*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 02:47 PM
coachfluffy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
And people think Rychel has big ego problems!
Libbs - Rocco has earned his ego though. He started with little and now owns big chunks of the city's plaza and strip malls.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachfluffy View Post
Libbs - Rocco has earned his ego though. He started with little and now owns big chunks of the city's plaza and strip malls.
No one "earns" an ego... come one man. It just shows he doesn't respect his roots... and I've had my fair share on run-ins with him to know his ego far exceeds that of Warren's.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
I sold OHLTG a ticket to come to London, nice guy...knows his hockey. We chirp our teams a bit but all good. A kid was at his first game beside me so I got him an autographed puck. Ive bought opposing fans a drink.
Good fans are out there, but you can have bad experiences too...just about anywhere.
Agree, theres a lot of great fans on every team and there are some bad ones, but to jus say you hate all the fans of that team is pretty ignorant IMO, you can hate the team(and I hate the Knights) but there nice people and I don't understand why some people can't have a normal hockey conversation with an opposing fan?

Old
04-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I log in to see if there's any new spitfire news now that it's offseason and its 21 pages of stupid bickering about crap. I hate you all so much. This forum was better when people actually talked about hockey, and not OHLTG's summer romances or Rayzor's mental problems.
I also feel dumber for having read through all that drivel.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:51 PM
hockeyboy4

while everyone is talking about rychel wanting out im hearing that its dobrich who is wanting out

Old
04-28-2013, 04:07 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
while everyone is talking about rychel wanting out im hearing that its dobrich who is wanting out
Now that its out there re Dobrich,my understanding is that he has sold his 15 per cent,as well another 15 has been purchased by same guy giving said person 30
per cent and that guy is John Savage owner of the Vipers,Canadiens and Southland Insurance

Old
04-28-2013, 04:19 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Now that its out there re Dobrich,my understanding is that he has sold his 15 per cent,as well another 15 has been purchased by same guy giving said person 30
per cent and that guy is John Savage owner of the Vipers,Canadiens and Southland Insurance
But why all this movement now Legend ? Is it the period where owners allow ownership changes and we keep hearing Erie stuff.

Old
04-28-2013, 04:31 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
But why all this movement now Legend ? Is it the period where owners allow ownership changes and we keep hearing Erie stuff.
Cant answer that one although in this case Boughner still owns 60% of the team

Old
04-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Ottomatic

So Boughner sold some of his share then? If Boughner is at 60% and Mr. Savage is at 30%, Warren now at 10%? Was BB always 60%, I thought he was higher than that.

So the Tullio rumor was false or is Boughner looking to get out? I assume the facebook/twitter rumor heard about a local hockey guy looking to buy in a large share and guessed Tullio - because said local hockey guy would need $2-3M to buy a sizable share.

Was Savage the secret member of the Windsor Mem. Cup bid committee?

I like the idea of Tullio better as he seems like he'd have more money to burn.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 04-28-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old
04-28-2013, 05:29 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Cant answer that one although in this case Boughner still owns 60% of the team
So if I read this correctly Boughner sells 15% and now sits at 60%,
Dobrich sells his 15%,
Rychel still owns 10%
and Savage sits at 30%.
Wonder if, after the OHL hands the 2014 Memorial Cup to London
Boughner & Rychel sell their shares......stranger things have happened and we should know the rest of the story inside of 2 weeks.....

Old
04-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Libbs

Boughner selling all his shares doesn't jive with me... not sure why he would want to do that.

Old
04-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Boughner selling all his shares doesn't jive with me... not sure why he would want to do that.
I think a lot of fans would hate Warren and bob for that, you had your glory days and you stayed and now that there's some bumps in the road you bail out? Sorry that won't sit right with me, why not get some motivation out of it an come back stronger?

Old
04-28-2013, 06:33 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Dobrich sells his 15%,
Rychel still owns 10%
and Savage sits at 30%.
Boughner & Rychel sell their shares......stranger things have happened and we should know the rest of the story inside of 2 weeks.....
Yes your numbers would be correct from what I understansd

Old
04-28-2013, 06:35 PM
coachfluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I think a lot of fans would hate Warren and bob for that, you had your glory days and you stayed and now that there's some bumps in the road you bail out? Sorry that won't sit right with me, why not get some motivation out of it an come back stronger?
Maybe they do not see any future success now that their past way is not available to them.

I can see Rychel wanting out to follow his boy, again. If Dobrich sells, maybe Boughner doesn't want to play without his friends anymore. He has probably been insulated from the day to day garbage and has no one else he can trusr as a buffer. And to keep an eye on Horne.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:39 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I can see why especially if one thinks the franchise may be devaluing,ie they paid
5.8 million for the francihise,meaning each per cent was worth 58,000,now it is worth
reportedly 95-100,00,so for 15 per cent Boughner gets 750,000 approx on top of the 58
grand he paid for each share
Its all about the cash,plus he still maintains controlling interest,get something while
while the iron is still hot,is what Im thinking

Old
04-28-2013, 07:21 PM
punch1943

Quote:
I can see why especially if one thinks the franchise may be devaluing,ie they paid
5.8 million for the francihise,meaning each per cent was worth 58,000,now it is worth
reportedly 95-100,00,so for 15 per cent Boughner gets 750,000 approx on top of the 58
grand he paid for each share
Its all about the cash,plus he still maintains controlling interest,get something while
while the iron is still hot,is what Im thinking
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. IMHO The ownership group got in at precisely the best time possible. The value of the team was at a low point and once they made the purchase things went very well for them what with the new arena arriving in fairly short order. The bottom line is and always should be the almighty $$$. I doubt if BB gives two hoots in hell that some of the fans are grumbling.( I know if it was my $$$ invested that's what I'd be looking after).
They say timing is everything and IMHO the timing is ripe for them to turn a tidy profit and get out before things slow down somewhat as it probably will once the OHL makes their 2014 Memorial Cup decision.
If you were a betting person would you put your money on rising profits in the coming year or two. I suspect not.
I certainly wouldn't blame them if they decide to move on.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Ottomatic

Boughner bought the team to make himself headcoach and leapfrog up the coaching ranks with designs on coaching in the NHL. If he sells his share would he be kept on as coach? Would he go head coach somewhere else?

He's spinning his wheels here coaching a rebuilding team, he might figure to go catch on somewhere else as an assistant in the NHL and put in his time there for three years, rather than coaching a rebuild here for the next three years.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:34 PM
dogfan

A question for Windsor fans. Would the same group be interested in selling the Spitfires and buying another OHL team? If Sarnia is for sale, as has been speculated, that is a market that has proven it can fill the building and I don't think you'll find it at a lower price then now.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:05 PM
RayzorIsDull

Apologies to all for getting my personal dislike get in the way of discussion. I wouldn't mind jughead contributing more but as of now it depends on the eye of the beholder if you consider these rumors news. I just see it as Dobrich wanting to divest and if he's getting more back than what he put in then it's a win for him. Dobrich hasn't been noticeable around the arena so this isn't much of a surprise. Nobody really makes money with business or franchises without selling their share and this might have been the time for Dobrich. I heard the Savage stuff and not the Tullio stuff. Still not sure if you will even have any type of announcement with this. Savage is certainly very active in the community and that could be a plus for the organization but overall I am not sure it will amount to much.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:53 PM
coachfluffy

Rayzor - the main difference is that Savage must have more people skills. He deals with people every day in business and has built his rep and bankroll on hard work rather than on beating people up.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:15 PM
spitz fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Dobrich sells his 15%,
Rychel still owns 10%
and Savage sits at 30%.
from what i heard a couple of weeks ago is that, dobrich is a done deal, rychel soon to follow, and boughner may be off to nhl again, within the year, depending on mem cup

Old
04-29-2013, 07:37 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Rayzor - the main difference is that Savage must have more people skills. He deals with people every day in business and has built his rep and bankroll on hard work rather than on beating people up.
I am not sure that's fair to Dobrich. Savage obviously has a lot of money but taking on 30% of the team is quite costly and if the day comes when Rychel and Boughner leave can Savage financially handle the responsibility of a junior hockey team? Certainly costs more money to run a junior hockey team as opposed to a Jr B and Jr C franchise.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:06 PM
coachfluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I am not sure that's fair to Dobrich. Savage obviously has a lot of money but taking on 30% of the team is quite costly and if the day comes when Rychel and Boughner leave can Savage financially handle the responsibility of a junior hockey team? Certainly costs more money to run a junior hockey team as opposed to a Jr B and Jr C franchise.
Sorry, I muddled up my thinking there. I like Pete. I was referring to Rychel.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:08 PM
coachfluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitz fan 4ever View Post
from what i heard a couple of weeks ago is that, dobrich is a done deal, rychel soon to follow, and boughner may be off to nhl again, within the year, depending on mem cup
Rychel is just hanging around for appearances for the selection committee.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:42 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Rychel is just hanging around for appearances for the selection committee.
With the other two contenders going at it for the OHA championship it puts the Spits further back (if that's possible) in the pecking order.

Couple things I'm wondering about....anybody know who the Spits took to the selection presentation... supposedly a surprise.

The other thing that doesn't fit...why did Boughner & Rychel go to the U-18's in Russia if they are possible sellers? (A costly trip) Unless it was to make contacts for future employment ops....

and lastly....the timing of the change of the Spits U.S. scout makes one think he knew about upcoming ownership moves...

Closed Thread