HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 01:26 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Yes, McCarron does remind me of Wilson in a good way.

Desrosiers probably raised his stock considerably this week.
I hope he's still there for the Habs pick in the 3rd round.. I don't think he will, though.

Old
04-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I hope he's still there for the Habs pick in the 3rd round.. I don't think he will, though.
Most projections seem to have him in the mid to late 2nd...based on that a guy worth targetting with our 2nd, but guys like that tend to be reached for.

Old
04-28-2013, 01:57 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Most projections seem to have him in the mid to late 2nd...based on that a guy worth targetting with our 2nd, but guys like that tend to be reached for.
Kerby Rychel
Ian McCoshen
Emile Poirier
Michael McCarron
Matt Murphy
Eric Comrie/Tristan Jarry/Phillippe Desrosiers

Good? K, bye

Old
04-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Just think of how much we're going to increase our prospect depth, assuming we keep all of our picks.

We should get some solid, solid players with our first 4 picks..maybe even our first 6.

04-28-2013, 02:30 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The beat goes on as the dream of the Habs finally getting the last few draftees they need for " The Dynasty of this Millenium ". Hayden looking to be the center of interest for McCarron & Ty Hill, three project power forward types the Habs will infuse into a lineup with Samuel Morin and Johnathan Ismael-Diaby. Carrier, Clapperton and Cammarata filling the bill for the 2013 Entry Draft. This draft gives the Habs both size,skill,skating,toughness and leadership with every choice, small size with Clapperton & Cammarata which is made up for in desire,speed and skills to die for.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The beat goes on as the dream of the Habs finally getting the last few draftees they need for " The Dynasty of this Millenium ". Hayden looking to be the center of interest for McCarron & Ty Hill, three project power forward types the Habs will infuse into a lineup with Samuel Morin and Johnathan Ismael-Diaby. Carrier, Clapperton and Cammarata filling the bill for the 2013 Entry Draft. This draft gives the Habs both size,skill,skating,toughness and leadership with every choice, small size with Clapperton & Cammarata which is made up for in desire,speed and skills to die for.
No small size players, please. We have plenty in the system already. Time to draft bigger-taller players especially wingers and D-Men.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
No small size players, please. We have plenty in the system already. Time to draft bigger-taller players especially wingers and D-Men.
Our 90s picks were based on size, great success !

I want McCarron and Tyler Hill (because they have potential, especially McCarron), that's for sure, but if we can nab Petan on the way, damn yeah ! Look at Winnipeg, they sure are successful, and they're one of the biggest team in the league...

Old
04-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
BPA >>>>>>> all else.

Size is a factor in determining BPA, but you don't draft Jonathan-Ismael Diaby over Artturi Lehkonen because of size obsession, sorry. McCarron would be a great fit, for size and other reasons, but that's still not an excuse to reach for him in a deep draft like this.

(I'd take Diaby in the third round though!)

Old
04-28-2013, 03:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Question for those who follow more closely than me, would you take Matteau (from last year) or this year's Mantha?

Old
04-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Question for those who follow more closely than me, would you take Matteau (from last year) or this year's Mantha?
I'm no Q expert and haven't closely followed either, but Matteau is far more physical/mean, Mantha has higher end skill. I don't think Mantha comes close to Matteau's physical edge at all, for better and worse.

The Habs could probably use Matteau more as Mantha is inconsistent and closer to a Pacioretty type than a power forward. Mantha could be anything from a Pacioretty to a bigger Ryder to Pouliot 2.0, most likely the middle one. It would be very hard to root for Matteau though, he's a ****.

Last edited by Et le But: 04-28-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old
04-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Prospector

Quote:
Mantha, more offensive upside, very intriguing package.. Though, if Matteau can get his head straight he could become a very effective, nasty 2nd-3rd line Power Forward.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Mantha for sure.

Matteau won't be more than a 3rd liner and the whole being kicked off his team just looks bad.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:15 PM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Canada is up 3-2 after 2. Not playing a good game, but they've been opportunistic.

McCarron was a beast on the sequence that led to his goal. Wow.

Dauphin has been our best forward.

Really like Madison Bowey. Should go in round 1.

Gauthier with the go ahead goal on a strong wrister after a nice pass by Baptiste and good work by Laplante. Baptiste has really impressed me the last 2 games, far more consistent than what That was reporting.
Before these two games where he was very good, Baptiste had tough games. But when he is on, he is unstopable. Game to game consistency is still a question mark to me. Laplante wasn't as good as I thought he would be. He didn't showed the great offensive flashes he showed this season with the PEI Rockets. He took some bad penalties. But he was fast, gritty and very good defensively. He was one of the few PEI players who didn't chock in the playoff. He will be the next PEI captain imo.

I'm sold on Dillon Heatherington. He has everything. He is so smart. He is big and physical. He is a good skater and a good passer. I don't see how he can't be a NHLer.

Old
04-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Matteu is a bagner with average skill. Mantha is a sniper with good size, they are completely different players.

Old
04-28-2013, 06:27 PM
ClasslessGuy

I like zykov

Old
04-28-2013, 06:30 PM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
I like zykov
And samuel noreau

Old
04-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just finished watching the U-18 tournament, and here's my thoughts based also on my viewings of those players during the year...

- Dauphin is just an awesome smart player. I would pick him in the 1st.

- Gauthier had an awesome solid game. Will be picked in the first round but seriously...what if it comes down to Gauthier vs Dauphin?

- Really solid outing from Desrosiers. Needs to be considered starting in round 3. Not before. There will be better players before.

- I love Heatherington and Bowey. Bowey will become a special player. Top of 2nd at least for Madison. But I'd pick him late 1st for sure.

- Morin was really solid. Theodore had his very good moments. Bigras was fine as well.

We need to be careful on our analysis though. Not the same ice that they will be playing from now on. Some players didn't look good skating wise mostly based on the surface.

My best players for the US were Santini and Compher. But I also liked Lewis and Hayden. Hayden was a favorite of mine this year. Quieter today, but watch him from now on. McCarron...well he's so much bigger than everybody else. Still impressive to see him handle the puck...but I have "some" reservations as far as his upside.

Old
04-28-2013, 07:42 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
No, lottery is only for the first round.
Thanks to you and others for the info

Old
04-28-2013, 07:48 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
I'd take Matteau. As much as he's been a headcase and taking bonehead penalties, the guy could be a Wayne Simmonds type of guy and physically he's not too far from the NHL ( We all know how much Habs fans on hf would love to have a Simmonds type player on the roster).

I haven't seen too much of Mantha but from what I know, he's not that much of a need since we already have skilled players ( Bozon, Collberg, Kristo) although they don't have his size but we have MaxPac & Bourque and to some extent Ryder.

Basically as I see it, Mantha is probably the BPA, but Matteau would not only fill a need but he'd give us a better chance to win.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just finished watching the U-18 tournament, and here's my thoughts based also on my viewings of those players during the year...

- Gauthier had an awesome solid game. Will be picked in the first round but seriously...what if it comes down to Gauthier vs Dauphin?

- Really solid outing from Desrosiers. Needs to be considered starting in round 3. Not before. There will be better players before.

- I love Heatherington and Bowey. Bowey will become a special player. Top of 2nd at least for Madison. But I'd pick him late 1st for sure.

- Morin was really solid. Theodore had his very good moments. Bigras was fine as well.

We need to be careful on our analysis though. Not the same ice that they will be playing from now on. Some players didn't look good skating wise mostly based on the surface.

My best players for the US were Santini and Compher. But I also liked Lewis and Hayden. Hayden was a favorite of mine this year. Quieter today, but watch him from now on. McCarron...well he's so much bigger than everybody else. Still impressive to see him handle the puck...but I have "some" reservations as far as his upside.
Who would you pick between those two?

Old
04-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Gauthier and Dauphin to me have similar skills except Gauthier is bigger and will be a better skater. Probably also better defensively.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

One guy nobody ever brings us and who has a nice blend of skill and grit is Boureau-Paquin. He's kind of skinny right now similar to Dauphin but should finish growing at 6' 190-195. I could see us taking him with one of our 3rds.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Hansman

I watched that gold medal game and wow ,lots of talent to behold.
I was impressed with Santini and Compher.I would like to see Compher in our system.
Laurent Dauphin was really good and I sure liked Chris Bigras game.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:13 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Yes, McCarron does remind me of Wilson in a good way.

Desrosiers probably raised his stock considerably this week.
McCarron has a question mark on his fighting abilities though, that's what sets Wilson apart.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Who would you pick between those two?
As of now....I'm stuck. I want to keep the rights to NOT make a comment at this time.... Still have tons of PVR games to watch, archives games on the net etc. My mind tells me to go with the big guy, who will be a force defensively, who is smart and so on....but my "other" mind tells me that Dauphin will end up a bigger scorer and more offensive minded player.

Then comes Emile Poirier and I'm most definately all screwed up.

Actually this year....I hope other teams, NOT NAMED THE BRUINS OR LEAFS, will end up picking guys I want for our team so it makes our choice easier....But we all know that those 2 freakin teams, mostly the Bruins, will end up picking our guy. You see Gauthier, and you are most definately sure he's going to end up being a Bruins. I mean, not only Bruins are good at drafting but somehow, you feel they like trolling at the same time. That's one reason why I didn't want the Sens to win tonight....

Closed Thread