HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky

Old
09-13-2006, 01:24 PM
TheRedressor

vCash: 500
Dubi would have to play 3rd line or higher minutes. Same with Jarkko.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 01:45 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
A radical thought. Perhaps both Immo and Dubinsky make the team and Betts, though a good playoff performance, does not. Immo on the second line, Dubinnsky on the fourth line. If quality minutes are not available, Dubi starts in Hfd
I don't know if it's radical Bathgate but you will have to play Brandon and give him opportunities from time to time to play with skill players.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I don't know if it's radical Bathgate but you will have to play Brandon and give him opportunities from time to time to play with skill players.
I am not betting on that Renney will go that route, but it also has it charm.

Last season Renney pretty much had two 3rd lines. Many nights, especially in the early midparts, Moore's line got more ice time then Betts line, cause they where hot. Renney could go about the same way, but with one set checkingline and two "2nd" lines.

Detroit pretty much played that way all last season, Franzen-Draper-Maltby often where used as a pure checkingline. Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Shanahan/Holmström as a clear 1st line. Then Shanahan/Holmström, Yzerman, Lang, Samuelsson, Jason Williams and Cleary where diveded on 2a and 2b kind of lines. Like Cleary-Lang-Holmström and Williams-Yzerman-Samuelsson.

I wouldn't mind if we went with Prucha-Nylander-Jagr as a clear nr 1 line and Hollweg-Betts-Ward as a clear checking line. Then Cullen-Dubinsky-Shanahan and Straka-Immonen-Hall as 2a and 2b lines. Down the road I think we need to have 3 lines that all can play atleast a ordinary 2nd line type of game, and a checking line. I am not sold on using the old 2 offensive 2 defensive line blocks in the new NHL. We saw how a team like Buffalo where able to overwelm pretty much all teams with their skating, playing with 3 offensive lines. There is roughly about 40 minutes of 5 on 5 hockey to dived on 4 lines in todays game. Counting that Jagr will get about 8 minutes of PP duty on a avg night, playing 10-12 minutes ES is enought. Then two lines would get 10 minutes ES and a 3rd 8 minutes. If Immonen and Co. are hot they will get 10 and Dubi 8, or the other way around. The big question is if both out "2nd lines" would be able to play a puckpossesion game, without getting into trouble. I think they would. Immonen and Dubinsky are both inexperienced, but for Brandon to play next to a player like Cullen would help allot, Matt knows what needs to be done as a center and can cover for Dubi if needed. Straka would fill the same role for Immonen.

I am not afraid that this approch would mean that Straka or Shanahan will end up on a "4th line". Both will get PP time. Finding a ice for Straka would never be a problem since he also can be used on the PK. On odd shifts Renney could play a line of Shanny-Straka-Jagr ect.

In the end I would just love if we can get a chance to get 2 of Dubinsky, Immonen and Dawes on the roster. Not because they are young, but we really need some of the things especially Dubinsky and Dawes contributes with.

Last edited by Ola: 09-13-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote