HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT GDT: Ottawa vs Boston, 7pm

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Lucic is a rare breed of player and can be a force when he decides to play. His first 2 or 3 years in the NHL he was a nightmare to play against but it seems he as toned it down some since then IMO.

Id say most Hab fans dislike him simply because he plays for the Bruins and because he's a very good player. I'd say the same can be said for PK Subban and Bruin fans.
Lucic is a pos. He is overpaid. He is a 4th line player that was put on the 1st line in Boston. He was moved to the 4th line then benched. He is garbage. Glad people even in his organization saw him for what he was. Overpaid for years. LOVE IT!

Old
04-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
This is something I have been starting to realize lately. I have always had a stronger hatred for the Bruins. My dad was a Bruins fan and he would torment me to no end whenever the B's ousted the habs in the playoffs. So because of that I grew up despising the Bruins. And I always thought the Habs/Leafs rivalry was more something CBC was keeping alive. But now that I think about it, I dont live in Boston. There are a good deal of B's fans up here, but far more Toronto fans.
Yeah, and it's not like you can just avoid HF to get away from them. Two of my closest friends are hardcore Leafs fans. I don't want to have to kill them!

Old
04-28-2013, 07:09 PM
ZARTONK
The Markov effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgy View Post
Thanks! I wasn't able to find one...

Old
04-28-2013, 07:11 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I want the Bruins-Leaf matchup just to confuse the CBC homers on who to root for.
that would be funny to watch some guys are gonna have to drop a team, the entire staff loves both teams, interesting to see

Old
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
I dislike the bruin fans because it seems the have a fight win>game win mentality

Old
ZARTONK
The Markov effect

It's more important for me for Boston and Toronto to play each other in the first round than anything else at this point.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:12 PM
FireBergevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I asked Marchand how it felt to get completely destroyed by PK a couple years back and he says "I make more money in a week than you do in a year". I said "I figured you would say something like that as you are a piece of ****." He flipped me off and left. 100% true story
That sounds like the most made up thing ever.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Maliki2

Thorton cant believe he got the call...BAHAHAHA!

Old
04-28-2013, 07:14 PM
ZARTONK
The Markov effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
Loll true!

Old
Et le But

I almost wish we could play the Bruins in the first round (as a mod..not as much). The team seems mentally fragile. On the other hand, the Sens are built for the playoffs. I think we are better than them (especially if Spezza is still out), but they will take pretty much anyone to at least 6 games.

I'd love Lucic on the Habs. He's also become one of the most overrated players in the NHL. Being a second line winger who is physically imposing and can fight heavyweights makes him unique yes, but I really don't see what's so "amazing about him. He hit 30 goals once...shooting 17 percent. In something of an exploitation role too.

Is a ~25 goal power forward worth his weight in gold? Sure, but when I see Lucic on lists of "great power forwards" next to Iginla and Neely I laugh. He's closer to Clowe than Neely. And it's not just Bruins fans guilty of this, size-obsessed Habs fans might be even worse at putting Lucic on a pedestal. Both his skill and toughness is inconsistent. He also tends to be a liability against the Habs. He's no Bergeron, that's for sure.

Old
sheed36

2 minutes for embellishment to the ref..

Old
FranksterQc

Julie's whining paying off...

Old
04-28-2013, 07:15 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Yeah, and it's not like you can just avoid HF to get away from them. Two of my closest friends are hardcore Leafs fans. I don't want to have to kill them!
This is why I think, the Habs/Leafs rivalry could eclipse the one with Boston given the right circumstances. I used to say I wouldn't care. And I think most people for the past few years (myself included) would choose Boston as our archrival. But a major reason for that is we have never taken the Leafs seriously for years. I think the right circumstances could change that very quickly.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
It's more important for me for Boston and Toronto to play each other in the first round than anything else at this point.
I'm with you on this my friend

Boston vs Toronto is the 1st round match up i want to see the most this year.

Old
Teufelsdreck

I enjoyed this period immensely. I can't sat the Sens outplayed the Bruins territorially, but did they come off the ice feeling good about themselves! They scored the only goal after making a fool of Boychuk. Chris Neil did wonders for their morale (and mine) by taking a rampaging Cheech (who must have thought he was in a corrida) off for 5 minutes without receiving worse than he gave. Bravo! I also got a frisson from watching Spearnose lose his cool at the end.

Old
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
It's interesting to think where the Habs-Leafs rivalry would be if the leafs remained competitive consistently since expansion. Boston and Montreal always hated eachother, but it helped that each team kept winning and contending for quite some time to keep the fire stoked.

Old
ZARTONK
The Markov effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
2 minutes for embellishment to the ref..
It seems as though my stream is a few seconds late.. Saw your post, then a few seconds later the ref falling.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:17 PM
MJG

Hoping the result holds. Lots of tickets still available in Ottawa. I would love to take over that building for a playoff game.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:18 PM
bdawg1989*

Go Sens Go !

Old
04-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Lucic is a pos. He is overpaid. He is a 4th line player that was put on the 1st line in Boston. He was moved to the 4th line then benched. He is garbage. Glad people even in his organization saw him for what he was. Overpaid for years. LOVE IT!
Yes, 4th line players can produce 50-60 points a year.

No wonder other team's fans hate us..

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
It's interesting to think where the Habs-Leafs rivalry would be if the leafs remained competitive consistently since expansion. Boston and Montreal always hated eachother, but it helped that each team kept winning and contending for quite some time to keep the fire stoked.
I think the real rivalry may have been against Ottawa assuming the Sens stayed competitive during that time too.

Those Leafs - Sens playoffs series of the early 2000's were awesome even if the Sens got owned most of the time despite having a better team on paper. Roberts was an absolute Sens killer

Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
we are both from Nova Scotia he is from Sackville and I am from Fall River. These towns are very close. I also played against him a few times as well.

If it sounds so made up then i guess thats a good thing! Means I didn't doctor the story to make it believable. Cause its true why would I make it up? LOL

Oh and "firebergevin" when have you ever had anything logical or nice to say to anyone other than bringing your piss mood here all the time.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:20 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
I think the real rivalry may have been against Ottawa assuming the Sens stayed competitive during that time too.

Those Leafs - Sens playoffs series of the early 2000's were awesome even if the Sens got owned most of the time despite having a better team on paper. Roberts was an absolute Sens killer
That's a good point. Maybe it would be about the same as now.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:21 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
It's interesting to think where the Habs-Leafs rivalry would be if the leafs remained competitive consistently since expansion.
I always thought of it as a more historic rivalry. But you know what, it has not really died. It is still there. Think about it.

My brother actually follows the Leafs because he cheers against them. I have never felt that serious about them. But I do know that when they beat us in a regular season game a lot of Leaf fans will be on your back. But it's always been easy to put that out of mind because you can always think well 'who cares they dont even make the playoffs'. But if you know how bad it can be to go to work after losing to the leafs in the regular season.....imagine if...

A lot of habs fans say they dont care about the Leafs rivalry. But there are a lot of Hab fans who do. And there are a lot of Leaf fans who do. So, this rivalry really does exist. All it needs is a spark.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I asked Marchand how it felt to get completely destroyed by PK a couple years back and he says "I make more money in a week than you do in a year". I said "I figured you would say something like that as you are a piece of ****." He flipped me off and left. 100% true story
Dude. I don't even know why, but I can't stop laughing.

Closed Thread