HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

2013/2014 Jerseys

Old
04-19-2013, 08:57 AM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Can I make one other request that will never happen. Can we get rid of that little arrow at the top of the C? It just seems measly.

The captains C should look strong, and carry weight like Calgary's and all the other teams that just have that simple strong font, rather than this fancy little C with an arrow shooting upwards.
Agree 100%

kento19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Hesher
down on the upside

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
I like this one better than SEPH's

Throw a bigfoot patch on the shoulder and the puck silhouette around the "A" and I'd buy multiples of both home & road.

The league-wide thing isn't quite true either. http://www.icethetics.com has a blog on all the changes and rumors every year. This year FLA and EDM retired their 3rds, Tampa got a new 3rd, Dallas is looking to re-style soon as mentioned earlier. The Kings and Canucks did throwbacks this year, too. Canucks did a Millionaires jersey in March and LA wore their purple throwbacks a few times. I'd be happy with a throwback for just one game, but I'd be thrilled with a wholesale change. I love the design above. Not just going back to the old designs (which I love and would love if they returned to) but elements of the old with some new twists, too. Check out Icethetics.com. Pretty cool site.
These look infintely better than the crap they wear now.

Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:23 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher View Post
These look infintely better than the crap they wear now.
I really like this design a lot. I have a daydream in which I post pics of this design all over the Pepsi center with a bold "PLEASE GET RID OF THE APRONS" title on each page, or something like that.

Every time someone from the Avs calls me to try and sell season tix, I politely decline then throw my 2 cents at them about the crappy jersey design and plead for a change. I know that isn't the right person to talk to, but who else am I ever going to get to speak with, right? No one who has the authority to change anything. Anyone know anyone with any such connections within the organization?

SuperTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 06:32 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:

Throw a bigfoot patch on the shoulder and the puck silhouette around the "A" and I'd buy multiples of both home & road.

The league-wide thing isn't quite true either. http://www.icethetics.com has a blog on all the changes and rumors every year. This year FLA and EDM retired their 3rds, Tampa got a new 3rd, Dallas is looking to re-style soon as mentioned earlier. The Kings and Canucks did throwbacks this year, too. Canucks did a Millionaires jersey in March and LA wore their purple throwbacks a few times. I'd be happy with a throwback for just one game, but I'd be thrilled with a wholesale change. I love the design above. Not just going back to the old designs (which I love and would love if they returned to) but elements of the old with some new twists, too. Check out Icethetics.com. Pretty cool site.

I like the design, but, and this is just my opinion, the Blue can't be Navy Blue, it SHOULD be the Blue used for the current 3rd jerseys...I'd like to see a design using the one you posted with the Blue changed out.

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:37 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I like the design, but, and this is just my opinion, the Blue can't be Navy Blue, it SHOULD be the Blue used for the current 3rd jerseys...I'd like to see a design using the one you posted with the Blue changed out.
Well...truth is - I'm colorblind. I honestly have to take your word that the blue in the design is navy. I agree that the color palette should stay the same. Steel blue, not navy; puck silhouette around the "A"; big foot shoulder patches. All with the design, striping, & cut.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
I think the avs should bring in a black jersey. Maybe with the big foot paw as the primary logo. Nothing more intimidating than a team of black jerseys.
-NO-

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:47 PM
22FUTON9

Ze beeeeesssssstttttttt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 116933979.jpg‎ (22.3 KB, 9 views)

22FUTON9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:

The home/dark jersey looks a little dark and bland, but that white/away jersey looks pretty damn good. I think it's the Avalanche A blending in with the rest of the burgundy that throws it off on the dark jerseys. Maybe make it blue, or add some white to it?

Here's a 3rd pet peeve of mine that will never get changed, behind the Avs piping along the sides, and the overly stylish font for the captains C with the upward arrow. Can the league just go back to home whites already. It fits the home team so much more, being dress whites, and the enemy team wearing the dark jerseys.

Do they really have to schedule everything around teams wearing the 3rd jerseys at home? It's not worth it IMO. Teams can work that out on the road, and it doesn't add that much in advertisement for the home team to wear them. It just doesn't feel right with the home team wearing the muddied colors, and the away team standing out wearing the flashy whites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by col9duchie View Post
Ze beeeeesssssstttttttt
Absolutely. That burgundy 3rd might have been the best jersey they ever had. Especially the Forsberg one, though I can't tell how much of my bias goes into that.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 04-20-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:51 AM
22FUTON9

Quote:
Absolutely. That burgundy 3rd might have been the best jersey they ever had. Especially the Forsberg one, though I can't tell how much of my bias goes into that.
Kinda agree, for some reason this jersey looked really good on foppa.

God the jerseys back then were soooo much cooler compared to the stupid reebok ones we have now

22FUTON9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:09 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
The home/dark jersey looks a little dark and bland, but that white/away jersey looks pretty damn good. I think it's the Avalanche A blending in with the rest of the burgundy that throws it off on the dark jerseys. Maybe make it blue, or add some white to it?
I think it's the absence of the puck silhouette around the "A" (the white oval behind the "A" outlined in blue). There's your missing white and contrast with the burgundy to make the "A" pop. I honestly don't think the avs would mess with their crest, so if something like this ever got done it wouldn't include an altered front logo.

Oh, and I agree 100% that the whites should be home jerseys again. It can't be that much of a hassle for the equipment manager to bring an extra jersey on the road trip. Puh-lease.

Old
04-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
I think it's the absence of the puck silhouette around the "A" (the white oval behind the "A" outlined in blue). There's your missing white and contrast with the burgundy to make the "A" pop. I honestly don't think the avs would mess with their crest, so if something like this ever got done it wouldn't include an altered front logo.

Oh, and I agree 100% that the whites should be home jerseys again. It can't be that much of a hassle for the equipment manager to bring an extra jersey on the road trip. Puh-lease.
Yea you're right, that's it. The actual logo looks much better without it, but you need it on the dark jerseys to make it pop.

They could get away without it though somehow. Just outline the A more in white, and it'd look much better.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Teuras
Registered offender

I would love to see something like this! The blue numbers don't work on burgundy but other than that it looks amazing

Teuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Hans Landaskog

Nah, I like the burgundy as the primary color, keep the blue for thirds.

Hopefully new coach means new jerseys. That'd be sweet.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Bensch88

My favourite one is the current 3rd Jersey. I'm loving it and i'm going to buy it with No.9 on the back.

Bensch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:47 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
Nah, I like the burgundy as the primary color, keep the blue for thirds.

Hopefully new coach means new jerseys. That'd be sweet.
Yep. Blue should be complementary color. Great design, just flip the blue and burgundy and put the black numbers back on the whites & I'm in. Oh, and put the big foot patch back on the shoulder. It's cool and unique.

And...the timing does make sense (at least from the perspective of fans who are desperately looking for any excuse for new jerseys) for such a change. New captain, new coach, new identity moving forward. We've had to endure the Edge shoite for too long. Change things up and move ahead.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:49 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
I personally LOVE the use of the Blue as one of the 2 primary colors, but can understand why others don't...so I personally do like this mock-up.

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:58 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I personally LOVE the use of the Blue as one of the 2 primary colors, but can understand why others don't...so I personally do like this mock-up.
I agree...and I actually love the use of blue numbers for the white sweaters. I also, would love to see the NHL return to white sweaters for the home games...good guys wear white. Although to be honest, if the AVs would just get rid of the piping on their current sweaters, I'd like them a whole lot more. Those things just kill me.

expatriated_texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:03 PM
UncleRisto
Registered Loser

I want new unis so bad. Those look good, just make a burgundy one and use the blue as an alternative.

UncleRisto is online now   Reply With Quote