Bruins vs. Ottawa II - Points Were At A Premium

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Tim O'Reilly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
Staggering amount of Karlsson ballwashing by the Ottawa broadcast crew.
Was there ever! Dean Brown is a clown that should be doing only CFL games and rug commericals.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Toronto has some fighters that will play hard and dirty unless you fight them, do we risk not playing Thornton?

would be a shame not to play Daugavins, he has been one of our better energy players lately, but in the playoffs we need to see all of our guys play with that kind of energy, or we are done
Good points WH. In this series, I think you'll see Thornton playing with Daugavins and Peverley sitting, and if Thornton is contributing physically, or matching up with a guy of the likes of Colton Orr, you may see Soderberg with a short leash first.

Old
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
We played a great game today. I don't know how you can be upset with anything other than the result.
I am bothered by the fact that the team can't score.

Can't win hockey games if you do not put the puck behind the net.

Old
nords1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Only in our dreams.

Old
04-28-2013, 08:59 PM
howaryuh

Funny how this thread and the leaf's thread are pretty similar to each other.
On the leafs board, the poll was 200-19 for them to face the habs rather than the B's.
I'm with the minority regarding tonight, thought it was a decent effort but fell short on the scoreboard.
Just where was Rask going on that third goal? He's got to cut down on his drifting.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Results say otherwise,
On paper, this team is at least as good as the 2011 Cup team, and possibly even better. Chia did his job just fine in terms of putting this team together and getting the necessary pieces for a deep run. It's up to the players to do their jobs and perform.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Fire Sweeney

Dan Cagen ‏@DanCagen 2 min

After 14-2-2 start, #Bruins went 14-12-4.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Seguin marshy are.

Horton Lucic Bergy can be.
Compared to around the League? None of them is even close to a Guy like Kessel or even lupul in terms of pure Offensive punch. Maybe marshy. Still have hope for seguin.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:02 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Good points WH. In this series, I think you'll see Thornton playing with Daugavins and Peverley sitting, and if Thornton is contributing physically, or matching up with a guy of the likes of Colton Orr, you may see Soderberg with a short leash first.
agreed, sadly I think Soderberg has a ton of NHL quality talent, but it is expecting too much of him to be perfect this quickly, you can see it in his game that he is not quite comfortable in positioning, things that need to be learned with time at this level, he might have to be the sit out and watch guy for now

Seguin has been the most disappointing to me, he is supposed to be our top offensive guy but his softness is a detriment and momentum changer more often than not, if he can somehow turn the attitude and bravery around we have a shot, if he just mails it in and gets knocked off the puck and doesn't get dirty on the forecheck we will be out in the first round

Old
04-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Confound
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Dan Cagen ‏@DanCagen 2 min

After 14-2-2 start, #Bruins went 14-12-4.
Can't beat the Pens, and half those wins were probably against crap teams from the SE division.

Old
C77

This team is hard to like.

I watch other teams..example Montreal and you see the 5 foot 9 Gallagher working his *** off all over the ice and ending up in the other team's goal because he takes the puck to the net. Then you watch the Bruins and of "the Big Bad Bruins" only Daugavins and Jagr take the puck to the net. At least Bergeron will hang in there and take a beating. A lot of the other guys need to grow some *****.

Old
Tim O'Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
Compared to around the League? None of them is even close to a Guy like Kessel or even lupul in terms of pure Offensive punch. Maybe marshy. Still have hope for seguin.
When it matters - WHICH WE ARE ABOUT TO SEE - Kessel doesn't show. He must be ******** his pants knowing he will play us.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:06 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O'Reilly View Post
When it matters - WHICH WE ARE ABOUT TO SEE - Kessel doesn't show. He must be ******** his pants knowing he will play us.
I say Jagr will be a beast against the Leafs, he's always been a Leafs killer in his career.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:06 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
On paper, this team is at least as good as the 2011 Cup team, and possibly even better. Chia did his job just fine in terms of putting this team together and getting the necessary pieces for a deep run. It's up to the players to do their jobs and perform.
Did he though? You could argue the team he got at the deadline is better, but to start the year the line up got progressively worse since 2011. In a shortened season it was too late to build at the deadline, of how many moving parts do the Bruins have? Horton, Daguavans, jagr, Redden, Hamilton, and all the line juggling. This team has no cohesion or chemistry what so ever

Old
04-28-2013, 09:07 PM
since76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
330 left. 4 th line reden mcQuiad boom goal. Fire Clode he's incompentent.
he done that, he do that and he will continue to do that, clode is an idiot and he is stubborn

Old
04-28-2013, 09:08 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by since76 View Post
he done that, he do that and he will continue to do that, clode is an idiot and he is stubborn
seems like this has happened so many times this season, 4th line out there late in the game... when we need a goal, when we are holding on, etc..... and we get burned

maybe it's just because we notice it and remember it more, but I could swear it happened a lot this season

Old
Spoked-B

I can't believe Hamilton can't crack this D corps with the way Boychuk (and to a lesser degree, McQuaid) have performed. At least McQuaid can provide some muscle, should someone need to step up because Sugah was too busy trying to dangle than tangle.

Old
bluetib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvelertak View Post
It's going to suck losing to the Leafs in the playoffs.
Not as much if you expect it

Old
04-28-2013, 09:09 PM
crimsonace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I am bothered by the fact that the team can't score.

Can't win hockey games if you do not put the puck behind the net.
This. What's alarming about this team is its inability to score ... almost its ineptitude when it comes to scoring.

They've scored 2 goals against a goalie the last 9 games. Went 2-5-1 in those games, with the wins being shutouts of two non-playoff teams ... and a lot of the losses against non-playoff teams, too.

They finished 11-12-4 after the blown third-period lead against Montreal (the first one) and then the blown 3-0 lead in Washington two nights later. Of those 16 losses, 8 included third-period leads.

Those 2 things -- the lack of scoring and the lack of ability to close out games -- don't inspire much confidence in me. But we haven't seen this team at full strength since Jagr came. Hopefully, that will change in the playoffs.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:09 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
Hate to say it... but dirty area was Bruins territory. It ain't anymore.
Puck possession was Bruins hockey... no more and execution is very bad.
Physical game was Bruins identity... ain't anymore.
Défense is not playing good hockey.. transition game is absent
Offense is inexistant.
Only player battling is Rask.
Actually Bruins goes in the playoff being the underdog.... with the kind of hockey they are playing... and forget the yeti.. soft and is no SAVIOR.
Hope the best... but I'm no more confident. Hope they make me eat crow!!!!!!!
So just using this game as a reference, the B's ... dominated possession, chances and shots, killed in takeaways .... check. Played a physical game including a fight from Looch ... check. Had good breakouts, only allowed sustained pressure occassionally from the Sens ... check.

They aren't finishing or generating enough quality offensive chances ... and that's pretty much the end of the story now. They're controlling the puck, they're breaking out well, they're playing more physical (not as dominant as they have been in the past granted), they just can't put the puck in the net.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:11 PM
livewell68

I have a question. To all the ones predicting doom and gloom, what will happen if the Bruins get to the Stanley Cup finals?

People in here are talking about the Penguins being the team to beat as a given, since they won the Cup in 2008, how many times have they gotten past the 2nd round even when healthy?

Rask is a top flight goaltender and playing the Leafs in the first round could be exactly what the doctor ordered for building confidence and team chemistry. I think a lot are also overlooking the Jagr factor here, if you guys thought he was good a few weeks ago, wait until the playoffs start. It will be Jagr time, bank on it.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
This team is hard to like.

I watch other teams..example Montreal and you see the 5 foot 9 Gallagher working his *** off all over the ice and ending up in the other team's goal because he takes the puck to the net. Then you watch the Bruins and of "the Big Bad Bruins" only Daugavins and Jagr take the puck to the net. At least Bergeron will hang in there and take a beating. A lot of the other guys need to grow some *****.
Here's my question - Are they coached to drive the puck to the net? Or dump it into a corner and start the cycle?

Are they coached to cycle the puck to a player in front of the net? Then...drop it to the point?

Or are they doing this on their own and not executing?

Old
04-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Did he though? You could argue the team he got at the deadline is better, but to start the year the line up got progressively worse since 2011. In a shortened season it was too late to build at the deadline, of how many moving parts do the Bruins have? Horton, Daguavans, jagr, Redden, Hamilton, and all the line juggling. This team has no cohesion or chemistry what so ever
3 of the 4 lines to start the year, plus Kelly and Peverley, really shouldn't have needed time to build chemistry with each other. They spent last season together and it worked out pretty well. The only missing piece was the third liner. He fixed that at the deadline. The line juggling is a result of the players not playing well/trying hard enough and injuries over the last few weeks. I can see blaming Chia for not improving last year, but I wouldn't put this season on him. It's completely on the players, IMO.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:16 PM
mashmont

Reading some posts here i guess im in the Minority but i was not really impressed with the game tonight.

Where's the killer instinct?

Did we see any real good Scoring chances where you can say "oh Lehner stood on his head".

Because that's how it should have been.

Oh well, color me dissapointed.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
I have a question. To all the ones predicting doom and gloom, what will happen if the Bruins get to the Stanley Cup finals?
People in here are talking about the Penguins being the team to beat as a given, since they won the Cup in 2008, how many times have they gotten past the 2nd round even when healthy?

Rask is a top flight goaltender and playing the Leafs in the first round could be exactly what the doctor ordered for building confidence and team chemistry. I think a lot are also overlooking the Jagr factor here, if you guys thought he was good a few weeks ago, wait until the playoffs start. It will be Jagr time, bank on it.
I'd imagine we would all be overjoyed.

Closed Thread