HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT GDT: Ottawa vs Boston, 7pm

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 01:56 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
the most awesome part would be seeing if cherry had the balls to wear his boston regalia in front of a Toronto audience and give them a taste of the medicine. He would almost certainly never do it and that shows what a charlatan he is/how much he despises Montreal and the sensibility of cheering on air for our foes.

OK, that wouldn't be the MOST awesome part, but it would be awesome. Sens say they've been struggling offensively lately. I'm picking the Sens for rd1. Can't stand the toronto fans. Just take a look at last nights pgt. pathetic.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I want one of Leafs-Bruins out in the first round, so what better than having them go against each other? Ottawa is gonna be damn hard, but we've played them well even when they had Karlsson. So I'd root for a Ottawa win, but if they don't.. meh, whatever.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:09 PM
E = CH²

I think the Sens will be a much more difficult opponent than Toronto. Not scared of Toronto at all.

That said, Sens winning would ensure no pittsburgh until the third round. It would also be NYI vs Pit in the first round. Repeat of 93 with NYI clearing the way for us anyone ?

Plus if the sens wins, we can be sure that one of Boston or Toronto will be out come next round. Hopefully the remaining team is banged up too.

More and more I see advantages to finishing 2nd. Go sens go !

Old
04-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
I'm conflicted. The division will be nice, but I want the Leafs in the first round. Sens are getting healthy and they can make some noise in the playoffs. They have spoiler written all over them, even before they were getting bodies back.

I have no doubt in my mind that we can beat the Leafs easily in the first round if we play like we did last night.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Old
04-28-2013, 02:15 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I think the Sens will be a much more difficult opponent than Toronto. Not scared of Toronto at all.

That said, Sens winning would ensure no pittsburgh until the third round. It would also be NYI vs Pit in the first round. Repeat of 93 with NYI clearing the way for us anyone ?

Plus if the sens wins, we can be sure that one of Boston or Toronto will be out come next round. Hopefully the remaining team is banged up too.

More and more I see advantages to finishing 2nd. Go sens go !
+1

I wonder if Anakin Slyad is going to incorporate that.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
I'm conflicted. The division will be nice, but I want the Leafs in the first round. Sens are getting healthy and they can make some noise in the playoffs. They have spoiler written all over them, even before they were getting bodies back.

I have no doubt in my mind that we can beat the Leafs easily in the first round if we play like we did last night.
The Habs last night; winning battles to the puck, using their speed to dictate the flow of the game, sound defensively and goaltending was good. If they can play like they did last night, they can beat just about ANYBODY they face in the first round.

With that said, I want the Habs to take the division.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
04-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

I want the division. It`ll ensure us more home ice possibilities. As for tonight's game I believe that we still win the division if Ottawa wins in OT or SO. If the B`s tie us in points we are still ahead in the ROW column 26 to 24.

Good news, right now the Sens are looking down the barrel of a gun called the Penguins. So, there is much incentive to play hard tonight

GO SENS!

Old
04-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
This is the correct answer. Plus the road to Stanley requires some gifts be bestowed from other series, I think the Leafs could take Boston which could do some dirty work for us. If these 2 so called "physical" teams bang each other up that would be a sweet bonus.
Logical except for one point: you're suggesting the Leafs beating Boston would be better for us. Disagree there. We can beat either team, but the Bruins aren't as hell-bent on dirty play as the Leafs (ironic, but true). The 'hate' between Boston and Montreal has evolved into a cold-war detente, where there's more mutual respect than emotional outbursts (notwithstanding Marchand's babyish whining). Plus, I see the Bruins defence sagging and being more vulnerable to our forechecking style. Leafs, on the other hand, are still in their fetish stage about fighting and goons and simply being able to attend a playoff game without buying a ticket.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Teufelsdreck

I don't care about the permutations and combinations. Come on, Senators!

Old
04-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Stive Morgan
Habland

vCash: 0
Don't really mind who wins, the division would be nice but playing Toronto instead of Ottawa would be nice too.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:36 PM
JohnLennon

I'm indifferent on who we end up playing, but I'll surely tune into this game regardless. Pretty huge game with immediate playoff implications.

Last edited by JohnLennon: 04-28-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old
04-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
I want them to win the division, if that means playing the Sens that's fine.

The only things that worry me in that series are how amazing Anderson has played all year (could steal the series himself) and Chris Neil running around trying to injure everyone he can.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

So, this isn't on tv ?

Old
04-28-2013, 03:45 PM
beaverBFP

Go sens! Many more benefits if we finish 2nd.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:47 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
This is the correct answer. Plus the road to Stanley requires some gifts be bestowed from other series, I think the Leafs could take Boston which could do some dirty work for us. If these 2 so called "physical" teams bang each other up that would be a sweet bonus.
There is a flip side to that scenario. Leafs manage to oust Boston and get a shot of confidence.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Lyle View Post
Is this game on tv or do we have to stream it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, this isn't on tv ?
According to NHL.com the game is on NBCSN,SNET-E,TVA-SPORTS,NESN

However with Sportsnet they blackout certain games (IE : Canucks games are blacked out in Quebec) so if you have SNET-E and don't live in the Ottawa region it's probably going to be blacked out for you.

Personally i will watch on TVASP. First game ever i will watch on that channel so i don,t know what to expect. Who are the commentators ?

Old
04-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I want them to win the division, if that means playing the Sens that's fine.

The only things that worry me in that series are how amazing Anderson has played all year (could steal the series himself) and Chris Neil running around trying to injure everyone he can.
My concern as well. Playoff series fall heavily on goaltending/defence and the Sens are much better than the Leafs in this category. Even if Sens' aren't able to muster up enough offence Anderson will keep them in every game.

That being said if the Habs' can bring their game and play solid defensively themselves they should still be able to beat either team. Habs' depth up front will be a key factor too.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:53 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
According to NHL.com the game is one NBCSN,SNET-E,TVA-SPORTS,NESN

However with Sportsnet they blackout certain games (IE : Canucks games are blacked out in Quebec) so if you have SNET-E don't live in the Ottawa region it's probably going to be blacked out for you.

Personally i will watch on TVASP. First game ever i will watch on that channel so i don,t know what to expect. Who are the commentators ?
I live in NB and the Ottawa games in SNET are never blacked out for me.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:56 PM
coolasprICE

I love these type of games. Outcome is relevant but there isn't any stress or nail bitting if it comes down to the wire. Type of game you can just sit back and relax.

Hopefully it's a physical bruising game for both teams. I don't wish for blood or injuries since that's not cool. Just lots of bruising.

Old
04-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
According to NHL.com the game is on NBCSN,SNET-E,TVA-SPORTS,NESN

However with Sportsnet they blackout certain games (IE : Canucks games are blacked out in Quebec) so if you have SNET-E and don't live in the Ottawa region it's probably going to be blacked out for you.

I have Sportsnet Sens which never shows any games.

I guess I'll have to watch it on ****ing TVA sports. Though, I might get NBC.

Even sens fans think they'll beat us easily. I guess no one takes us seriously ?

Old
04-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
I live in NB and the Ottawa games in SNET are never blacked out for me.
That's possible. SNET-E broadcast games in the "East of Belleville - Penbrooke line" region according to
http://www.shawdirect.ca/english/lea..._blackouts.asp

What i do know for sure is that all Flames , Oilers and Canucks games are blacked out here. However Sens games who are on SNET-E may be available in Quebec but i'm not sure since i rarely try to watch hockey games on SNET-E anyway.

Old
04-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Luc Gelinas tweets game 1 is Tuesday even if we're facing Ottawa:

Luc Gelinas ‏@LucGelinasRDS 53s
Fausse la rumeur que le 1re match aurait lieu jeudi si c'est les Senateurs que le #CH affronte en 1re ronde. Ça débute assurément mardi.

Old
04-28-2013, 04:05 PM
zzoo

By finishing second, we can avoid Penguins in the second round if we can go through the first.

Old
04-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I have Sportsnet Sens which never shows any games.

I guess I'll have to watch it on ****ing TVA sports. Though, I might get NBC.

Even sens fans think they'll beat us easily. I guess no one takes us seriously ?
As i said i have no idea what to expect from TVA sports. I don't even know who describe the games

I have the channel but i very rarely watch it. I think i watched UFC Prelims once there since i have it and that's it. Even then i much prefer watching UFC on Spotsnet

But i guess we shouldn't complain since it's better than nothing

Old
04-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
We'll draft 30th, regardless of our regular season standings.
We can't bank on winning the Cup, as much as you'd like to think we're a Cup contender now... and we can't bank on even getting past round 2. Although making it to Round 2 is feasible.

Closed Thread