HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

(3) Washington Capitals VS (6) New York Rangers (Schedule in Post #1)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-28-2013, 07:52 PM
  #351
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
They've been red hot, but the Rangers have been as well lately. This is gonna be a good series (albeit it maybe boring).
I dunno, man. Less scoring in the playoffs makes it have more intensity. A goal scoring explosion series like the Pens-Flyers season last season is only fun once in a while. Doesn't feel like playoff hockey. Just my opinion.

Florida Ranger is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 07:54 PM
  #352
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
I'm assuming the schedule will come out tonight after the Sens/Bruins game? Or tomorrow?

Florida Ranger is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 07:55 PM
  #353
Lindberg Cheese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
Amazing

Just got off the Caps page. Their fans make Devils fans look objective and knowledgable. You would think they're talking about a 70 pt team that wasnt gifted a 3 seed and played in an NHL division. A coupla points:
1. Main strategy seems to be hitting our D (ok) and running Hank (nice strategy for a "superior" team)
2. They have 2nd round match ups already mapped
3. They believe Milbury picking them is good
4. Callahan is apparently a "diver" and thats all he does
obviously both teams playing well and series may come down to bounces but i smell success. Must be nice to make bold predictions and easily shift over to baseball season without a second thought when it doesnt pan out. I pray the hockey gods do not let this impertinance go.

Lindberg Cheese is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 07:59 PM
  #354
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,174
vCash: 500
was is just me reading it wrong or were some caps fans trying to argue backstrom>stamkos

Dactyl is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:02 PM
  #355
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 500
An important question no one has asked:

When will Stu Bickel be reinserted to provide his 3 minutes of awesomeness?

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:04 PM
  #356
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
An important question no one has asked:

When will Stu Bickel be reinserted to provide his 3 minutes of awesomeness?
staal comes back. eminger out. torts feels we dont have enough jam and takes out moore for bickel.

Dactyl is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:06 PM
  #357
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
I really, really hope Stepan lights the world on fire this series so I can go back into that main board and shove it all in their faces while saying "i told you so."

3rd Guy High is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:08 PM
  #358
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,174
vCash: 500
stepan has been unstoppable recently i really hope it translates into the playoffs

Dactyl is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:12 PM
  #359
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 400
Can't wait to crush these fools. Getting all cocky after barely squeaking in while they are in the weakest division. Lets do this!

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:14 PM
  #360
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Capitals fans are only rivaled in stupidity by Penguins fans. (I wonder what these fanbases have in common!) at least Devils fans show some hockey knowledge once in a blue moon.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:15 PM
  #361
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 400
Those snitches on the Caps board lol, omg! A rangers fan said Stepan>Backstrom! It can't be guys! Backstrom is on our team! He's a 100 point center guys! Remember 5 years ago?

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:16 PM
  #362
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
God this series talk has made me remember why I hate the Caps fans so much. Cocky arrogant bandwagoners, much like Pens fans. Every year we play them in the playoffs the arrogance comes out, I just shake my head at some of the drivel I hear on the main board.

MrEctions is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:18 PM
  #363
schabadoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg Cheese View Post
Just got off the Caps page. Their fans make Devils fans look objective and knowledgable. You would think they're talking about a 70 pt team that wasnt gifted a 3 seed and played in an NHL division. A coupla points:
1. Main strategy seems to be hitting our D (ok) and running Hank (nice strategy for a "superior" team)
2. They have 2nd round match ups already mapped
3. They believe Milbury picking them is good
4. Callahan is apparently a "diver" and thats all he does
obviously both teams playing well and series may come down to bounces but i smell success. Must be nice to make bold predictions and easily shift over to baseball season without a second thought when it doesnt pan out. I pray the hockey gods do not let this impertinance go.
The Callahan diving and running Hank talk comes across pretty childish. Maybe kids posting on the weekend?

schabadoo is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:18 PM
  #364
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,068
vCash: 500
You should all just put that thread on ignore, seriously, it will be better for your mental health. I want to read about the other matchups in the Playoff section but I don't want to see the pissing match that's going to happen again. This is why I wanted the Bruins, new fanbase that we don't know yet in the playoffs. Plus, they're actually knowledgeable.

I'm so glad we don't have Bickel on our third pairing this year. I cannot stress that enough. And even though he's been pretty solid for us down the stretch trading out Eminger for Staal would be great.

Affinity is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:20 PM
  #365
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I'm assuming the schedule will come out tonight after the Sens/Bruins game? Or tomorrow?
Hopefully tonight. We should be opening in wash on Tuesday. Knicks have a potential game 7 at msg on Sunday.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:27 PM
  #366
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,470
vCash: 500
just pissing my pants until the puck drops. It's that magical time of the year.

Cresto is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:31 PM
  #367
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
God this series talk has made me remember why I hate the Caps fans so much. Cocky arrogant bandwagoners, much like Pens fans. Every year we play them in the playoffs the arrogance comes out, I just shake my head at some of the drivel I hear on the main board.
try living down here when they play each other.

I read through most of that main threat but had to skip the 10 pages of arguments about Backstrom and Stepan.

truebluegoalie is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:33 PM
  #368
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
You should all just put that thread on ignore, seriously, it will be better for your mental health. I want to read about the other matchups in the Playoff section but I don't want to see the pissing match that's going to happen again. This is why I wanted the Bruins, new fanbase that we don't know yet in the playoffs. Plus, they're actually knowledgeable.

I'm so glad we don't have Bickel on our third pairing this year. I cannot stress that enough. And even though he's been pretty solid for us down the stretch trading out Eminger for Staal would be great.
After spending an entire hockey season living in Mass, be careful what you wish for.

Oh and I apologize for the agony I might have cost anyone that read that main thread. I enjoy stirring the pot every once and a while

3rd Guy High is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:52 PM
  #369
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Where is the damn schedule???

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:55 PM
  #370
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Where is the damn schedule???
11 pm

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:55 PM
  #371
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 400
Isles get what they wished for in the Pens. Maybe biting off a little more than they can chew. Good luck to e, anyway.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:59 PM
  #372
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
God this series talk has made me remember why I hate the Caps fans so much. Cocky arrogant bandwagoners, much like Pens fans. Every year we play them in the playoffs the arrogance comes out, I just shake my head at some of the drivel I hear on the main board.
Most of them didn't even know they had a team until ovechkin showed up. I despise Pens fans too but at least that team has actually won something.

McDonaghisGod is online now  
Old
04-28-2013, 08:59 PM
  #373
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Capitals/Rangers may not start until Thursday in Washington.
https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN/statu...89249887088643

Some people were concerned about Henrik not getting rest? Thursday gives him 4 days off. Today was a complete day off.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 09:02 PM
  #374
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,736
vCash: 500
Gord Miller has all the info

https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 09:04 PM
  #375
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,628
vCash: 500
THURSDAY!?!?

Why? I don't want to wait that long

silverfish is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.