HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF SERIES DISCUSSION | (1) Penguins vs. (8) Islanders | No Sleep Till Brooklyn

Old
04-28-2013, 10:11 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Keith Aucoin, while they're separated by 2 refs and a linesman.

Then he'll fall over on his own and look for a penalty on Murray.
... And the main boards will call for Murray to be suspended.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Merc29
Sid ney Cr os by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stad View Post
Wednesday, Friday, Sunday(Noon), Tuesday is confirmed and our series is on TSN for the people in Canada.
I'm curious as to how they can figure out my work schedule and be like he works on those days, let play then so he can't watch.

Merc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:23 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
I'm going on vacation for a week, leaving Sunday... seriously considering bringing laptop. I'll take three hours out of a night on the beach to watch the Pens, IDGAF.

alcanalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Awesome job on the OP's, SS.

I got to give some respect to the Islanders. 4-2 Pens. The Islanders are in every game and lose each of the 4 by a lone goal.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:33 PM
SidTheKid8787

Can't wait to watch Morrow go to war for this team.
Hope Sid's back Game 1.

SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Erz8771

vCash: 100
Anyone else think Nabokov is thinking "uhh oohhh"?.

Erz8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Konstantin Koltsov

I'm already feeling the nerves. Ugh, I wish it was Wednesday already.

Konstantin Koltsov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:40 PM
bradshaw06

Really hope Fleury can have a great series to shut up the haters

bradshaw06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:41 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradshaw06 View Post
It will probably take more than one good playoff series.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:44 PM
bradshaw06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
It will probably take more than one good playoff series.
True, but it'll be a start. Tired of reading the pens have subpar goaltending and defense.

bradshaw06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:46 PM
chuppa chupp
star gazing

Quote:
True, but it'll be a start. Tired of reading the pens have subpar goaltending and defense.
Fleury's track record the past few postseasons hasn't been great. He still worries me in net.

chuppa chupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Mischa
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 162
Interesting that Glass is the only one with a white helmet. I suppose its cause him being in helps the other team more than us.

Mischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:48 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuppa chupp View Post
Fleury's track record the past few postseasons hasn't been great. He still worries me in net.
Montreal and Philly he was bad, woefully so at times. Tampa his numbers are below-average, but I don't know how anyone who watched it can say he was anything less than 'good'.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:49 PM
gordie

Quote:
Fleury has backstopped his team to two Finals and won the Cup and yet every playoff goalie in the Eastern Conference who hasn't won a damn thing is better than him. If he does it again, the excuse will be because the team in front is so good. Fleury can't win with the idiots, we"ll just have to live with it.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:57 PM
chuppa chupp
star gazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
Montreal and Philly he was bad, woefully so at times. Tampa his numbers are below-average, but I don't know how anyone who watched it can say he was anything less than 'good'.
We should have won the Tampa series and he wasn't the reason we lost, but he still gave up a ton of goals.

I know people will disagree with me on here, but I think he was definitely one of the major reasons we've lost all three years. Our offense will score. I just hope he can keep the puck out of the net. The defense didn't do him any favors, but big time goaltenders make some of those saves.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:02 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I'm not going to lie, SS.... I might have sneaked a peak at this a bit early. Unreal job with the OP. Great stuff.

Be careful what you wish for here boys... They have a great PP against our PK. They also have a young stud who wants to prove himself.

This isn't going to be easy. Pens better be ****ing ready. Shero gave us what we needed. This is fully on the players and DB.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:14 PM
NeedleInTheHay

national nbc game on sunday for game 3, nice!

NeedleInTheHay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:15 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I'm not going to lie, SS.... I might have sneaked a peak at this a bit early. Unreal job with the OP. Great stuff.

Be careful what you wish for here boys... They have a great PP against our PK. They also have a young stud who wants to prove himself.

This isn't going to be easy. Pens better be ****ing ready. Shero gave us what we needed. This is fully on the players and DB.
It will be a rough series, both teams are going to come out hard. Pens are going to have to score a few early to make NYI feel that "hard hill" to climb. Isles could come back, but it's the playoffs, Pens are going to go at them very hard, like that Flyers series last playoffs. All you ever saw were MASSIVE hits from both sides, Pens will bring that game, we will see if Isles can handle it or wilter away. If we go up say 3-0 series, game 4 wont have to be a massive hit fest.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:17 PM
BumFortyOne

Quote:

Pens PP: 24.7%
Pens PK: 79.6%

Isles PP: 19.9%
Isles PK: 80.3%

Pretty negligible difference in PK with a significant difference in PP percentage. I know this doesn't mean anything come playoffs, but the special teams battle should be won by the Pens assuming penalties to both teams are about even.

Honestly, there isn't a single area where I would give the Islanders an advantage on the Pens. Maybe team speed. Pens have more skill, more grit, better defense, more experience from key players, goaltending is a wash at worst.

This series should be over in 5. And I don't think that's being cocky, it's just saying this is a loaded number 1 seed against an inexperienced number 8 seed whose season was a success just by making the playoffs.

BumFortyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Stad
@Malkin2Horny

I hope we don't have a ****ing 'white out' again this year. It's time for a change.

Stad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:31 PM
gordie

This series won't be won on PP or PK but on 5 on 5 and line match ups, which puts Capuano at a real disadvantage.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:40 PM
BumFortyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
This series won't be won on PP or PK but on 5 on 5 and line match ups, which puts Capuano at a real disadvantage.
I honestly don't know that the Pens need to match lines really to win this series. Even the fourth line should be serviceable with Jokinen and double-shifting Crosby and Malkin.

But I do think that you try to shut down Tavares by matching the Sutter line and Martin on him and dare anyone else on that team to beat the Pens. Apparently their second line of Bailey-Neilsen-Okposo has been playing well of late, but they're all young and inexperienced and if things go as planned for the Pens, they'll be spending a lot of time in their own zone.

Pens are leagues better 5 on 5 and it should show in the results. Islanders probably take one game, but this series should go 6 games at most.

BumFortyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 11:42 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuppa chupp View Post
We should have won the Tampa series and he wasn't the reason we lost, but he still gave up a ton of goals.

I know people will disagree with me on here, but I think he was definitely one of the major reasons we've lost all three years. Our offense will score. I just hope he can keep the puck out of the net. The defense didn't do him any favors, but big time goaltenders make some of those saves.
He was not even a small reason why we lost unless you're counting not putting up Roy numbers as a reason why. Special teams and offense in general is why we lost that series, he kept us in a couple games we had no business being in.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:47 PM
chuppa chupp
star gazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
He was not even a small reason why we lost unless you're counting not putting up Roy numbers as a reason why. Special teams and offense in general is why we lost that series, he kept us in a couple games we had no business being in.
Ok, even if you are right, Fleury is still the one player on this team who worries me the most, as was the case last year. How short is his chain this posteason?

A lot of Pens fans think that he is a top 5 goaltender in the NHL and considers anyone who doesn't share this same viewpoint as a hater. I think that he is and can be the weak link on this team.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:52 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Seem here, and it changed my perspective a bit about taking things for granted.

It also led to me obliterating the Isles over and over again in NHL 93 during that summer. Pixelated David Volek may have never been the same again.
You weren't the only one. Even more frustrating was that you couldn't even play against the New York Islanders proper -- just some team in blue and orange named "LONG ISLAND" since it was only "NHLPA 93." Damn you, licensing fees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Awesome job on the OP's, SS.

I got to give some respect to the Islanders. 4-2 Pens. The Islanders are in every game and lose each of the 4 by a lone goal.
Many thanks.

Quote:

It's my own dumb fault for hitting submit instead of preview when working on it, hah.

shureshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote