04-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spylogic3 View Post
Jagr has a flu, so the "new" line at practice is:

Soderberg - Kelly - Daugavins

Also, Jagr didn't travel to Washington with the team.
I guess gods can get sick

Old
04-26-2013, 02:06 PM
BaBaBruins
Tuukka Time.

Quote:
Jagr has a flu, so the "new" line at practice is:

Soderberg - Kelly - Daugavins

Also, Jagr didn't travel to Washington with the team.
This is excellent timing for the flu bug to come around....and no I am not being sarcastic.

Just enough time for it to run its course and mess up a few guys so everyone can get healthy in time for round 1.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Wiggleboom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_S%C3%B6derberg

updated

Old
04-26-2013, 03:40 PM
missingchicklet

It looks to me like he is wanting the puck but not getting it as much as he would like. There have quite a few times where he drifts into the slot and nobody acknowledges him and even attempts to get him the puck while he is in a good scoring position. I like the fact that he appears to have a scorer's mentality. Hopefully the guys will learn his style over time and start feeding the Yeti.

While he's not winning all the physical battles out there on offense and defense, he's certainly willing to get dirty and try to battle. That's been something that has been good to see from him. It's only a matter of time before Soderberg becomes a real force in the NHL.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Ogrim

Carl waited all these years to feel 'ready'. Still looks a little frightened to me but despite that he's doing his best to go to the dirty areas. I'm certainly happy about that and firmly believe that's exactly what he needs to do right now. The faster he can get used to the physical play, the sooner he'll get the confidence to use his talent.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:57 PM
WhiteMandingo

I could be wrong but Soderberg looks closer to 220 or 230lbs than 207.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Schnurvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
I could be wrong but Soderberg looks closer to 220 or 230lbs than 207.
He is. (Or at least he was the last time they checked in Sweden XD) I'm too lazy to convert this to lbs now (:p), but at the start of this season he was about 99 kgs, and he's said he usually gains weight during the season. In an article a couple of months ago it said he weighed around 104 kgs.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
He is. (Or at least he was the last time they checked in Sweden XD) I'm too lazy to convert this to lbs now (:p), but at the start of this season he was about 99 kgs, and he's said he usually gains weight during the season. In an article a couple of months ago it said he weighed around 104 kgs.
99 kg ~ 218lbs

104 kg ~ 229lbs

Old
04-26-2013, 10:43 PM
spylogic3

Oh, no ... Soderberg wants to be like Kelly:

“They’re different players (referring to Jagr and Kelly), but Kelly is a great two-way player,” Soderberg said. “I watch him a lot because I want to be the same player like him.”

Wow ... Julien is thinking about using Soderberg in the playoffs:

Julien noted Soderberg has improved in every game, but admitted he is still figuring out what position (LW or C) to play him come playoff time.

Soderberg likes the NHL game and the ice surface:

“I feel actually good. I like the game here. I like the ice surface too,” Soderberg said. “It’s been tough maybe the first practices and games because I haven’t played in a long time, so the cardio was a little bit tough and the timing too. But it has been better and better.”

* FULL ARTICLE: http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin...carl_soderberg

Old
04-26-2013, 11:15 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Love this guy's attitude

Old
04-26-2013, 11:20 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Oh, no ... Soderberg wants to be like Kelly:

“They’re different players (referring to Jagr and Kelly), but Kelly is a great two-way player,” Soderberg said. “I watch him a lot because I want to be the same player like him.”
]
so soderberg's long-term goal is to become a 3rd line checker who makes 3M per year, and has a no-trade clause? oh yay.

wonder if carl saw any tape of kelly playing with the cage. possibly became an overnight idol for him with that gynormous half shield.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:38 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingchicklet View Post
It looks to me like he is wanting the puck but not getting it as much as he would like. There have quite a few times where he drifts into the slot and nobody acknowledges him and even attempts to get him the puck while he is in a good scoring position. I like the fact that he appears to have a scorer's mentality. Hopefully the guys will learn his style over time and start feeding the Yeti.

While he's not winning all the physical battles out there on offense and defense, he's certainly willing to get dirty and try to battle. That's been something that has been good to see from him. It's only a matter of time before Soderberg becomes a real force in the NHL.
I honestly haven't seen much offensive potential from him yet.He doesn't seem very strong on the puck .I hope I am wrong but I only see the Soderberg-Kelly -Jagr line providing minimal offense in the post season due to Jagr's presence on the line.It''s kind of a sad state of affairs of the team with Lucic and Horton's lack of production that we are looking for more offense from a guy with limited NHL experience.If the Krejci-Lucic-Horton line was playing up to potential,we could probably be a real legit contender for the Cup, even if we had Caron in the bottom 6.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:36 AM
bluetib

Another pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (106.8 KB, 33 views)

Old
04-28-2013, 02:49 PM
spylogic3

Stephen Harris (Boston Herald) did an article on Soderberg:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin...carl_soderberg

Old
04-29-2013, 01:51 AM
MyXoMoPBL

So, I've not been watching the games but my initial thought is that Söderberg isn't doing too well?

Old
04-29-2013, 02:07 AM
Cronuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyXoMoPBL View Post
So, I've not been watching the games but my initial thought is that Söderberg isn't doing too well?
I think he is just fine.

He has been playing smart and responsible, and has shown that he has skill.

He is still learning the new system and everything, but I think he is going to contribute soon.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:27 AM
bp13

Quote:
There are moments when he looks lost but overall he seems okay to me. With an offseason and a camp I think it's possible he's a top 9 player for us. Good size and good hands. As for now, he should be scratched for the playoffs. If he isn't, he'll be marginalized almost immediately. He barely keeps up towards the end of shifts now...he'll die out there when the level ramps up.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:09 AM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
There are moments when he looks lost but overall he seems okay to me. With an offseason and a camp I think it's possible he's a top 9 player for us. Good size and good hands. As for now, he should be scratched for the playoffs. If he isn't, he'll be marginalized almost immediately. He barely keeps up towards the end of shifts now...he'll die out there when the level ramps up.
Agreed. He needs time to become more acclimated. He was atrocious in yesterday's game vs. Ottawa, a poor time for a poor showing and I'd say he cemented himself as your top scratch candidate, especially as the B's will need Thornton against the Leafs.
To be honest, Daugavins has looked like the better option over Soderberg the last 2 games.

It's still good to have him in case of injuries in the post season, and I'm excited to see him next season, but he's not an everyday post-season player in the NHL yet.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:11 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Agreed. He needs time to become more acclimated. He was atrocious in yesterday's game vs. Ottawa, a poor time for a poor showing and I'd say he cemented himself as your top scratch candidate, especially as the B's will need Thornton against the Leafs.
To be honest, Daugavins has looked like the better option over Soderberg the last 2 games.

It's still good to have him in case of injuries in the post season, and I'm excited to see him next season, but he's not an everyday post-season player in the NHL yet.
Daugavins looked great again, though in typical Bruins fashion, he's got no finish. Still, I'd keep him in the lineup and scratch Soderberg. When intensity ramps up Soderberg is going to look like he's in slow motion.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Bad Hat Harry

Quote:
Guy has played 6 NHL games. It's not that he isn't doing well, but he isn't living up to the unrealistic expectations people had about about him immediately scoring a hat-trick every game.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:15 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Daugavins looked great again, though in typical Bruins fashion, he's got no finish. Still, I'd keep him in the lineup and scratch Soderberg. When intensity ramps up Soderberg is going to look like he's in slow motion.
Unless he has another gear and ramps it up as well?

I agree that he has had his issues, but I also don't think that it's a coincidence that the lines he is on have often been the best in games of late. When he was with Jagr and Kelly they looked good. Then when Jagr got sick and Dawgs was inserted, that line looked good.

It's doubtful Pevs sits because of his PK ability, but I might sit Thornton and see how Soderberg looks. If he doesn't have the extra gear, bring in a pissed off Thornton for Game 2.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:48 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post

I agree that he has had his issues, but I also don't think that it's a coincidence that the lines he is on have often been the best in games of late. When he was with Jagr and Kelly they looked good. Then when Jagr got sick and Dawgs was inserted, that line looked good.

It's doubtful Pevs sits because of his PK ability, but I might sit Thornton and see how Soderberg looks. If he doesn't have the extra gear, bring in a pissed off Thornton for Game 2.
I thought he's looked ok so far, but last night he was hot garbage. That line was a disaster.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:34 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
so soderberg's long-term goal is to become a 3rd line checker who makes 3M per year, and has a no-trade clause? oh yay.

wonder if carl saw any tape of kelly playing with the cage. possibly became an overnight idol for him with that gynormous half shield.
he'll end up being the Subotka we let go

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there
Old
04-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post

I would do that as well. I'm guessing Claude starts Thornton but I really have no idea.

Do we think Horton will be back? I didn't see anything in the injury thread. Daugavins did look good but he's got to sit if Horton's back.

Old
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

I think if Soderberg & Jagr get continued time on the power play, they will find some rhythm in the post-season. It's my one glimmer of hope I'm clinging to regarding the power play.

It has to be Thornton that sits if Horton is healthy.

Closed Thread