HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Eberle or Yak - Which one do you trade?

View Poll Results: Who would you trade Eberle or Yak?
Trade Eberle 156 82.54%
Trade Yak 33 17.46%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-28-2013, 06:17 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
The point is, if you have to trade one of them to get the top dman that you need then you trade Eberle. MacT has a lot of work to do this off season. It will be interesting to see what he does. This is not going to be a boring off season for the Oilers that is for sure.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Conkanen*

Why the BLEEP are we talking about trading Top 6 forwards? A young #1 d-man is not walking through that door for Ebs or Nail.

Conkanen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Jarvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conkanen View Post
Why the BLEEP are we talking about trading Top 6 forwards? A young #1 d-man is not walking through that door for Ebs or Nail.
Are you saying they wouldn't fetch that? Or that you wouldn't want that?

I would vote for Ebs, no slight to him because even with a down year I think he will be an amazing player. I just think Yak is going to be the future of this team.

If we could get a young #1 dman for Ebs I do it.

Jarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:14 PM
McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvi View Post

I would vote for Ebs, no slight to him because even with a down year I think he will be an amazing player. I just think Yak is going to be the future of this team.

Ebs is still the future of this franchise, along with Yakupov. And Hall. And RNH. Not going to miss Whitney, looks like Hemsky wants to go too. Gagner is here to stay. We need to get bigger, the kids are going to get bigger. We need to get stronger, the kids will get stronger. We'll need Gagner till RNH is back at the very least.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Conkanen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvi View Post

Ebs or Nail alone (right now) will not fetch a young #1 d-man imo.

And no I wouldn't do it if I could at this juncture in the re-build. Way too early and Klefbom may be that guy in a couple of years anyway.

Lets see what this team can do with a semi-competent set of bottom 6 six NHL forward, a #1 goalie, and some more blueline depth. All of which is going to take time to acquire anyways.

Conkanen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:18 PM
McArthur

Whitney saying "i've made enough money here, i can take a pay cut to play for a winning team now" should be a good enough indication of what we had with that guy. sure glad he was one of the most inconsistant players on the team.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:30 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Whitney saying "i've made enough money here, i can take a pay cut to play for a winning team now" should be a good enough indication of what we had with that guy. sure glad he was one of the most inconsistant players on the team.
It sucks how this team takes valuable players and turns it into nothing.

Stoll+Greene-->Visnovsky-->Whitney--->nothing
(3C+5D --> nothing)
Pitkanen -->Cole-->Kotalik+POS----> nothing
(top-pairing D --> nothing)
Souray-->nothing
(top-4 D --> nothing)
Raffi Torres -->Gilbert Brule-->nothing
(top-9 F --> nothing)

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Nowthisishockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Hemsky.
This is the only correct answer. Last year I finished all my sentences with"... and hemsky gets traded." This year I gave him a reprieve, man I gotto keep up my positive thinking, the burden of being an Oilers fan.

Seriously, Nail, Ebs, it's really neither. Obviously it could be anyone, but it would need to be a good deal. Who do you get in return?

Nowthisishockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:35 AM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Eberle of those two. Every little bit of size counts, although Yak would bring a bit more back, so it mostly depends on the return.

But if they deal Gagner and Hemsky and shift Hall to center beside Yak I think that will give them two dynamic scoring lines and they can flesh things out with less expensive talent. And then sign Clowe and Bryan Bickell to dig pucks out for them.

If Washington loses Ribeiro they may be looking for a center (Carlson, Alzner) Maybe Florida is looking at a center assuming they add Jones in the draft(Kulikov, Gudbranson). If Gagner is considered a 60pt center now, he will return quite a bit. If they acquire a young D that gives them more freedom in who they draft, although Kulikov and Nurse would look nice in a couple of years.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Unsustainable
HFBoards Sponsor

I just noticed that Yak finished with ONE less point, but one more goal than HF golden boy, Seguin. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Hall bashers.

Unsustainable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 03:03 AM
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Yeah, that pissed me off too, couldn't believe he actually came out and practically said he has only been playing for the paycheque (in so many words). Probably was said out of frustration of being scratched half the year, but really he has sucked balls much of the time he has been here, so its only one person's fault.

See ya Ryan, don't let the door hit ya in the a$$ on the way out. Take Hemmer with you, time for the proverbial "change of scenery" for Alice.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote