HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miller's last game?

Old
04-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SackTastic View Post
No reason for anyone NOT to like him. People can debate the merits of his play/contract/etc, but nobody can debate the fact that he's been a great person, and representative of our community.

Anyone who disagrees with that makes me embarrassed to be a sports fan.
This.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Decided to turn on the game with five minutes left in regulation. That certainly felt like the end. We'll see.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:40 PM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
No reason for anyone NOT to like him. People can debate the merits of his play/contract/etc, but nobody can debate the fact that he's been a great person, and representative of our community.

Yep.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:

I agree.

He's a Buffalo Sabre at heart and has more often than not been our best player on many nights. It will be a sad day when he goes.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

I really wish they had done something better to honour him during a break or at the end of the game... they randomly announced in the first five minutes or so that he was playing in his 500th game, but the play basically started right after they said it. He didn't really get to skate around and salute the crowd during the three stars cause the entire team was on the ice. The fans did do a good job of cheering for him whenever they could, though.

With that being said, if (seems more like 'when' now) he's traded they'll probably have a tribute video for him and the crowd should give him a standing O. I know I'll do whatever I can to be there.

Sean McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Luceni

I'm sorry for miller.

he has played 500 games for us. It's a shame that darcy couldn't place a better team in front of him to win it all.

Miller isn't the reason why the seabreas are still a stanley cup-less organization.

Luceni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 01:01 AM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
I'm sorry for miller.

he has played 500 games for us. It's a shame that darcy couldn't place a better team in front of him to win it all.

Miller isn't the reason why the seabreas are still a stanley cup-less organization.
Yep. Just needed to add a couple more (or even one) key player at our peak and we could've had it.

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:21 PM
oldgoalie
In rebuild hell

What ever team he lands on, I'll be rooting for them.

oldgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:26 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Normally I would never root for another team just because a former player is on it, but I hope Miller does well wherever he goes.

Team permitting of course.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Girgenburger

With Miller putting his condo on the market, I'd say there's about a 60/40 chance of him leaving, maybe even 70/30 with the scale leaning toward his departure. To me, he's saying to himself, "I may not be here next year. Might as well get a head start."

Looking to the future, Makarov/Hackett is going to be a good problem for Buffalo to have. Can't wait to see one push the other. I like what I've seen of Enroth lately, and I think he sticks around until Mak is ready to make the jump to the NHL, but beyond that...

Girgenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:05 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
With Miller putting his condo on the market, I'd say there's about a 60/40 chance of him leaving, maybe even 70/30 with the scale leaning toward his departure. To me, he's saying to himself, "I may not be here next year. Might as well get a head start."
Or he's thinking 'I can make double my money back if I sell now, and lease a cheaper/smaller place since I don't live her in the offseason anymore."

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Girgenburger

Quote:
Or he's thinking 'I can make double my money back if I sell now, and lease a cheaper/smaller place since I don't live her in the offseason anymore."
It's a possibility, but I don't think Miller would "uproot" himself from his condo if he wasn't planning to leave. Dude makes millions. What does he care about making a couple hundred thousand selling his place? I guess that's more my opinion, but not a farfetched notion.

Girgenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:12 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearegodawful View Post
It's a possibility, but I don't think Miller would "uproot" himself from his condo if he wasn't planning to leave. Dude makes millions. What does he care about making a couple hundred thousand selling his place? I guess that's more my opinion, but not a farfetched notion.
Just because he makes millions doesn't mean he wouldn't take advantage of making the money on his condo, ESPECIALLY if he doesn't even use it anymore.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:11 PM

I have though about this a lot and have come to the conclusion we HAVE to move Miller if we are committed to a rebuild, having Miller here will almost assure that we will not be getting a top pick next year and causing us to have another year like this, assuming we don't have many changes we are going to be one of the worst teams again.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:58 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I have though about this a lot and have come to the conclusion we HAVE to move Miller if we are committed to a rebuild, having Miller here will almost assure that we will not be getting a top pick next year and causing us to have another year like this, assuming we don't have many changes we are going to be one of the worst teams again.
Seems reasonable. If we move Miller, either young guys step up to compensate (positive) or we really bottom out (short-term pain for long-term gain).

On the other hand though, listening to Miller's locker room clean out interview, it sounds like he believes there's a ton of parity in the league and what this team needs is an attitude makeover more than a skill one. If that's the case, he might be the only veteran we have who's willing to stay here while we add young pieces to the roster and build toward contending. Vanek sounds like he wants no part of a long-term rebuild, Ott seems on the fence, and you can't just take away every veteran presence from a young team and expect them to succeed...

I'm glad Darcy has to make these decisions, not me.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:55 AM
Kruschiki

I don't think the condo sale is a sign of his imminent departure. The luxery market is soft in downtown Buffalo - and if it sells, he can certainly bunk up with a team mate for a few months when the season starts. It is however a sign his days are numbered, which we all know to be true.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:54 AM
Jacob582

Quote:

Why are we talking about Pominville in the Miller thread?

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruschiki View Post
I don't think the condo sale is a sign of his imminent departure. The luxery market is soft in downtown Buffalo - and if it sells, he can certainly bunk up with a team mate for a few months when the season starts. It is however a sign his days are numbered, which we all know to be true.
Perhaps. Or maybe he'll just take on a short-term rental next season, and then buy a big place if he re-signs against. Regardless, I don't think it's telling in the slightest. Professional athletes buy and sell homes every few years because they can.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote