HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?

Old
04-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Perfect_Drug

vCash: 500
I would not object to waiving him.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 03:18 AM
Peter The Great

Well, what I really, really like with Omark's interview is his passion and willing to play in the NHL.

Earlier I had my doubts, thinking he would continue spoiling his career and talent in Switzerland making very good money.

For Omark himself the Red Wings would be the best choice already being good friends to Zetterberg and Brunner. The chance these guys talk to Detroit management is pretty high and probably already done. I have no idea what Babcock and the scouts think though... ;-)

The Oilers weakest side is defense and perhaps goalies and Omark won't help here, that's for sure.

Omark is a wild card and a chance I'm sure a couple of teams are willing to take.

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:41 AM
Ragan

Omark was cut from the WC yesterday

Ragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:55 AM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Well, what I really, really like with Omark's interview is his passion and willing to play in the NHL.

Earlier I had my doubts, thinking he would continue spoiling his career and talent in Switzerland making very good money.

For Omark himself the Red Wings would be the best choice already being good friends to Zetterberg and Brunner. The chance these guys talk to Detroit management is pretty high and probably already done. I have no idea what Babcock and the scouts think though... ;-)

The Oilers weakest side is defense and perhaps goalies and Omark won't help here, that's for sure.

Omark is a wild card and a chance I'm sure a couple of teams are willing to take.
Weakest link Goallies?

Both Dubnyk and Khabbi's SV% over .920...

We'd win every game if we didn't get outshot by 20.

iCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:11 AM
plikestechno

The problem with Omark is that he is too small and too slow to make room to do his Omark thing at the NHL level. Something unfortunately that will never change. He's also ridiculously horrible defensively. Like Hartikainen he's been given enough of a chance. Too bad Omark didnt have Hartikainen's body and wheels.

Last edited by plikestechno: 04-29-2013 at 10:44 PM.
plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:35 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post
I would not object to waiving him.
There is nothing to waive. He doesn't have a contract.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Koto

isn't he a UFA now?

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Bank Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Stupid Oilers. Now they are blackballing him from his national team!

Just trade him for a 3nd rounder already MacT!

Bank Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:59 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
isn't he a UFA now?
Depends if we qualify him or not.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:01 AM
Alawishis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank Shot View Post
Stupid Oilers. Now they are blackballing him from his national team!

Just trade him for a 3nd rounder already MacT!
For that to happen presumably we'd have to have someone offer a 3rd rounder for him.

Alawishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:43 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawishis View Post
For that to happen presumably we'd have to have someone offer a 3rd rounder for him.
It was sarcasm

04-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Bwahahahaha.

Can't even get to play for Sweden in the Consolation World Cup when most of the worlds best players are playing in the NHL playoffs.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Is Magnus playing for Sweden? Causeeeee that doesn't bode well either.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:31 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
Is Magnus playing for Sweden? Causeeeee that doesn't bode well either.
I don't really know how to decipher that post...

But anyway, Paajarvi has not been confirmed but I am quite sure he will be as long as Edmonton doesn't stop him (i.e. if he has some injury that needs taken care of).

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
I don't really know how to decipher that post...

But anyway, Paajarvi has not been confirmed but I am quite sure he will be as long as Edmonton doesn't stop him (i.e. if he has some injury that needs taken care of).
Meaning, he isn't looked too highly upon by an international board, that cut Omark as well. Especially when most Swedish stars are in the playoffs right now.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
edit: nvm

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:26 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
Meaning, he isn't looked too highly upon by an international board, that cut Omark as well. Especially when most Swedish stars are in the playoffs right now.
Alright.

Anyway, my mistake, Paajarvi is not going.

Old
05-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Alright.

Anyway, my mistake, Paajarvi is not going.
It was stated that Paajarvi finished season with a foot injury, possibly hairline fracture, and was struggling towards end of season. Obviously why he wouldn't be playing right now in WC. He had a reasonable year and with his jets on bigger ice one would think he could do well. But right now treat the injury.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 12:46 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
It was stated that Paajarvi finished season with a foot injury, possibly hairline fracture, and was struggling towards end of season. Obviously why he wouldn't be playing right now in WC. He had a reasonable year and with his jets on bigger ice one would think he could do well. But right now treat the injury.
lol, everyone is injured.

edit: It's too bad. I would have liked to see him play.

Last edited by AlowlyOilersfan: 05-01-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old
05-02-2013, 06:57 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I didn't hear that. What I heard from the blogosphere was that he had replied positively to the mail sent by the management where they asked if he would be interested to come if asked. Then apparently didn't hear another beep for several days during which he kind of disappeared from the media's focus.

Amongst "real news" I had to search for while to find out what was going on with him.

What I found was a quote from our head coach basically saying that he cut Paajarvi since he thought he had better option. I wish it would have been for injury, in that case I would obviously have been ok with this, but in the end I think he was cut in favor of our All-Star performers Simon Hjalmarsson, Jimmie Ericsson and Dick Axelsson and it really pisses me off...

Worst team in years and years and it happens to be when we're playing at home......

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. In other news: Omark is disappointed not to have made the team

Last edited by LaGu: 05-02-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old
05-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
I didn't hear that. What I heard from the blogosphere was that he had replied positively to the mail sent by the management where they asked if he would be interested to come if asked. Then apparently didn't hear another beep for several days during which he kind of disappeared from the media's focus.

Amongst "real news" I had to search for while to find out what was going on with him.

What I found was a quote from our head coach basically saying that he cut Paajarvi since he thought he had better option. I wish it would have been for injury, in that case I would obviously have been ok with this, but in the end I think he was cut in favor of our All-Star performers Simon Hjalmarsson, Jimmie Ericsson and Dick Axelsson and it really pisses me off...

Worst team in years and years and it happens to be when we're playing at home......

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. In other news: Omark is disappointed not to have made the team
MPS was dealing with a foot injury (bruised according to what I read), but a "bruised foot" in the NHL and the way teams typically tell us of injuries, could very well be a hairline fracture or crack.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Tedi

Quote:

Thanks for the update

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 03:00 PM
LaGu

He just won't go away...

Omark had a brief conversation with a local reporter in Sweden:

Quote:
During this spring Omark has been very clear that there are only two options for him next season: NHL or KHL.

- I am training right now but we'll have to wait and see what happens. I am not thinking about it right now, the focus in on my training and then we'll see what will become of me.

What are you hoping for?

- I am going to North America, that is my decision.

So you are going over again, even if... (AHL)

- Yes, I have decided to go.

So you are really set on going over again?

- Yes, for now I will be going. What happens after I don't know, things can change very quickly.

So Omark really seems to be determined to go over again, even if that means time in the AHL. My opinion is that if he gets stuck in the AHL again, he'll be back shortly.

On another note, my last post in this thread seems a bit stupid in retrospect... Ooops.

Old
07-06-2013, 03:05 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

good to hear that he sounds hungry

Old
07-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

I'd put him in the AHL if he was willing, might actually create some value.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote