HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Lets talk about Dave Bolland

Old
04-28-2013, 12:19 PM
massivegoonery

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Tim Sassone @TimSassone
Hearing Bolland's groin injury worse than #Blackhawks letting on. Doubtful for playoff opener.
Classic Bolland.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
I guess we won't get to see Playoff Beast Bolland as I have heard preached on here so often. I think him being injured for the playoffs is more the norm than anything else.

Tone King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:33 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

I'd be fine if they just sent Bolland down to Rockford til the playoffs ever year. Maybe he'll find some kind of scoring touch down there.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

With Pirri and LeBlanc... and Krüger and Shaw and Toews and possibly Handzus. We should REALLY consider a Bolland trade to free up money to keep Stalberg

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:07 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
With Pirri and LeBlanc... and Krüger and Shaw and Toews and possibly Handzus. We should REALLY consider a Bolland trade to free up money to keep Stalberg
Again....this makes us even weaker at centre than we already are. You've gotta have Bolland around as insurance in case Pirri/LeBlanc can't hack it. The idea of going into next season with Toews/Pirri/Shaw/Kruger down the middle is frightening. That is asking for trouble.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Could always make a trade for C help... while we could keep Stalberg or Bickell

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:58 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

This is when Bolland steps up... right?

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
This is when Bolland steps up... right?
If he plays. The often injured Rat.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Again....this makes us even weaker at centre than we already are. You've gotta have Bolland around as insurance in case Pirri/LeBlanc can't hack it. The idea of going into next season with Toews/Pirri/Shaw/Kruger down the middle is frightening. That is asking for trouble.
Considering at this point Bolland is barely a NHL C losing him hurts us very little

Could sign a UFA for cheap to give the production he has

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Bolland get it together, your time as a Hawk depends on it. Hopefully he plays some games and is able to provide some clutch plays. Even if he does I think he's done after this year. If he goes 2010 playoff Bolland his stock will rise a little and increase his value.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:19 PM
LarmerAmonteSeabrook

With what we've seen from Handzus since acquiring him, I wouldn't be against having him in the lineup for Game 1. Toews certainly can't be the only one being productive at the dot.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:37 PM
here come the

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
With what we've seen from Handzus since acquiring him, I wouldn't be against having him in the lineup for Game 1. Toews certainly can't be the only one being productive at the dot.
Handzus is 100% playing in game 1. The question is whether he'll center line 2.

here come the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:04 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by here come the View Post
Handzus is 100% playing in game 1. The question is whether he'll center line 2.
Yeah, why WOULDN'T Handzus be in the lineup? Given how he's looked the few times they put him there, I'd be disappointed if he wasn't our 2C. Especially now that Glass Bowland is hurt (again).

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:07 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Not really. All you apologists say that is when he shows up. He was mediocre and I am giving him more credit than he deserved that series. Lets see what he does his playoff if he plays at all. I would LOVE for him to prove me wrong.
Why is apologist becoming the biggest insult on these boards? It used to be words like **** and Mod Edit...

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 04-28-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Circumvention of Profanity filter
AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
I guess we won't get to see Playoff Beast Bolland as I have heard preached on here so often. I think him being injured for the playoffs is more the norm than anything else.
He missed 3 games in 2011, he played every playoff game in 09, 10, and 12. But keeping using your irrational hatred of Bolland to judge him. It's pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeLincolnsGhost View Post
Why is apologist becoming the biggest insult on these boards? It used to be words like **** and ModEdit...
Because we cannot say those words without the stars. Just assume those other words when you see apologist.....as you have been doing.

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 04-28-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old
04-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
He missed 3 games in 2011, he played every playoff game in 09, 10, and 12. But keeping using your irrational hatred of Bolland to judge him. It's pathetic and hilarious at the same time.
See....you are using your Bolland colored glasses to say I hate him. As stated above....I would like him to prove us wrong. I wish Bollie the best of luck. If he plays. If he can rest this series then come back healthy that would even be better. I am all about the Cup for the Hawks. So in the future please choose your words a little better than 'hate' for a Hawk player. I reserve that word for Vancouver players.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:26 PM
TwistedWrister90
Stanley Cup Q

Quote:
See....you are using your Bolland colored glasses to say I hate him. As stated above....I would like him to prove us wrong. I wish Bollie the best of luck. If he plays. If he can rest this series then come back healthy that would even be better. I am all about the Cup for the Hawks. So in the future please choose your words a little better than 'hate' for a Hawk player. I reserve that word for Vancouver players.
His point is that Bolland has only missed 3 playoff games throughout his career, so saying it's normal for him to be missing playoff games doesn't really make sense. Unless you meant that it's the norm for him to be injured in general, and not specifically for the playoffs.

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:29 PM
luongo321

Why are you worried about Bolland? He is a playoff dynamo.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:37 PM
TwistedWrister90
Stanley Cup Q

Because Chicago fans like to complain

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Considering at this point Bolland is barely a NHL C losing him hurts us very little

Could sign a UFA for cheap to give the production he has
Where do you come up with this stuff?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:19 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Why are you worried about Bolland? He is a playoff dynamo.
Not last year. If he doesn't bring it this year I would say the Hawks seriously consider trading him.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:27 PM
hockeydoug

I don't see how his 3 million dollars is going to make the team much better. Injury risks McDonald and Connolly cost 4.7 million, 37 year old Matt Cullen was making more than Bolland, Lombardi was getting 3.5, Koivu at 3.8, and even Handzus is making 2.5 etc. An upgrade over Bolland is going to start at 4 million.

The window to trade him for value shut at the start of the year, the window was locked at his first injury. The Hawks aren't going to get better at center without taking a hit somewhere else on the roster.

He's a cost effective gamble at this point and the league is running out of really bad gms willing to overpay. Probably best just to sit on his contract and hope for the best.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:05 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I don't see how his 3 million dollars is going to make the team much better. Injury risks McDonald and Connolly cost 4.7 million, 37 year old Matt Cullen was making more than Bolland, Lombardi was getting 3.5, Koivu at 3.8, and even Handzus is making 2.5 etc. An upgrade over Bolland is going to start at 4 million.

The window to trade him for value shut at the start of the year, the window was locked at his first injury. The Hawks aren't going to get better at center without taking a hit somewhere else on the roster.

He's a cost effective gamble at this point and the league is running out of really bad gms willing to overpay. Probably best just to sit on his contract and hope for the best.
You don't go out and get a FA unless it's via trade. You might as well start one of the kids (Pirri) with the way Bolland has been playing. I'm saying this if he sucks in the playoffs again. 3 million in cap space is a decent player, may allow Hawks to keep Stalberg or someone else.

I think Bolland is just injured too much. His nagging back issue has always been there.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:24 PM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You don't go out and get a FA unless it's via trade. You might as well start one of the kids (Pirri) with the way Bolland has been playing. I'm saying this if he sucks in the playoffs again. 3 million in cap space is a decent player, may allow Hawks to keep Stalberg or someone else.

I think Bolland is just injured too much. His nagging back issue has always been there.
I've never been a Bolland fan for a number of reasons, some I've mentioned before, some I haven't. I wanted him traded after the cup win, but now it's a matter value. I don't want to trust a rookie or young player in a big game with 17 minutes a game with lots of defensive responsibility. I'm not suggesting Bolland is a good answer, but I think he's the best answer to round out the roster next year.

If a rookie emerges, great, dump Bolland before the deadline and use the cap space to fill the hole from another injury. Otherwise, I think it's cost effective to keep him. He'll be injured, he'll play badly for extended stretches and slump offensively for extended stretches, he is what he is, but he's still worth his contract given the market.

Even good gms get burned in trades almost half the time. I don't think Chicago needs to gamble next year.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote