HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part 4: The 2013 Playoffs Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 06:43 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Didn't you pull for Gagne after he left? People tend to root for players they like. Bobrovsky was well liked.
Gagne deserved to be liked WAY more than Bob ever did. Gagne was here for at least a decade and has been clutch for us over the years. Comparing Gagne to Bob is a bad thing to do. For a personal level, from the time I can remember when I started to watch hockey, Gagne was there and I loved every minute of it. And even now, when Gagne came back, even if he didn't put up that many points, played VERY well for us. Hustled every shift, got a lot of chances and made smart plays offensively and defensively.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Gagne deserved to be liked WAY more than Bob ever did. Gagne was here for at least a decade and has been clutch for us over the years. Comparing Gagne to Bob is a bad thing to do. For a personal level, from the time I can remember when I started to watch hockey, Gagne was there and I loved every minute of it. And even now, when Gagne came back, even if he didn't put up that many points, played VERY well for us. Hustled every shift, got a lot of chances and made smart plays offensively and defensively.
Oh. So, people have no right to like a hardworking guy who very clearly had the talent to succeed, who played a position the team needed to address, and still needs to address?

Edit: How about Couturier, or Voracek? Are people not supposed to like them?

04-28-2013, 06:51 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Yeah I liked Bob when he was here and I still like him now. I could care less what Columbus as a team does but I hope Bob all the best. Same thing applied to Richards and Gange when they were with LA. I didn't actively root for or against LA to win the cup last year but I was happy for those two in the end.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:55 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Oh. So, people have no right to like a hardworking guy who very clearly had the talent to succeed, who played a position the team needed to address, and still needs to address?
My god dude. Get off of it. Your obsession for Bob is unreal. I was happy he went somewhere else to prove himself. But answer me this, did you expect his stats to be THIS GOOD when he left? Because I'm sure as **** no one did. He was a raw talent when he was here. He was a stop gap for getting Bryz as our #1. It was better in the long run for him NOT to be here, Beef, especially with Bryz signing.

You have the right to like Bob, that's fine. But man, keep your pants on. Move on. Gagne was easily one of my favorite Flyers of all time. Bob was here for 2 years and got traded as not only a business decision, but also as a decision for him to go elsewhere and be successful. It happens. Look at Patrick Sharp. He went to the Blackhawks and has done VERY well.

Be happy for him, but don't linger on it. He's gone and he's not coming back. Move on.

Couturier and Voracek never left Philadelphia. We also didn't have Howson as our GM at the time we traded Carter.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:55 PM
The Couturier Effect

Bundy sighting on NBCSports.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:59 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Bundy sighting on NBCSports.
I like Jones/Clement but I wouldn't mind seeing Bundy do a game on CSN one day if they would allow it.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:24 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I like Jones/Clement but I wouldn't mind seeing Bundy do a game on CSN one day if they would allow it.
I agree. He's a great analyst.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:25 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Also Therien usually just says what he feels. No ******** (well, without the strong language ).

Old
04-28-2013, 08:28 PM
LegionOfDoom91

His constant bashing of the refs as if he's still playing gets me going every time.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:32 PM
SolidSnakeUS

He's a player and knows how it feels to be completely butt ****ed by reffing.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
He's a player and knows how it feels to be completely butt ****ed by reffing.
I was saying that in a positive way. I think he's very funny as color guy.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:36 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
I was saying that in a positive way. I think he's very funny as color guy.
Oh he is. What I meant was, he knows the BS calls from the good ones. I would LOVE to see him get more national exposure, but I don't want him away from the Flyers (like Jonesy).

Old
04-28-2013, 11:01 PM
LegionOfDoom91

So what's everyone thinking on the awards this year?

Hart- Ovie
Vezina- Bob
Norris- Subban
Calder- Huberdeau

That's my guesses.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:20 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:

Hart- Ovie
Vezina- Bob
Norris- Subban
Calder- Huberdeau

That's my guesses.
I agree with all the picks besides Subban. I'm thinking Suter takes the Norris.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
My god dude. Get off of it. Your obsession for Bob is unreal. I was happy he went somewhere else to prove himself. But answer me this, did you expect his stats to be THIS GOOD when he left? Because I'm sure as **** no one did. He was a raw talent when he was here. He was a stop gap for getting Bryz as our #1. It was better in the long run for him NOT to be here, Beef, especially with Bryz signing.

You have the right to like Bob, that's fine. But man, keep your pants on. Move on. Gagne was easily one of my favorite Flyers of all time. Bob was here for 2 years and got traded as not only a business decision, but also as a decision for him to go elsewhere and be successful. It happens. Look at Patrick Sharp. He went to the Blackhawks and has done VERY well.

Be happy for him, but don't linger on it. He's gone and he's not coming back. Move on.

Couturier and Voracek never left Philadelphia. We also didn't have Howson as our GM at the time we traded Carter.
I just think it's hypocritical for you to pick and choose who gets to monitor their favorite players, and when it's acceptable. Gagne: OK! Bob? NOT OK. For other, Richards and Carter? OK! Bob? NOT OK. It's not your place to dictate that. It's not like I'm alone in following Bob.

Edit: As for your other questions, yes, I did think Bob would be this good. I didn't think he would do it this year, but I thought he would do it someday. He clearly had the talent and just needed the coaching and experience. Hence why I wanted to sign Vokoun for a 2-3 year stopgap and develop Bob, on top of the contract we all knew Bryz would be commanding.

And that's the other thing: It was a business decision, made necessary by the owner's kneejerk reaction and impatience. Bob did nothing wrong. So there's no reason to just stop being a fan of that guy. His presence in the division next year will definitely provide one.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 04-28-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old
04-28-2013, 11:24 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Honestly, I could see Lundy steal the Vezina.

Quote:
I just think it's hypocritical for you to pick and choose who gets to monitor their favorite players, and when it's acceptable. Gagne: OK! Bob? NOT OK. For other, Richards and Carter? OK! Bob? NOT OK. It's not your place to dictate that. It's not like I'm alone in following Bob.
It's not that. It's more the idea that you keep kicking yourself, making it sound like you're going to commit seppuku because of how good Bob was been this year. It's brought up almost every single day about Bob going or Bob being awesome. Why didn't we do that for Gagne or Richards or Carter when they got traded? We rooted for them, yes, but not to the level of some people have been when it comes to Bob. It's like... a cult following or something.

Sometimes, it's as if I can see the tears coming from posts. All I'm asking, is to calm down. You keep overreacting when it comes to Bob doing well and it's really starting to get old. Yes, Bob did very well this year. Good for him. Cheer for him.

Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 04-28-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old
04-28-2013, 11:44 PM
The Couturier Effect

Go Islanders!

Old
04-28-2013, 11:46 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Go Islanders!
I want Tavares to ****ing troll the **** out of them.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:50 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Honestly, I could see Lundy steal the Vezina.

It's not that. It's more the idea that you keep kicking yourself, making it sound like you're going to commit seppuku because of how good Bob was been this year. It's brought up almost every single day about Bob going or Bob being awesome. Why didn't we do that for Gagne or Richards or Carter when they got traded? We rooted for them, yes, but not to the level of some people have been when it comes to Bob. It's like... a cult following or something.

Sometimes, it's as if I can see the tears coming from posts. All I'm asking, is to calm down. You keep overreacting when it comes to Bob doing well and it's really starting to get old. Yes, Bob did very well this year. Good for him. Cheer for him.
Im gonna have to disagree with the Richards and Carter part. I liked them (well Richards more) but there are STILL people that complain about the trade every month on here. Now that is an obsession. In the end though the Kings winning the cup made it worse.

Realistically I can see where Beef is coming from. We traded a young goalie who showed promise for a goalie who has looked terrible two seasons in a row now. Heres hoping Mason stays consistent, cause IF he can show this isnt a fluke, we can make out better in the end.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:51 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Im gonna have to disagree with the Richards and Carter part. I liked them (well Richards more) but there are STILL people that complain about the trade every month on here. Now that is an obsession. In the end though the Kings winning the cup made it worse.
Wasn't that the one of the best playoff runs though in NHL history? Especially because of the road wins?

Old
04-28-2013, 11:52 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:

Hart- Ovie
Vezina- Bob
Norris- Subban
Calder- Huberdeau

That's my guesses.
Hart - Ovi
Vezina - Lundqvist
Norris - Subban
Calder - Yakupov

Old
04-28-2013, 11:53 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
I think we need to bring Upshall back; and Umberger. Let's just bring in all the guy's that have last names starting with U.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:54 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Wasn't that the one of the best playoff runs though in NHL history? Especially because of the road wins?
Oh don't get me wrong, not saying they didnt deserve it or anything like that.

Im talking about more so of the position of fans. Like we trade Carter and Richards away, they win the cup. We trade Bob away, he *might* win the Vezina. As fans of the team, I can see the problems. (side note: I still would have kept Richards and made the Carter trade)

Old
04-28-2013, 11:55 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:

Hart- Ovie
Vezina- Bob
Norris- Subban
Calder- Huberdeau

That's my guesses.
Ovi
Bob
Keith
Fasth

Old
04-29-2013, 12:02 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Ovi
Bob
Keith
Fasth
Fasth's too old. He's 30. He would be a good choice if eligible though.

Closed Thread