HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs embarrass the Leafs: Burn the boats!

Old
04-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Leafs won the war? Man... I love the unintentionally hilarious posts. I hope they keep coming here because it's just awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Guys, guys...they actually have shirts to celebrate their accomplishment:

I laughed so hard when I saw that before the game last night.
Holy crap that's hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Well, it's better than the other option they had:

Classic.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:52 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Look at the standings. The Habs won the war, and it feels good
We did win the season series though

Both sides have to like the back and forth one-sidedness between the games. You blew us out twice, we blew you out twice, and then we won a close one. I really don't think that either side can predict what would happen in a 7 game playoff series between us.

I look forward to a fun, exciting series between Canada's two teams!

Also, shouldn't it be "Build the boats"?

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:05 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post

Both sides have to like the back and forth one-sidedness between the games. You blew us out twice, we blew you out twice, and then we won a close one. I really don't think that either side can predict what would happen in a 7 game playoff series between us.

FYI, there are some others.

If you feel confident about your season series "win", goes to show how long you've been out of the playoffs. A lot of you really don't know what really counts. BTW, you guys are soooo afraid of the big bad bruins who've lost to us 3 of 4 times. What does that tell you? Pretty sure Buffalo won the season series against us too

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:23 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
FYI, there are some others.

If you feel confident about your season series "win", goes to show how long you've been out of the playoffs. A lot of you really don't know what really counts. BTW, you guys are soooo afraid of the big bad bruins who've lost to us 3 of 4 times. What does that tell you? Pretty sure Buffalo won the season series against us too
It was a joke about the Canada's two teams

I think that, most of the time, 3 wins is more than 2 wins. I'm fairly confident about that at least.

As I said, I think the series could go either way - I think that's a pretty fair assessment of the series.

What that tells me is that certain teams match up well against others. NJ went 3-1 vs the Pens this year. Does that mean that NJ is better than Pittsburgh? No. Does it mean that their playing style matches up well against the Penguins? Perhaps.

We want to play you for the exact same reason that you'd probably like to play the Rangers in the playoffs. We match up well against you. You match up well against the Bruins. The Bruins match up well against us.

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:24 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:

I know you won the season series, but that particular individual came into the thread with the intent to cause trouble, so I think that remark was appropriate! Leafs fans were coming in here a lot before last night's game, and so to win the last game of the season against a potential playoff opponent makes it feel a little bigger in my opinion!

And I'll be watching the Bruins/Sens game intently tonight. Whatever the result, I'm confident in the Habs

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:40 PM
CanadiensforLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Guys, guys...they actually have shirts to celebrate their accomplishment:

I laughed so hard when I saw that before the game last night.
This is just as hilarious as when they celebrated the leafs 40th anniversary of the 1967 cup win in 2007. They brought out old Johnny Bower and the rest of the surviving players from that team out to center ice before a game. "Look everyone, we've been irrelevant for 40 years." LOL

CanadiensforLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Halifaxhab

We won a simple game. But it was a game the leafs obviously thought was a statement game. And we won handily.

More importantly, all the fairweather closeted fans were eerily quiet today. Not one frog, frenchy or smurf joke on facebook, twitter, here or in person.....ahhhhhh, peace and quiet

Halifaxhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
It's pretty obvious: Reimer doesn't stand on his head = loss.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:

I think that, most of the time, 3 wins is more than 2 wins. I'm fairly confident about that at least.

As I said, I think the series could go either way - I think that's a pretty fair assessment of the series.

What that tells me is that certain teams match up well against others. NJ went 3-1 vs the Pens this year. Does that mean that NJ is better than Pittsburgh? No. Does it mean that their playing style matches up well against the Penguins? Perhaps.

We want to play you for the exact same reason that you'd probably like to play the Rangers in the playoffs. We match up well against you. You match up well against the Bruins. The Bruins match up well against us.
You guys outplayed us 1 game. The other games the habs lost against the leafs we had terrible goaltending while we out shot you 2-1. You know Price will be much much better so if I were the leafs I would be scared.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

I'm sure the Leafs will do their utmost to reverse that trend against the Bruins and I'm looking forward to a gladiatorial outcome.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:05 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:

The Leafs did indeed take the season series. And I also agree that a series between the two teams could go either way.

I do think the way in which the teams won their games is telling though when considering future matchups. The last time the Leafs won, they got 3 goals on 4 shots, got stuck in their zone for a while, then scored again on their next shot. Is that the way to win hockey games? Can it be done consistently? The Leafs have been winning in a similar manner all season, and yet I wouldn't bet on it working time and time again.

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:06 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle11589322/

“We know we can compete with good teams if we play our game to our level,” he said. “When we stray away from it, we’re very, very ordinary or less than ordinary.”

MTL is good team, ya!

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

I such a meanie to Leafer fans but oh well, they deserve these shots sometimes

Besides it was fun to make

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:30 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
It's pretty obvious: Reimer doesn't stand on his head = loss.
So its between Reimer and Budaj?

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:14 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Does anyone here have a picture of that massive troll face Pacioretty was giving Kadri during the game yesterday? CBC had a shot of Kadri yelling at the Hab bench and then it cup to Pacioretty who had a gigantic grin on his face (as to say, "it's 4 - 1, shut up, kid!) and the camera was right up on him so it was even funnier. I need that for trolling purposes.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Habitant by heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Does anyone here have a picture of that massive troll face Pacioretty was giving Kadri during the game yesterday? CBC had a shot of Kadri yelling at the Hab bench and then it cup to Pacioretty who had a gigantic grin on his face (as to say, "it's 4 - 1, shut up, kid!) and the camera was right up on him so it was even funnier. I need that for trolling purposes.
You need it to troll us probably, so get it yourself.
I've been reading TML fans posts since yesterday on this board and I seriously wish you guys get clocked by us or the Bruins.
Clocked by beaten on the scoreboard, not by gooning it up ala Phaneuf and Orr yesterday night at the end of the game

I feel like Phaneuf has a brain of the size of a pea when they start losing.

Habitant by heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:19 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant by heart View Post
You need it to troll us probably, so get it yourself.
I've been reading TML fans posts since yesterday on this board and I seriously wish you guys get clocked by us or the Bruins.
Clocked by beaten on the scoreboard, not by gooning it up ala Phaneuf and Orr yesterday night at the end of the game

I feel like Phaneuf has a brain of the size of a pea when they start losing.
Uh, take it easy. I was having trouble finding it myself so I thought I'd ask one of you guys - I didn't mean any ill-harm.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:21 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Uh, take it easy. I was having trouble finding it myself so I thought I'd ask one of you guys - I didn't mean any ill-harm.
No worries. Some people take hockey more seriously than others!

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 05:50 PM
HABSonaroll

Keep it going HABS - Looking Good

HABSonaroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:31 PM
ChoseLa

I had my fun with the Leafs sinking, to tell you the truth i enjoyed those disastreous seasons, but i'm not unhappy to see them make the playoffs, finaly.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:36 PM
habsrule22

if we skate and play to our skill level and get our share of the brakes. It should be no contest. the laffs might win a game.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:57 PM
WHATaboutLOVE

This before every game.

WHATaboutLOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:12 PM
SouthernHab

So who does Phaneuf use his stick work on in the first round?

A. Marchand
B. Chara
C. Lucic

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATaboutLOVE View Post

This before every game.
The little music in the back is lame, speech is a bit much..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Its going to be great watching the Leafs and Bruins goon each other to death. I hope it's a long, hard, brutal series for both teams.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote