HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 10:32 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

vCash: 500
This jersey is AWESOME! The story... if you care to read: First, Nike does not produce authentic Olympic jerseys for teams other than Canada and U.S.A. Which means if you want a jersey of a player from any other country you have no other option than a replica. They just aren't available. They aren't produced for retail sale. Even in the city of the games. Even in the home country during the games. They aren't available. Unless.....you can find (and afford) a game worn jersey of your favorite player. Or.....you can stumble across a blank team issued jersey from the games. That's what this jersey is. An authentic Nike Swift Sweden team issue from the 2010 Olympics. The story goes that a woman worked at the games in Vancouver for the Ice Hockey rink. When the games were over, she was given as a gift several team issued authentic jerseys. Germany, Sweden, Norway, and Switzerland were among the countries she was given. A couple of years go by and she needed some cash so she listed them to see what they would bring. I was pretty excited when I saw this one pop up on Ebay, but at closer look thought it would be way too big. It's a 54 and I usually wear a 48. Knowing Jay wears larger jerseys I emailed him to offer a heads up. Maybe he could get his hands on one and I'd get a shout out on the Podcast. His response was that the Nike Swifts run really small and that he wouldn't even be able to fit into the largest one. Of course, that got me thinking and I message the seller for measurements. Can you guess? 24 inches pit to pit. A Swift 54, or at least this Swift 54 measures out to a 48 - my size. The jersey was at a $50 bid or something, so I watched it, eventually putting in a modest bid with the intention of bidding higher closer to the end of the auction. With lots of days to think until the auction ended, I had time to consider and talk myself into an absolute max price. I ultimately convinced myself that because of the rarity and the chances I'd likely never see another one of these - let alone in a size that would fit me- I could justify spending up to $250 on this jersey. I would, of course, never breathe a word to my wife. The last day of the auction came and I put myself in front of the computer waiting for the final 30 seconds or so. The high bid was my $74, but I was expecting a frenzy at the end. Surely other collectors, other fans of Swedish players - Lundqvist, Sedin(s), Forsberg, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, etc. - were watching and prepared to bid. The minutes and seconds ticked down and with about 7 seconds left I increased my bid to $210. The clock hit zero. No flashing screen with the multiple last second bids. No nothing. My $74 had taken the jersey. I couldn't believe it. I refreshed my screen about 3 times before I processed what had happened. Nothing had happened. No one else bid. No one else had seen it. Unbelievable.

So, since then I've had to track down Nike Swift material for a nameplate - nearly impossible - but almost as unbelievable as the jersey story - a collector on IceJerseys put up a Sweden Women's Swift for sale that same week. I PM'd her and convinced her to let me strip the jersey, take a plate, send the rest back, all for $20. Next I found a guy on IceJerseys to order a number kit and customize the jersey. That took nearly 3 months, but it's finally here! Literally probably only a handful of these in the world, maybe less, including the one Forsberg himself wore at the games. A very, very cool jersey. Thanks for letting me show off, boys. Look for it at the Pepsi Center next year. It will most definitely be there more than once!

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 04-29-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old
04-29-2013, 12:48 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

That is so friggin awesome. Fantastic find and a helluva story. Cheers.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
I'm obviously as biased as they come but 90s, early 2000s Sweden National Team jerseys are among the best out there. That Nike is pretty awesome too.

Old
06-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Lonewolfe2015

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt

$99 on nhl.com, not sure if they are sold elsewhere but I'm really contemplating picking one up since I haven't seen them sell one before. Anyone know if they usually sell these jerseys? Because I'd rather buy one in 1-2 years when I have the spare cash.

There's something about the non-traditional Avs jerseys that I like... don't call me stupid for liking it.

Old
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

They had them at Pepsi Center on Military Appreciation night and during the home finale. Didn't see a price but I do think they had Duchene and Landeskog. Memory is fuzzy though.

Old
06-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Lonewolfe2015

I'm not in Denver, which is probably why I've never seen them sold.

Old
06-05-2013, 10:28 PM
billybobjoe2112

vCash: 73
I've got a Canucks jersey autographed by Trevor Linden. Anybody wanna buy it?

Old
06-26-2013, 12:48 AM
FSD219

Hi, so I'm an Avs fan who lives in Toronto and I have a blank Reebok edge jersey I want to get customized. I don't really want to ship it out to the states to get customized, but I would want a customization that is pretty close to the real deal. Does anyone know of any place in Toronto that would do it correctly?

Old
06-26-2013, 01:57 AM
Avs1023

I know you said not in the states but the closet to the real thing, Glacier lettering, is through Altitude Authentics. Call 866.443.4321 or 303.405.1301 and explain to Ryan. I believe it's $75 to customize any name or number plus shipping which he should be able to tell you all the details. Get my jerseys customized through them!

Old
06-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Avs1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
I've basically given up trying to find an Avs jersey for the time being, so I'm probably just going to buy a Avs hoodie for the time being.

Does anyone know a site besides NHL.com to buy them? I must admit, this is a sexy looking Hoodie.

Team Store at Pepsi Center has a few left they had Avs with Sakic and Roy and had a Nordiques version blank and Sakic

Old
06-28-2013, 02:10 PM
akadubin

My Avalanche Jersey Collection

Game Worn Avalanche Jerseys

Jay McClemment - 2011 Opening Night - Forsberg Patch - Burgundy
Ruslan Salei - 08-09 Season - White
Mark Rycroft - 06-07 - Third
Ossi Vaananen - 06-07 - Third
Paul Stastny - 06-07 - Rookie Year - White "26"
Adam Foote - 08-09 - White w/"A"
Steve Konowalchuk - 05-06 - Burgundy w/10th Anniversary patch and "A"
Dan Hinote - 05-06 - Burgundy w/10th Anniversary patch
Stefan Elliott - 2013 - "Military Night Warmup Jersey"

Authentic Avalanche Jerseys

Joe Sakic - Burgundy Third
Alex Tanguay - Burgundy - "40"
Ryan O'Reilly - Burgundy - "37"
Chris Drury - White - "37"

Replica Avalanche Jerseys

Semyon Varlamov - Blue Third
Paul Stasny - Edge White
Uwe Krupp - White

Avalanche "Related" Jerseys

Matt Duchene - Brampton Batallion - White
Gabe Landeskog - Kitchener Rangers - Third
Ryan O'Reilly - Erie Otters - Game worn - White
Peter Forsberg - Sweden - Yellow
Patrick Roy - Canada - White
Chris Drury - USA - Blue
Chris Drury - Boston U - Red

I have pictures of most of them on my website. Need to update with the latest additions. The "rest" of my jersey collection is there too. Akadubin.Com

Old
06-28-2013, 02:57 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

WOW! akadubin got jersey feeeva! Love the collection. Really like the Drury BU & USA, and the O'Reilly and Duchene junior jerseys. Great looking collection, brother. You're a beast!

Old
06-28-2013, 04:38 PM
akadubin

Thanks. I've been collecting since the late 90s, any only recently made the jump to the Game Worn world. Here is a cool shot of my Landeskog Kitchener jersey before they shipped it to me.

Old
06-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Sweet collection. Love those Junior Team jerseys.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:48 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadubin View Post
Thanks. I've been collecting since the late 90s, any only recently made the jump to the Game Worn world. Here is a cool shot of my Landeskog Kitchener jersey before they shipped it to me.

That's sweet. And Kitchner's 3rds are really cool. Much better than the NY Rangers doubles. I wish I was big enough to wear gamers, but sadly I am not. Great looking jerseys.

Well, you've got me in the mood to show off, akadubin. I realized that I've never posted a link to my collection in this thread, just posted pics as I've gotten them. So, here we go...
http://public.fotki.com/SuperTheGrea...valanche-hock/

Not as extensive but lots of stuff I love in there. And soon to come----a Starter Mesh Shjon Podein.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 06-28-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old
07-06-2013, 07:56 PM
akadubin

Nice collection. Finally got around to posting a few more on my website. http://akadubin.com

Here is the front of the Landeskog jersey I posted earlier.

Old
07-12-2013, 11:40 AM
GHuysmans

Here are my jerseys:

The Stastny jersey is actually on eBay if anyone is interested:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221251754092?...84.m1555.l2649

I have also ordered a Red Halifax Mooseheads MacKinnon jersey w/ Memorial Cup patch. It should be coming in soon.

Old
07-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Nice collection. Love the Lando and Dutchy CHL jerseys.

Old
07-12-2013, 08:59 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

GHuysmans makes his first post on HFBoards in the Avs Jersey Thread! Nice
Even laid his jerseys out on his Avs Bedding set! This guy is a freak! Nice collection, man. Love the Duchene Brampton jersey. MacKinnon Halifax will be sweet, too. Look forward to seeing that one posted when you get it.

Old
07-12-2013, 11:32 PM
GHuysmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
GHuysmans makes his first post on HFBoards in the Avs Jersey Thread! Nice
Even laid his jerseys out on his Avs Bedding set! This guy is a freak! Nice collection, man. Love the Duchene Brampton jersey. MacKinnon Halifax will be sweet, too. Look forward to seeing that one posted when you get it.
Live and breath burgundy and blue.

Old
07-13-2013, 01:40 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt

$99 on nhl.com, not sure if they are sold elsewhere but I'm really contemplating picking one up since I haven't seen them sell one before. Anyone know if they usually sell these jerseys? Because I'd rather buy one in 1-2 years when I have the spare cash.

There's something about the non-traditional Avs jerseys that I like... don't call me stupid for liking it.
I recall seeing those at the Pepsi Center this year. It is a good sign they are still available on NHL.com but I'm not sure how long for. I know the NFL trades out a non traditional jersey type every year or so, not sure how frequently the NHL does.

Speaking of non traditional, I have the Landeskog Black Ice jersey. Pretty sweet looking for a non traditional.

Old
07-20-2013, 01:23 AM
FSD219

Does anyone know where I could purchase a Peter Forsberg Retirement patch? I only see one seller on eBay who has it, but it is a reproduction that is noticeably off from the real deal.
Thanks

Old
07-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

I haven't seen those since opening night at Pepsi Center the night they retired his jersey.

Old
07-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
I recall seeing those at the Pepsi Center this year. It is a good sign they are still available on NHL.com but I'm not sure how long for. I know the NFL trades out a non traditional jersey type every year or so, not sure how frequently the NHL does.

Speaking of non traditional, I have the Landeskog Black Ice jersey. Pretty sweet looking for a non traditional.
Landeskog Black Ice?! Where'd you get it? Nhl.com only offered Duchy.

Old
07-20-2013, 10:54 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Landeskog Black Ice?! Where'd you get it? Nhl.com only offered Duchy.
AltitudeAuthentics.com

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Closed Thread