HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NYR tickets will be hard to come by

Old
09-13-2006, 08:14 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500

Quote:
...including a season ticket renewal rate of more than 95 percent, the highest in seven seasons, a season ticket waiting list of more than 3,000 people, the first such waiting list in eight seasons, and a virtual sell-out of all individual game tickets, with just a 10th of the number of tickets available for the coming season when compared to the same time last year.
Link

If the pre sale is any indication, generally best available was in the corners in the 300's. Of course they could be holding some back for the general sale this Sat. Last year I purchased 100's in the corner and 200's in the close to center for the presale.

I think we should expect 41+ sellouts this season.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 08:45 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Link

If the pre sale is any indication, generally best available was in the corners in the 300's. Of course they could be holding some back for the general sale this Sat. Last year I purchased 100's in the corner and 200's in the close to center for the presale.

The waiting list for seasons is BS because I have a guy at work who just bought tickets last week for the full season by simply walking into MSG and having a rep bring him to the available seats of which he was free to chose and he took 2 of them.

Tickets will certainly be hard to come by though and I do expect each and every game will be a sellout which is great for guys with seasons looking to sell tix.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 08:46 AM
92hatchattack

yeah, i was clicking at 9 am and the best i got was tickets in 302- 303 in rows M and N ...

i was really thinking i would be able to score at least some near center tickets, but oh well...

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
I tried buying tickets with the amex presale code but could only get singles.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 11:31 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
The waiting list for seasons is BS because I have a guy at work who just bought tickets last week for the full season by simply walking into MSG and having a rep bring him to the available seats of which he was free to chose and he took 2 of them.

Tickets will certainly be hard to come by though and I do expect each and every game will be a sellout which is great for guys with seasons looking to sell tix.
I know some people on a waiting list b/c the DONT want 300's or 400's. Maybe its just a waiting list for 100 or 200? Any idea what section he got?

Old
09-13-2006, 01:40 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
The trick has always been to not buy tickets directly from the office. Get them somewhere else.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 01:41 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
I know some people on a waiting list b/c the DONT want 300's or 400's. Maybe its just a waiting list for 100 or 200? Any idea what section he got?
He had a choice b/w 306 , 314 and he wound up in 330.

Another guy at work also bought a full season about 5 weeks ago after never having tickets.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 02:27 PM
broadwayblue

"The Rangers fanbase includes tremendous longevity, as well as an influx of new fans based on the new look team and its success last season. A full 30 percent of Rangers season subscribers have a tenure of more than 30 years, with 14 accounts remaining with the organization for more than 50 years. At the same time, the team has added 4,000 new full season ticket subscribers over the last two seasons."

Pretty impressive. Guess I'm still a newb only having seasons since 2001.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 03:57 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I don't have an amex, so I miss the presale. I am going to give it a shot on saturday afternoon. Right now I am only looking to definitely pick up a single seat for Opening Night, so if I don't get that through Ticketmaster, I'm going to go on Stubhub. I've gone there for several Yankees games and it always works well so I am sure they will have plenty for the Rangers. Might just have to pay a bit more.

I am also going to try to get a few other singles. I will probably only get two seats to 2 or 3 games.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
"The Rangers fanbase includes tremendous longevity, as well as an influx of new fans based on the new look team and its success last season. A full 30 percent of Rangers season subscribers have a tenure of more than 30 years, with 14 accounts remaining with the organization for more than 50 years. At the same time, the team has added 4,000 new full season ticket subscribers over the last two seasons."

Pretty impressive. Guess I'm still a newb only having seasons since 2001.
i got mine last year for the first time. i was figuring i would be there to help cheer on some kids as they struggle thru their first seasons, and boy, was i pleasantly surprised.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 01:33 PM
TheRedressor

A bud of mine at Rutgers got season tickets with his roomate and i was able to get a couple games of him. Seems like thats the only way to do it now.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 01:49 PM
BigE

It looks like I'll be in NYC again this January - I'll absolutely DIE if I can't get to a game!

Ottawa or Boston...hmmm - Ottawa!

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 02:03 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
It looks like I'll be in NYC again this January - I'll absolutely DIE if I can't get to a game!

Ottawa or Boston...hmmm - Ottawa!
What are you waiting for? The guy above has your game for sale. PM him and get it and your all set.

303Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 02:09 PM
TheRedressor

Yeah I would do it before the tickets go.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2006, 05:18 PM
BigE

We've already begun talking.

Last year I went in January and the only home game was Messier's retirement. If any of you were there I was the guy weeping outside of MSG - piss poor timing.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 03:15 AM
cityhockeyfever

It's about time we're seeing the possibility of returning to complete sellouts for an entire season.
In recent years (obviously during the non-playoff seasons), the Rangers would always come close
to arena capacity for average tickets sold per game, but now I can see that 18,200 attendance number
in every box score. New York City has always had the long-time reputation of packing Madison Square Garden
regularly for Rangers games many years, but now that can be said with true feeling.

I'll be going to some games when I can, but certainly not for a full 41+ home games.

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 04:32 AM
cjdv16

Quote:
Link

try the scalper on the corner. won't be so difficult.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 07:53 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
Either that or I will just use my season tickets

Old
09-16-2006, 08:01 AM
TorontoSports

sounds good, I am pretty hyped about our team this year.

TorontoSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Luckily for me my GF's father is the vice pres of Tishman Contruction in the city, so he has acess to people who always have season tickets for pretty much every sporting event in the city, beit Rangers,Kicks,Yankess,Mets, etc. So hopefully I can score some tickets off of him this season, last season I got tickets to the first home game against the Devils, we sat right on the red line just outside of the purple section, eaisly the best seats I have ever sat in. But I also plan on getting my own tickets, so hopefully they wont be too hard to come by.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 08:22 AM
patnyrnyg

I honestly didnt even know they had a pre-sale this year. I must have ignored the letter and thrown in out.

As for the sell-outs. Sell-outs aren't the problem, it is the no-shows in the purple seats which take away from the atmosphere. Even through the recent slump, most of the tixx were sold. Hopefully, this year less flyers, isles, devils, leafs, wings fans can get their hands on tixx. It was depressing the last few years how many flyers fans came up to our building.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 08:23 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Luckily for me my GF's father is the vice pres of Tishman Contruction in the city, so he has acess to people who always have season tickets for pretty much every sporting event in the city, beit Rangers,Kicks,Yankess,Mets, etc. So hopefully I can score some tickets off of him this season, last season I got tickets to the first home game against the Devils, we sat right on the red line just outside of the purple section, eaisly the best seats I have ever sat in. But I also plan on getting my own tickets, so hopefully they wont be too hard to come by.
Marry that girl. Marry her yesterday.

Old
09-16-2006, 08:24 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
I have bought from scalpers at the Colisseum, at the meadowlands for giants and devils, yankee and shea stadium, and have never had a problem. I would NOT buy from the guys outside of MSG. I know too many people who have been burned.

Old
09-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Marry that girl. Marry her yesterday.
HAHA if he could get me season tickets for free, then maybe we'll talk lol

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2006, 08:31 AM
92hatchattack

^^^ dude, everytime i go i see this dude selling tickets with a cop peeking around the corner 10 feet away. I mean common, if ya cant see that one coming u deserve it .. LOL

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote