HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Tragedy at Dawson College ON TOPIC THREAD

Old
09-13-2006, 09:13 PM
CrAzYNiNe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
If you don't realise this thing happens in Montreal, where we all close too, I did my education at Vanier and I'm now at Mcgill...I know a lot of my friends at Dawson so if I want to speak my mind into this event I'm allowed cuz this is a Montreal board!
this is a MONTREAL CANADIENS BOARD. Yes you have every right to say what you want, BUT SO DO I

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
AHEM! The thread title clearly says ON TOPIC THREAD, so if you don't like what Crazy Nine posted, just ignore it in silence. Having one thread locked on this subject is bad enough. Let's show some class and not have a second one locked as well.

For those of you still watching coverage, Mr. Richard Fillion spoke not long ago. He is the director general of Dawson College, and was a personal friend during my second year at the school as I worked on the student union.

I can't imagine how difficult a time he will have in bouncing back from this. I don't envy his position, and truly want to pass by when the school re-opens on Monday to see if there is absolutely any way at all I can help or be of assistance to him.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:16 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
So 20 people get shot today and we're not allowed to talk about it because it means we place more importance on it than on events occuring elsewhere in the world?

Get lost dude. You're not contributing anything worthwhile here. If it bugs you, don't read it. Take your own advice.
Hey take your own advice aswell, don't read my threads either, block me please, make my life easier for me too.

And no, you misunderstand me, but that's to be expected with the way you try to demean me in your post. All I am saying is that why put emphasis on this tragedy when there are tons more that are true tragedies going on all over the world.

Everytime someone says because it happened in Montreal, just proves how much some of you don't care what goes on beyond the city lines. That is fine, live your life how you will, but I am a member of this hockey community and I personally feel ashamed of the fact that I am being insulted for my views on this subject.

Old
09-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
this is a MONTREAL CANADIENS BOARD. Yes you have every right to say what you want, BUT SO DO I

And you have said it, twice. Just because you can't find anyone who agrees with you doesn't mean we can't read. Repeating yourself doesn't make your opinion morph into fact. You have spoken your mind, let others do the same.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:19 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Please get rid of the word tragedy though, really really, not waranted for what happened today
Whats a tragedy to you?

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:19 PM
korky00

Look...crazynines...you've got your opinion and it's okay...but please let us talk among people I know since it is the lonly forum I read i do not want to go to another forum, this forum is the only one I attend. Don't forget that some people that has posted in this thread have been personnaly involved since they saw the scene live , if we can help them by interacting with them..please let us do so..we do respect your opinion and it is unnecessary for you to try and stop us...

btw..my opinion is that if someone die here and you do consider that person as a number as you've said...then you gotta consider every people that are dying elsewhere in the world as numbers 'cause you do not know them much more...and it is not at your advantage...peace!

korky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
still don't have any word on if my friend got out okay..

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:21 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Hey take your own advice aswell, don't read my threads either, block me please, make my life easier for me too.

And no, you misunderstand me, but that's to be expected with the way you try to demean me in your post. All I am saying is that why put emphasis on this tragedy when there are tons more that are true tragedies going on all over the world.

Everytime someone says because it happened in Montreal, just proves how much some of you don't care what goes on beyond the city lines. That is fine, live your life how you will, but I am a member of this hockey community and I personally feel ashamed of the fact that I am being insulted for my views on this subject.
Yes, and you've chosen such a bold and noble time to sermonize on your views - while people are either grieving or expressing concern for loved ones. You're such a stand up guy, we should all be throwing ourselves at your feet for helping us to see the light.

But you're right, there's so many other, more important Habs-related things we could be talking about (hot button issues like Koivu's eye, the potential lines for next season, which rookie could crack the line up, etc) that we should be sprinting past this non-tragedy as if nothing happened.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:22 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

I was stuck at Concordia all day with classes and only really got the whole story when i got home, after hearing a few fragmented versions during the day. There were signs in the lobby and on the street directing Dawson students into the theatre for councilling, food and phones, it was pretty impressive the way the school mobilized to accomodate and aid our fellow students in need. Its equally amazing how random acts of crualty and evil can be, just out of the blue on any given day.

I hearrd there was three shooters to start, one killed by police, one suicided and the other was at large, then it gets cut down to one, but as I've been following events, the cops shot a guy in the cafeteria who was pinned down behind vending machines and another version says they killed the lone gunman outside the school, as they showed the covered body next to a car. So which is it? It seems there are several holes in the afformention "timeline of events".

I'd also like to add that when an event in Montreal is CNN.com's leading story, you know it is indeed a horrific event, its also shocking to look at the way CNN portrays it, reading the links too the video content is an excercise in sensationalism: "Watch students flee the scene", "Watch witnesses describe escaping through pools of blood",
"Watch the scene inside the college, captured on a cell phone", I mean come on! Where's the sensitivity? Then again the US is quite aquainted with this type of thing.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
still don't have any word on if my friend got out okay..
I definitely hope for the best for your friend.

I know that I had terrible thoughts in my mind when I tried a friend's cell phone right after I heard about the events and got his voice mail.

When I saw people I know running out of the College on tv, I had such mixed emotions. I was saddened to see them in such a state, but happy because it meant they were alright.

AND EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:24 PM
QcS

Quote:
and it did touch and affect me, absolutely. There is not one human being that was affected today that I don't truely feel bad for. But to belitlle me over my opinion really? Are you serious, who really is the child here? I can't understand how you read my opinion and call me a child over beliefs that I HAVE. Am I not allowed my own opinion sir?
and where did you see me call you a child in that last post? you're obviously just looking to argue dude. This is NOT the place for that.

I just said you cared about what related to you.. because you obviously do not appreciate the severity of what happened today. And you act like the victim? lol.

Last edited by QcS: 09-13-2006 at 09:29 PM.
QcS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:25 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Apparently all the victims' families have been notified, so you should definitely start calling around to your friends' relatives to find out what's going on (if you can). Here's hoping everything turns out all right

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
QcS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg4ever View Post
I was stuck at Concordia all day with classes and only really got the whole story when i got home, after hearing a few fragmented versions during the day. There were signs in the lobby and on the street directing Dawson students into the theatre for councilling, food and phones, it was pretty impressive the way the school mobilized to accomodate and aid our fellow students in need.
that's an important point that was mentioned on LCN.. how Concordia was a big part of helping the students from Dawson cope with what happened. This is great, and along with the quick police work and how quick they brought out 3 phone numbers for families to call, just reinforces how well people did their jobs today.

QcS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdecheno View Post
Most of what I have been hearing just doesnt make sense, there are so many reports and so much talk going on about being more than one shooter, its hard for me to believe that this punk acted alone. One girl was saying that based on where the students were shot, and the time it took the police to identify and confront the shooter, he could NOT have been the only one.

So far Ive heard witnesses describe the shooter as dressed in all black from head to toe, including a mask on his face. Another a man dressed in black with long black hair, and yet another of the shooter in camo, sporting a mohawk...

Also, reports of the shooter being confronted within minutes of the first shots and being held in the atrium dont add up with the gun shots that were heard in the food court in Alexis Nihon. I went to dawson for two years, and that place is quite far from the Dawson Atrium.

Also, the Atrium and Cafeteria are in totally different places in the school. This is all pretty confusing, I hope everything can get cleared up because it would be a real shame if there WERE multiple shooters, and they only got one.

All my thoughts and wishes to the families involved.
I can't believe you even remember where Dawson is. You were probably stoned 32 hours a day back then. Luckily you cut down to 28 hours a day.

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:29 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by korky00 View Post
Look...crazynines...you've got your opinion and it's okay...but please let us talk among people I know since it is the lonly forum I read i do not want to go to another forum, this forum is the only one I attend. Don't forget that some people that has posted in this thread have been personnaly involved since they saw the scene live , if we can help them by interacting with them..please let us do so..we do respect your opinion and it is unnecessary for you to try and stop us...

btw..my opinion is that if someone die here and you do consider that person as a number as you've said...then you gotta consider every people that are dying elsewhere in the world as numbers 'cause you do not know them much more...and it is not at your advantage...peace!
I greatly respect everything you just told me, and I am absolutely fine with people like you continuing this thread because you understood what I had to say, and like the respect you showed me, I have no problem showing you. But notice those I quoted, how much respect did they show me and my opinion by insulting me. I am not one to sit back and be insulted. To you though, I will of course show you respect without a problem since you did so my way.

Old
09-13-2006, 09:31 PM
tdecheno

S.T.F.U. Mac, what does me smoking a little joint have anything to do with went on today? You're probably high right now.

Great post.

tdecheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leph28 View Post
and where did you see me call you a child in that last post? you're obviously just looking to argue dude. This is NOT the place for that.

I just said you cared about what related to you.. because you obviously do not appreciate the severity of what happened today. And you act like the victim? lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leph28 View Post
this is because you assume that you should care about EVERY topic on here... which probably means you spend too much time on here and have grown to think it revolves around your little self.

it says OT at the beginning, and it's about something that touched and affected a lot of people in Montreal and in Québec. i'm sorry it didn't affect you or you think it bothered your HF reading. But as i do with topics that are of no importance or meaning to me, JUST DON"T READ IT.
read the bold part, you could of done without that comment

act like the victim? Is english your first language?(no i am not insulting you by any means, I just think you miunderstood me) and of course I care about things, just I made my opinion heard on what I think about the situation and you people jumped me. I really don't care what people have to say until they prove that they deserve, and you clearly proved nothing except that you say insulting things and you forget you said it.

Old
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
KLu

Send a message via MSN to KLu
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
My friend is in the hospital too...I'm in shock...I go to McGill and we got the news at around 1pm we were all in shock...
You've got all my good feelings for you and your friends and I hope he's doing well. I know how you can feel, the fear of loosing someone is something I would not wish to anyone. I experienced something similar 1 month ago when my friend commited suicide, and seriously, I'm all with you in those rough times.

Hope he gets well and you too.

KLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:34 PM
The n00b King ©*

the one thing that perplexes me is the very lucid description of the "shooters' by some of the students.

Shooter #1: Tall and skinny, dressed with a black trench coat with a mohawk

Shooter #2: Dressed in army fatigues and curly hair.

i agree that in the confusion someone may mistake an officer of the law undercover, but somehow i doubt such an undercover officer would be wearing army fatigues.

earlier reports were saying that there were more then one shooter, to then be later changed to only one.

which leaves me to believe that there is a possibility that one of the shooters actually has gotten away, and in light of this, the SQ has reported that there was only one shooter in hopes of not alarming the population and spreading further panic.

Now whether this is true or not, would it be considered a proper approach to contain the situation?

Would you WANT to know that there's a shooter who's on the prowl and nobody knows where he is?

Im looking forward to further reports to disclaim if said shooter was a former student of Dawson or not.

I also heard that most of the victims were female and middle-eastern, can anybody confirm this?

I also agree with Crazynine in the sense that this is not a real tragedy. Although im not offended by this thread and i feel that it is good to talk about it. It is an extremely unfortunate event and it seems that every year there is another. This is hardly comforting statistics.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:35 PM
DicAnns

Looks like the shooter had 3 different weapons (according to police report on Telejournal).
That would explain why some witnesses saw a rifle while others heard an automatic weapon.

Joey, Crippler and habs911, I really hope the best for your friends... this IS a tragedy for them and their families.

PS: come on guys, don't get this locked up again. I can't believe some people go so far off topic on such an important and painful subject.

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:39 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yes, and you've chosen such a bold and noble time to sermonize on your views - while people are either grieving or expressing concern for loved ones. You're such a stand up guy, we should all be throwing ourselves at your feet for helping us to see the light.

But you're right, there's so many other, more important Habs-related things we could be talking about (hot button issues like Koivu's eye, the potential lines for next season, which rookie could crack the line up, etc) that we should be sprinting past this non-tragedy as if nothing happened.
I don't know if there would be anyway for me to explain myself without you trying to see the most negative outcome of it. Maybe the word tragdy is the right word, whatever, just when I hear the word tragedy I just think of some of the darkest days that could ever be. Yes today was a horrid day for some, but like I have to keep repeating myself, all I said was my opinion and to those you understand my point of view like korky00 did, am I more then glad to allow people to offer condolences to whomever they want, and also help those involved aswell. But as it is a public forum, all I did was offer my opinion and people came in with there fist up, so I had to do it also.

Old
09-13-2006, 09:40 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post
I also agree with Crazynine in the sense that this is not a real tragedy. Although im not offended by this thread and i feel that it is good to talk about it. It is an extremely unfortunate event and it seems that every year there is another. This is hardly comforting statistics.
I appreciate that. All I could ask for is understanding and no more.

Old
09-13-2006, 09:42 PM
DicAnns

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post
I also heard that most of the victims were female and middle-eastern, can anybody confirm this?
Of the 11 victims admitted at Montreal General, there were 6 females and 5 males (i'm not sure if I heard that on Radio-Canada or CTV, but it was on the 10 o'clock news).
They gave no information in regards to their ethnicity.

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2006, 09:48 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Well I am leaving my pc now, and to those who were affected today, read my post, I really truely feel bad of what happened, if you think I am a POS(piece of s**t) pm me and I will truely try and get whoever thinks that to understand my point of view, although someone out there who quoted me did put it best by saying I pickey a really good time to say what I did, but the reason it came out was because of what happened.

If this thread is to help people who are coping, then I don't mind it being open, but to discuss things like what gun was used(i love guns) just not here on the hockey forum seriously

Old
09-13-2006, 09:50 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
I appreciate that. All I could ask for is understanding and no more.
hey man, dont worry, i get my fair bash of gang-ups too

so i hear ya

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote