HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas Moving into the Top 5

Old
04-28-2013, 05:25 PM
stoff

vCash: 500
Edmonton would be willing to move down i believe if they could get a good piece. Word is that they love Lazar and he is pegged to be around 20th. Depending on outcome of playoffs Boston's 1st and Daley for the 7th??

stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Never mind stuff like Oleksiak + 10th... people need to look at actual trades for an idea of the cost... HF loves to overvalue unused picks but downgrade drafted players...

For example to move from 12 to 8 cost the Sharks all of a 2nd and a 7th... in this case 10 to 5-6 I would guess that pick + BOS 1st would be sufficient

Now for teams who be open to it... what about the Flames??? yes there is the question of quality vs quantity but Calgary does not really have either right now in the prospect pool... trade down for a late 1st and Calgary would pick like this:

CGY- 10th
STL- 16th-20th
PIT- 25th-30th
BOS- 25th-30th

That is a bounty for such a deep round... can fill many holes...
What year are you talking about SJ?

Not all drafts are the same, and not all moves are the same. For instance, moving 5 spots from 24 to 19 is easier than from 6 to 1. Also, a lot depends on perceived tiers of the draft. There are 5 guys in this draft who are perceived to be franchise players. In some years there are one or 2. In some years there isn't much difference between 5 and 10. There is this year, thus using another year as a basis doesn't really work.

Again, the problem is you have to find a team that wants to give up a chance at Lindholm, Nichushkin or Nurse in order to get a guy like Shinkaruk or Ristolainen. There may be a team out there willing to do that, but I don't see anyone here in the top 5 who wants to move down.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:57 PM
western redmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Feaster might be stupid enough to trade down from 6th to 10th.
What has Feaster actually done that is "stupid"? The o'reilly fiasco? The thing didnt happen so move on. The iggy and jaybo trade? Why are you judging that when the 2 biggest pieces of the trades (1st) have yet to show themselves

western redmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:32 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
So it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Edmonton would be willing to move down i believe if they could get a good piece. Word is that they love Lazar and he is pegged to be around 20th. Depending on outcome of playoffs Boston's 1st and Daley for the 7th??
Would love that for the Stars. We need to move a defender anyway and that could probably be Daley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by western redmen View Post
What has Feaster actually done that is "stupid"? The o'reilly fiasco? The thing didnt happen so move on. The iggy and jaybo trade? Why are you judging that when the 2 biggest pieces of the trades (1st) have yet to show themselves
Stupid might not have been the best word. But let's be real here, it's not too crazy of an idea (definitely not a stupid one), and it would most likely be of benefit to Calgary and Dallas both going forward.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
In a heartbeat. But I dont think Edmonton would be willing to drop 20 spots in the draft in exchange for a small 30 year old #3/4 d-man.

-Vagrant
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Dominic Roussel
Adios HF

vCash: 970
Quote:
I was thinking the stupidity was the fact that there has been a refusal to rebuild the franchise until this point to where there was little returned for Iginla and nothing at all for Kipper, both of which could've had quite a return a season or two ago.

The Flames seem to be in the position the Stars were in just a couple of seasons ago with their reluctance to look ahead to the future and thus we've had 5 seasons of no playoffs while our GM attempts to set us up for the future.

I'd like the Flames to be competitive and thus, I hope they replace Feaster with someone who actually will make moves to improve the team for the future.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough2PlayAgainst View Post
I was thinking the stupidity was the fact that there has been a refusal to rebuild the franchise until this point to where there was little returned for Iginla and nothing at all for Kipper, both of which could've had quite a return a season or two ago.

The Flames seem to be in the position the Stars were in just a couple of seasons ago with their reluctance to look ahead to the future and thus we've had 5 seasons of no playoffs while our GM attempts to set us up for the future.

I'd like the Flames to be competitive and thus, I hope they replace Feaster with someone who actually will make moves to improve the team for the future.
Might want to know what you are talking about b4 you try to sound all knowing, the lack of rebuild in cgy has little to do with the gm... but hey why let whats the real facts get in the way..

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:19 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
Id consider dealing the lightning pick for the right price
Agreed. A young, good and NHL ready defenseman needs to be involved for me to consider it though. Especially if it's top 3. If we win the lottery then no.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
This is a good point. I don't think adding our 2nds/potentially Boston's 1st does much for a team that already holds 3 1st round picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
And what person just got fired?

Keep hanging on to that cup win, im sure you're due for another soon...
Why do you think they play these games?

And since you went there, how many fans think the Flames are closer to a Cup than the Stars? Our NHL team is better and younger, while our prospects are ranked higher according to HF.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Which might be what?
If its a top 3 pick, would cost your 1st plus a young dman.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohlow View Post
Eriksson straight up. Put him on a wing with Stamkos, and you have yourself a 90 point scorer. Will replace St Louis after he retires, too.
We need defense. Preferably the cheap+young variety. We are good on offense

Old
04-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Pohlow

Quote:
We need defense. Preferably the cheap+young variety. We are good on offense
Well how good are your forwards at defense? Eriksson is on the most cap friendly contract you can imagine, and is the best 2-way winger in the game (or top 3, at the very least).

I think the fact that the cap is going down, having such a talented player only hurting you for 4.25m for the next 3 years after this season really ups his value.

Pohlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Dominic Roussel
Adios HF

vCash: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
Might want to know what you are talking about b4 you try to sound all knowing, the lack of rebuild in cgy has little to do with the gm... but hey why let whats the real facts get in the way..
Thank you for taking my speculation to heart and providing an actual response, rather than just taking the opportunity to sling mud.

If I was mistaken in my take on situation I'd love to hear what the situation really was because I really have no ill will toward the Flames, I'd just like them to not become a team like the Leafs who went nowhere for a long time.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
You can have Larsen, but I'd like a forward back... how about Killorn? Or is he on the do not want to move list?

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Well how good are your forwards at defense? Eriksson is on the most cap friendly contract you can imagine, and is the best 2-way winger in the game (or top 3, at the very least).

I think the fact that the cap is going down, having such a talented player only hurting you for 4.25m for the next 3 years after this season really ups his value.
I agree with you, Im not saying eriksson isn't a great talent. But it isn't about how good eriksson is, its about whether we will be in this same position next season if we deal our best asset for him instead of fixing our weak areas. If we dont find a cheap top 4 next season we probably wont make the playoffs.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:07 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
And what person just got fired?
This is a weird argument. If Nieuwendyk hadn't been fired does that make him better? No, it makes him an ok GM whose team couldn't hire a better person for the job. Hint, there's a chance your team could be in that same scenario.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
I don't consider it a malice firing, it's a "take the summer off and come back in a different capacity more suited for you for next season" move.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:09 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
If its a top 3 pick, would cost your 1st plus a young dman.
Which young defenseman? Dillon and our 1st?

Old
04-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Pohlow

Quote:
I agree with you, Im not saying eriksson isn't a great talent. But it isn't about how good eriksson is, its about whether we will be in this same position next season if we deal our best asset for him instead of fixing our weak areas. If we dont find a cheap top 4 next season we probably wont make the playoffs.
what about Daley or Robidas? They are both serviceable top 4 Dmen.

Something around Eriksson + Daley(Or Robi) for 3rd overall + something

Pohlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Which young defenseman? Dillon and our 1st?
From 12 to 3. Dont think we are on the same page

Old
04-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
what about Daley or Robidas? They are both serviceable top 4 Dmen.

Something around Eriksson + Daley(Or Robi) for 3rd overall + something
I like robidas...but id want a young top 4. Without arguing value, Morrow fits and probably the only guy id want from dallas that fits our needs.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:21 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
From 12 to 3. Dont think we are on the same page
Help me get on the same page then...

Old
04-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
I like robidas...but id want a young top 4. Without arguing value, Morrow fits and probably the only guy id want from dallas that fits our needs.
I would certainly do Morrow +10th for the 3rd, but that isn't nearly enough. I would add one of Larsen (young but sophomore slump), Daley (dependable, in his prime, and under contract at a good number for a while) or Robidas (older but still Dallas' #1, 1 more year under contract) to that package for sure.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
I would certainly do Morrow +10th for the 3rd, but that isn't nearly enough. I would add one of Larsen (young but sophomore slump), Daley (dependable, in his prime, and under contract at a good number for a while) or Robidas (older but still Dallas' #1, 1 more year under contract) to that package for sure.
Yep, value can be made up in picks. Morrow+10th is a good meat and potatoes offer that I would consider

Old
04-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Help me get on the same page then...
Id want olek/morrow back