HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi recalled early to meet with team in WPG

Old
04-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I wouldn't say he has "arrived" but he looks a lot more comfortable out there. I think he still has 2-3 years of progression left.
Agreed.

When he adds a little more bulk and gains some strength he has the potential to be an outstanding shutdown D-man.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:57 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Nice to see the Habs go 2-0 with Tinordi in the lineup. He's looked more confident and certainly more physical which is great to see as he hopefully can build off this experience. Thought that he would have gotten the call over Beaulieu for what he brings (he really excelled on the PK in Hamilton) will be very interesting to see if he gets ice in the playoffs and how much they use him if so. While he's not flashy he really grew on me after watching him night after night in Hamilton this year.

As others have said, once he fills out more (especially lower body) it's going to be a lot of fun watching him progress/develop.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Forsead

At some point I was concerned about the level of physicality he would bring, some peoples were saying he wasn't physical at lower level. His play the AHL and thoses two games in the NHL have reassured me. He was very effective while bringing a much needed edge.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
I like this Tinordi fellow.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:18 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I wouldn't say he has "arrived" but he looks a lot more comfortable out there. I think he still has 2-3 years of progression left.
If Tinordi has arrived and he plays a solid 15 min/game in the playoffs without getting exposed, he's special and the habs will be one hell of a team next season with Subban, Tinordi, Diaz, Emelin, Gorges and Markov on defense.

I doubt he can keep playing like this personally. Ideally, I wish he had another year in the AHL.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:34 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

You guys are starting to see why he's been my #1 prospect the last few years....

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:39 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
His size isnt too uncommon in todays game however his mobility, hockey IQ, and his dedication to improvement (probably acquired that from his dad telling him about what it takes to make the nhl) is what makes him a valuable asset.

Now imagine him, subban and emelin on the blueline next year. Suddenly were not so soft, love it!

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
I'm really confident Morgan Ellis is going to turn out to be a real stud in 2-3 years. He has the defensive instincts of Gorges with offensive ability and actual hands with puck.

I think Ellis and Tinordi could turn out to be the best of the bunch.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:00 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'm really confident Morgan Ellis is going to turn out to be a real stud in 2-3 years. He has the defensive instincts of Gorges with offensive ability and actual hands with puck.

I think Ellis and Tinordi could turn out to be the best of the bunch.
Is Ellis a LH or RH shot?

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Is Ellis a LH or RH shot?
Righty, he spent some time playing with Tinordi this season in Hamilton as well.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Habsawce

Talent Analysis

Ellis is a solid all-round defenseman who plays with grit and physicality which allows him to play the shutdown role and on both specialty teams. He has poise with the puck, quick strike passing and hard accurate point shot. The smooth skater defender also brings leadership, character and a calm demeanor both on and off the ice but will need to show more aggression deep in the defensive zone at the professional level.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:10 PM
SouthernHab

I do not want to see Tinordi in a Bulldogs sweater ever again. He has earned his spot on this team.

Regardless of what errors he may make in the playoffs.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:23 PM
habsrule22

2 trades we should try to do is DD and Bourque to a team like Nashville, a team in need of offence. and the other is for Vanek from buffalo, a real sniper with size who will be available and we have the assets to get him

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Teufelsdreck

I think Tinordi has learned to do what's expected of him. He'll do well in the playoffs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:43 PM
RC51

Tinordi look a lot better.
Sure he is still young but I am sure the Habs management will tell him what he needs to do in the off season. Yes a few things to work on but the big thing will be to spend ALL SUMMER in the gym.
He needs to put on 15-20 lbs of pure muscle to add to that 6.6 frame.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:25 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Tinordi look a lot better.
Sure he is still young but I am sure the Habs management will tell him what he needs to do in the off season. Yes a few things to work on but the big thing will be to spend ALL SUMMER in the gym.
He needs to put on 15-20 lbs of pure muscle to add to that 6.6 frame.
Sounds like someone is going to be spending summer at the Subbans'

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Tyson

Tinordi will be built like Pronger, about 220-225. I don't see him being 245 or above. Keep it simple Jarred, play your game.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
I also would like to see him a bit heavier but you dont put on 20 lbs of pure muscle in one summer unless youre on some ***** like steroids. He just needs to train hard next summer and have a nutritionist follow him. You dont want him to bulk up at the expense of his skating abilities...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:34 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I also would like to see him a bit heavier but you dont put on 20 lbs of pure muscle in one summer unless youre on some ***** like steroids. He just needs to train hard next summer and have a nutritionist follow him. You dont want him to bulk up at the expense of his skating abilities...
Wonder if Shawn Thornton would hook a fellow up.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

You have to be careful with D. Weber looked pretty good in his first stint with the habs, but has regressed ever since. O'Byrne looked solid in his first tastes as well, but he really seemed to be battling himself mentally by the end of his habs tenure.

Tinordi has looked good in his most recent call him. He has identified a need on this team that will help keep him up, but I dont want to lean on him next year. The habs should find a 2 yr stop gap option, and ease tinordi in slowly. Sometimes, when a players loses his psyche, he may never get it back in this town.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Needs video of Tinordi hit on Grabovski and Kulemin. Youtube no good yet.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:46 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
You have to be careful with D. Weber looked pretty good in his first stint with the habs, but has regressed ever since. O'Byrne looked solid in his first tastes as well, but he really seemed to be battling himself mentally by the end of his habs tenure.

Tinordi has looked good in his most recent call him. He has identified a need on this team that will help keep him up, but I dont want to lean on him next year. The habs should find a 2 yr stop gap option, and ease tinordi in slowly. Sometimes, when a players loses his psyche, he may never get it back in this town.
I blame Jacques Martin for ruining O'Byrne here in Montreal. I know that O'B would probably be nothing more than a bottom pairing here but damn, he is big and he is a shot blocker.

When a young player makes a mistake (even if it is an own goal), you do not humiliate that player and then expect things to work out well. All O'B needed was a little bit better coaching and we would be extremely happy having him and Tinordi on this team.

Just my opinion.....

Old
04-28-2013, 10:03 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
2 trades we should try to do is DD and Bourque to a team like Nashville, a team in need of offence. and the other is for Vanek from buffalo, a real sniper with size who will be available and we have the assets to get him
Why wouldn't Nashville think of going straight for Vanek if his offence is better than the offence that DD and Bourque bring?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I blame Jacques Martin for ruining O'Byrne here in Montreal. I know that O'B would probably be nothing more than a bottom pairing here but damn, he is big and he is a shot blocker.

When a young player makes a mistake (even if it is an own goal), you do not humiliate that player and then expect things to work out well. All O'B needed was a little bit better coaching and we would be extremely happy having him and Tinordi on this team.

Just my opinion.....
Pretty sure that own goal happened during Carbo's tenure, no?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:17 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Pretty sure that own goal happened during Carbo's tenure, no?
You are correct. It was in 2008. My bad.