HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

Old
04-29-2013, 07:52 AM
yogibear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Being from Gatineau... I hate them with a passion
Then move and stop

yogibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:58 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Spezza's skating with the team. Earliest he comes back, which is being predicted by Sens fans, is the second round -- should they advance.
Great to know...thanks for important info.
(so...there could be a slight chance Spezza comes back as early as game 6 or game 7 vs our Habs...but I prefer going with your 2nd Rnd info! cheers).

Go Habs Go!!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Ottawa, based on career games played.

I might be biased, though.
You mean Blonk?

Son coéquipié Blonk. Now try to tell me who said that.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:00 AM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Didn't know where else this should go, so, umm....

Cmon that's just mean.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:01 AM
PricePkPatch

Wow.. so much franco-hate on this forum against a performer who just do her freakkin' job.

This series is going to have a strange schedule; it'll mean that both coaches will have to be very careful about energy management of their team. Making sure you still have gas in the tank will be a primal concern.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:09 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Not going to be an easy series, the guys better be ready to work extra hard cause the Sens just never give up. They'll skate with us, should be a great battle between PK and Karlsson, which the forwards better go hit every chance they have

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:14 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
This should be a low scoring series so we are going to need the D to be smart and Price to be on his game.

We have an edge in goaltending.
Scoring/depth is in our advantage.
D is a slight edge to us.
Ottawa beats us clean in the grit/coaching department though.
I can usually see your point (even if I don't agree with it always). But saying we have an edge in goalie might be one of the most biased things I've ever heard on this forum.

Our goaltending duo is nowhere near Ottawa's. Craig Anderson is ridiculous this year and Lehner isn't far behind him.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
When you say that do you mean overall potential or this year's performance.

Cause if it's performance, Ottawa has a big edge.
True, especially over the past two seasons now. Looking at goalies who have played at least half of their teams' games over that time (41+24=65 GP), Lundqvist and Anderson have been the "class of the Eastern conference".

Lundqvist: 105 GP, 2.00 GAA, 0.928 SV%
Anderson: 87 GP, 2.50 GAA, 0.921 SV%
Miller: 101 GP, 2.65 GAA, 0.916 SV%
Fleury: 100 GP, 2.37 GAA, 0.914 SV%
Ward: 85 GP, 2.76 GAA, 0.914 SV%
Price: 104 GP, 2.49 GAA, 0.912 SV%
Nabokov: 83 GP, 2.52 GAA, 0.912 SV%

Rask, with 58 GP, doesn't quite make the cut, but has been pretty good: 58 GP, 2.00 GAA, 0.930 SV%.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:25 AM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
I can usually see your point (even if I don't agree with it always). But saying we have an edge in goalie might be one of the most biased things I've ever heard on this forum.

Our goaltending duo is nowhere near Ottawa's. Craig Anderson is ridiculous this year and Lehner isn't far behind him.
Sens fan here. Anderson had a .951 save% before he got back from injury. It is now .941. He went from superhuman to just very good. If Price can get back to normal, the matchup is a lot closer, and may even favor Montreal. It is up to Price to make that happen though.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Wow.. so much franco-hate on this forum against a performer who just do her freakkin' job.

This series is going to have a strange schedule; it'll mean that both coaches will have to be very careful about energy management of their team. Making sure you still have gas in the tank will be a primal concern.
I don't think the coaches will be able to rest anybody unless the games are completely uneven.
How do you not play your best players when it's a close game?

It'll be up to the players to sleep well and properly feed their body.

In the POs, it's all about performing with an empty tank at some point. How do teams play through 6 periods of grueling hockey? Last year (can't remember which teams) but in a long game that went to 4th OT I believe, they ate pizza (mainly just the bread) during one of the intermission.

As individuals, it's really just about raising your mental game to the next level and keep pushing on a depleted tank and battling through your pains/injuries.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:37 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

Lehner is infinitely better than Budaj. Of that there is no doubt.

Let me explain my point further. If Anderson is hot, he'll probably out-duel Price this season.. but if Anderson isn't on a hot streak, he'll lose you a game as much as he is likely to win you one.. Price will give us a consistent performance night in and night out, where Anderson is a bit erratic. I'll take consistency over a 7 game series.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:41 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:

Let me explain my point further. If Anderson is hot, he'll probably out-duel Price this season.. but if Anderson isn't on a hot streak, he'll lose you a game as much as he is likely to win you one.. Price will give us a consistent performance night in and night out, where Anderson is a bit erratic. I'll take consistency over a 7 game series.
I don't think Anderson has "Lost" us a game since the Philly debacle at the beginning of the 2011-12 season.

There have definitely games he hasn't been at his very best, but the guy has been the most consistently good goalie we've ever had in our 20+ year history. He never "loses" games for us. For the most part, we find ways to lose game for HIM.

*edit*
Whup, just realized this was the Habs board, not the "Playoffs" board.
The point stands, but I might have phrased it slightly differently had I known I was posting here. My bad.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:41 AM
DenverHabsFan

As always, too much focus on goalies. Both teams have solid starters and backups. We're playing one of the weakest offense in the league. Habs have to use their speed and get three goals a game and we'll be fine.

DenverHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:44 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post

No long trip and no borders at airports will help greatly. A Montreal-Ottawa trip could be barely as long as driving to Brossard's training complex for a player living in Blainville! )

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

Switch the names Price and Anderson and you have a sentence that makes sense.

According to Mckenzie, Anderson is the consensus Vezina winner if he didn't get injured.

C'mon you have to know that Ottawa's goaltending has been brilliant for some time, and well above Montreal's. It's a main reason they are where they are this season.

If Anderson is anywhere near his .941 reg season save pct this round the Habs won't advance. they need to crack this nut.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:47 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I don't think Anderson has "Lost" us a game since the Philly debacle at the beginning of the 2011-12 season.

There have definitely games he hasn't been at his very best, but the guy has been the most consistently good goalie we've ever had in our 20+ year history. He never "loses" games for us. For the most part, we find ways to lose game for HIM.

*edit*
Whup, just realized this was the Habs board, not the "Playoffs" board.
The point stands, but I might have phrased it slightly differently had I known I was posting here. My bad.
No worries, man. I'm not gonna bite your head off. You're definitely welcome to your opinion. You see Anderson in action over the course of an entire series. I can only comment on what I've seen. I've seen Anderson steal Colorado a OT game against the Sharks which was insane.. I've also seen some less than stellar performances where he just doesn't look the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Switch the names Price and Anderson and you have a sentence that makes sense.

According to Mckenzie, Anderson is the consensus Vezina winner if he didn't get injured.

C'mon you have to know that Ottawa's goaltending has been brilliant for some time, and well above Montreal's. It's a main reason they are where they are this season.

If Anderson is anywhere near his .941 reg season save pct this round the Habs won't advance. they need to crack this nut.
He's played well. I'm going to stick by my statement though. I trust my eye when it comes to goaltending.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
Quote:

It's up to Price. If Price is on his game, he's the best goaltender in this series.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:49 AM
LePoche69

Quote:

I'm not sure what you say about Anderson is entirely accurate, but anyway, what you're saying apply to Price also. When Price isn't on his game, he'll lose you a game. I don't think "consistent performance" is fitting Price well. He hasn't been in previous seasons, and this year, we can't say for sure since it was a 48 games season.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I'm not sure what you say about Anderson is entirely accurate, but anyway, what you're saying apply to Price also. When Price isn't on his game, he'll lose you a game. I don't think "consistent performance" is fitting Price well. He hasn't been in previous seasons, and this year, we can't say for sure since it was a 48 games season.
This is true. Even in losses, Anderson actually plays quite well. His stats in just losses from this year look almost exactly like Price's stats overall (2.46 GAA, 0.909 SV%). Compare that to Price's stats in losses this year: 3.86 GAA, 0.854 SV%.

Last year in losses:
Anderson: 3.98 GAA, 0.882 SV%
Price: 3.05 GAA, 0.894 SV%

Illustrates part of the difference in performance for these guys between this year and last (Anderson's sample for this year admittedly small). Point being, this year anyway, the tide has turned as far as which goalie could be expected to "lose a game for their team".

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
So yeah. Chris Neil. First thing that came to my mind when I opened RDS and learned we'd face the Sens. He will become public enemy #1 in Montéal soon.
I think Prust and Neil will be at each other throat for the whole series.

Should be entertaining

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:06 AM
KT7

Question for you Bell Centre going Habs fans - how is ticket availability and pricing? Is this pretty much like Toronto where there are not many tickets available for playoff hockey?

KT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:07 AM
NHLcrazy

Sens are going to be a really though matchup...

Anderson + #1PK unit = trouble

Also the Sens are a pretty opportunistic team... We better score the first goal and avoid OT's.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Sens are definitely not to be taken lightly. Anderson can definitely be this year's Jaroslav Halak. Heck, so can Lehner!

That said, they are beatable, but Price and the offense need to bring it!

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:09 AM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayzed1 View Post
Question for you Bell Centre going Habs fans - how is ticket availability and pricing? Is this pretty much like Toronto where there are not many tickets available for playoff hockey?
You mean from scalpers? Because tickets are sold out...

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayzed1 View Post
Tickets are already all gone, took about 1 hour and if you want some you have to give an arm and your kidney to a site that resells the tickets now.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote