HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers at WC 2013

Old
04-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Coffe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrot View Post
Wow, that's kind of expensive, I went to world cup in switzerland and I paid 150 EUR ( 195 $ ) a ticket for the "bronze" final between Sweden and Usa. Had pretty good seats, very close to the ice in center.

Don't waste your money, Swe will probaby get knocked out before
Well, it is the final and all the nosebleed seats are gone so it's that price or nothing. I know Sweden will be knocked out before that but I can still enjoy good hockey and hope for Russia and Canada.

Maybe I'll just go with my family to see Sweden beat the crap out of some blueberry nation, at least those tickets are cheaper...

Coffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:16 PM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

@SlavaMalamud
Sport-Express reports Bryzgalov has been guaranteed the No.1 spot on the World Champ team. Bobrovsky No. 2

OzFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:18 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
@SlavaMalamud
Sport-Express reports Bryzgalov has been guaranteed the No.1 spot on the World Champ team. Bobrovsky No. 2

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:26 PM
LegionOfDoom91

That's a bit of a head scratcher there. I'm guessing Bryz's international competition background won him the job over Bob.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Russian politics. No one really ever gets what's going on there.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Russian politics. No one really ever gets what's going on there.
They must have talked to Reese.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:14 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Canada would be stupid not to take Giroux and Stamkos for Sochi if they decided not to play in this tournament. The Staal Brothers while I think they make it. They could fit into that theory though.

Canada is the best hockey nation but even they struggle to convince their guys to go to this tournament every year. They usually get a couple of stars players to go and fill the rest of the roster out with solid players and up and comers. Similar to the US but Canada has more depth and more quality players than them.

The European countries take this way more serious than the US and Canada.
This isn't really true. Guys usually fall into to areas, one, if they're healthy they tend to go because they aren't ready for the season to end, or two, they aren't healthy or are exhausted and pass it up. Last year Crosby didn't go because he had played so much the previous years with the Olympics and long runs in the playoffs for a few years, then he came off his concussion. For this season since it's so short, I'm not surprised so many are going. They must be wondering what they're going to do with themselves considering they only had a 4 month season and it's over so fast.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:29 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud

Sport-Express reports Bryzgalov has been guaranteed the No.1 spot on the World Champ team. Bobrovsky No. 2. #Flyers #CBJ #PrettyInsaneHuh
Quote:
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud

Bryz wouldn't come unless guaranteed No. 1 spot. In my opinion, if he fails at Worlds, they will have the excuse not to invite him to Sochi
Nice. That's why I think he's not a team player.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:38 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
This isn't really true. Guys usually fall into to areas, one, if they're healthy they tend to go because they aren't ready for the season to end, or two, they aren't healthy or are exhausted and pass it up. Last year Crosby didn't go because he had played so much the previous years with the Olympics and long runs in the playoffs for a few years, then he came off his concussion. For this season since it's so short, I'm not surprised so many are going. They must be wondering what they're going to do with themselves considering they only had a 4 month season and it's over so fast.
That would kind of fall under having a tough time getting them to go.

Fact is the European countries take this way more serious than the US and Canada. Canada and USA's top players play in the NHL and the playoffs really limit both countries in this tournament.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-28-2013 at 07:43 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:07 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
@SlavaMalamud
Here is the quote from the Russian head coach Zinatula Billyaletdinov (my translation):

"There will be 2 goaltenders from the NHL , and either Barulin or Koshechkin from Russia for the third one. The choice is not simple. About Bryzgalov- he will definetly go. As for the other one, we have not decided yet between Bobrovsky and Varlamov

Source: R-Sport.ru

CSKA1974 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:30 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
@SlavaMalamud
Below is my translation of the exerpt from Sport-Express. ru article:

"As it became known to "SE", Ilya Bryzgalov will be a #1 goalie for the upcoming tournament. Bilyaletdinov had already personally spoken with Flyers goalkeeper.
According to our information, the head coach had promissed a spot on the team to the veteran and have received the agreement. Bilyaletdinov's reasoning is evident- to evaluate one of the most talented goalies for the spot on the Olympic roster.

It has to be said, that one of the spots on the Olympic team has been already guaranteed for one of the candidates. It's Semen Varlamov. If Bryzgalov plays well at the world championship, he may secure the other roster spot for himself.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:17 AM
tade

Bryzgalov and Bobrovsky together again, haha. Even more interesting that Bryz should be No. 1 and Bob No. 2 again like in the Flyers. It's already 9 players from Flyers organization at WC, great! Looking forward.

tade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:22 AM
BillDineen

But I thought Bryz was too tired and that he could not handle the pressure of Bob backing him up?

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:11 AM
SwedeInOrange

Erik Gustafsson is joining the swedish team

SwedeInOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeInOrange View Post
Erik Gustafsson is joining the swedish team
That is awesome for him

Read, and Gus with good performances could enhance their value.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:20 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
But I thought Bryz was too tired and that he could not handle the pressure of Bob backing him up?
It's really funny how different some European players are when their representing their country compared to playing for their NHL team

You see a lot of them do things they would never do in the NHL, like block shots, take hits, battle hard, etc...

Bryz complaining about being over-worked and tired during the season with the Flyers and to accept the invitation for play for Russia in the WC is a head scratcher, but not shocking at all

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:11 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
It's really funny how different some European players are when their representing their country compared to playing for their NHL team

You see a lot of them do things they would never do in the NHL, like block shots, take hits, battle hard, etc...

Bryz complaining about being over-worked and tired during the season with the Flyers and to accept the invitation for play for Russia in the WC is a head scratcher, but not shocking at all
Hardly.

a. He has time for R & R between now and then
b. he has personal and good relationship with the head coach
c. it's his only chance to audit for the team in Sochi. If he does not go to WC, he will not be on Olympic roster. (Varlamov has already secured one slot)

Last edited by CSKA1974: 04-29-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old
04-29-2013, 12:36 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
That is awesome for him

Read, and Gus with good performances could enhance their value.
We need Gus, outside of Kimmo he's the only pmd. Flyers no doubt will try to change that at the draft but whoever they pick mostly likely won't be ready to go or a little while.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
That would kind of fall under having a tough time getting them to go.

Fact is the European countries take this way more serious than the US and Canada. Canada and USA's top players play in the NHL and the playoffs really limit both countries in this tournament.
Actually, other countries are far more limited, especially the smaller ones. Canada has zero problems in getting a great lineup pretty much every year. They hardly ever get their best roster, but that is true for every country. Team USA has some really good and some really bad rosters, they just don't have the depth compared to Canada to make up for some losses.

Those who are really screwed are the countries who have a small number of really good players. In the case of Canada, if some of the best can't go, they still have elite players available, and if some of those can't go, they still have a lot of very good players they can use. But if Slovenia has to play without Kopitar or Austria without Vanek, they can only replace them with players who are hardly stars in Europe, much less on NHL-level. Same is true for other countries as well, like Germany. Germany could have a pretty good defense if everyone is on board, but Seidenberg is playing in the NHL-playoffs, Sulzer is injured and Holzer and Krueger are playing in the AHL. We have just three of our ten best defensemen available, and the difference between those and what is coming below them is worlds larger than the difference is for the big nations. Heck, the difference between Ehrhoff+Seidenberg and the ones behind them is already so huge that one of them not being availabe is absolutely devastating.

Not having their very few very good / elite players hurts these nations far more than the loss of even the best player does to the top nations.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Coffe

A couple of tickets opened up for the Canada game so I picked one up. Will be nice to see Matt Read on swedish soil once again even though this time it's in enemy lines.

Coffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:47 PM
tade

Great stuff for Gus, I wish him the best. It's a gold opportunity and experience for him to make a bigger name in his homeland, Sweden. I was told that not much people in Sweden knows about him. People there seems to be a bit underrating him.

By the way, Voracek will play on Czech top line as It was expected.
Tlusty - Hudler - Voracek.

Old
05-02-2013, 04:21 PM
CSKA1974

Bryzgalov's intervie to Sportbox.ru

Ilya Bryzgalov: "It is believed that I will be a definite number-one goalkeeper? This is wrong”

Philadelphia Flyers goalkeeper shared his first impressions after joining the Russian team in Finland.

- I was really and seriously tired, but I was given rest in the last days of the regular season. So I had time to recover

- It is believed that you will be definite number one for this championship.
- This is completely wrong. The team gathered many high class players, and all of them came to defend national colors.

- We are very concerned about your psychological state.
- It is normal; I specifically came here to gain positive emotions.

- But you had an impressive altercation with the Philadelphia journalists. That must be upsetting.
- Philadelphia journalists have not been very good to me; I do not pay much attention to them. Just told them what I thought about them.

- We thought that if you are not considered as number one on the a team, you would not have joned the team. But now there are you and Varlamov.
- I've never said those words, you probably invented them.

Old
05-03-2013, 10:35 AM
tade

Voracek scores with the blast on PP, 1 - 0 for CZE.

Old
05-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Anyone have an English stream? I've found plenty of other languages.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:42 PM
FlyersFan61290

CZE won 2-0.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote