov for 2 more years
http://www.ska.ru/news/ru/10269.html

SKA also resigns (LW) Artemy Panarin to a 2 year contract extension
http://www.ska.ru/news/ru/10283.html

Very good news for St. Petersburg, Alexandrov is very underrated and Panarin possesses sky high potential.


Last edited by In burke I trust*: 04-29-2013 at 02:43 PM.
In burke I trust* is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 02:45 PM
  #297
In burke I trust*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hamilton
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Borisov traded for $ to Atlant
Galimov and Borisov make for a very strong goaltending duo

In burke I trust* is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 03:15 PM
  #298
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDomalds View Post
SKA extends (D) Alexei Semenov and (D) Yuri Alexandrov for 2 more years
http://www.ska.ru/news/ru/10269.html

SKA also resigns (LW) Artemy Panarin to a 2 year contract extension
http://www.ska.ru/news/ru/10283.html

Very good news for St. Petersburg, Alexandrov is very underrated and Panarin possesses sky high potential.
yeah, Alexandrov is a little too soft for NA hockey, but in Europe he is good and an NT player sooner or later. Panarin on a good team will be money.

cska78 is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 03:16 PM
  #299
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDomalds View Post
Panarin possesses sky high potential.
Not. Or our understanding of "sky high" is very different.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
04-29-2013, 03:34 PM
  #300
In burke I trust*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hamilton
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Not. Or our understanding of "sky high" is very different.
Not many playes in the KHL that are 21 years old with his resume. Excellent skill set and it showed in the playoffs, not to mention an elite skater

In burke I trust* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.