HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Avatars? All avatars in post #196

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-28-2013, 11:54 PM
  #51
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 22,668
vCash: 500
Maybe like

Peak Early?

Grumpy Cat and No.

(Player)

Blackhawks Stanley Cup Playoffs

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:52 AM
  #52
TheDoorDoctor
Registered User
 
TheDoorDoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
No grumpy cat!!!! Others are great though, especially the ganster ones!

TheDoorDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:08 AM
  #53
sketch22
Registered User
 
sketch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,295
vCash: 500
How about an Old School theme using quotes and scenes from the movie.
"Let's go streaking" for anyone
"What happened? I blacked out" for Kane
"The Godfather" for Hossa
"Fill it up again" for Toews
"Just ring the bell you pansy" for Bollig
"Still Holding" (Vince Vaughn on the rings) or "This suit is crazy hot" for Crawford
"Earmuffs" for Saad
"He looks glorious" for Sharp
"I like you, but you're crazy" for Carcillo or Shaw
"Once it hits your lips, its so good" for anyone


Last edited by sketch22: 04-29-2013 at 04:20 AM.
sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:17 AM
  #54
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,366
vCash: 500
I want HawksFan74 to make more of those 30s Gangster style avys.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:26 AM
  #55
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I want HawksFan74 to make more of those 30s Gangster style avys.
I can do it tonight but only if that's what the group wants. They are time consuming.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:52 AM
  #56
Chelios
Registered User
 
Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
How about an Old School theme using quotes and scenes from the movie.
"Let's go streaking" for anyone
"What happened? I blacked out" for Kane
"The Godfather" for Hossa
"Fill it up again" for Toews
"Just ring the bell you pansy" for Bollig
"Still Holding" (Vince Vaughn on the rings) or "This suit is crazy hot" for Crawford
"Earmuffs" for Saad
"He looks glorious" for Sharp
"I like you, but you're crazy" for Carcillo or Shaw
"Once it hits your lips, its so good" for anyone
I like this idea.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:46 AM
  #57
helicon1
Registered User
 
helicon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
One more idea. I thought about doing a "Jump the Shark" (as in tv shows that jump the shark) theme last year since the hawks were supposedly on the downswing and all. It can apply this year in the sense of how ridiculous this season was in a good way. A Crawford/Emery jennings is a jump the shark moment for example. You have an intro slide, then a pic of a jump the shark moment, from a tv show and finally some text about something ridiculous that happened this year. You could have say Brian Bickell's face superimposed over the fonz when he's about to jump a shark followed by a slide of text with "24 games undefeated in regulation!" or something. Simple and easy. And apropos if we face the Sharks later.

helicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:52 AM
  #58
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,287
vCash: 50
Why do they have to be uniform? Just make whatever you want, use whatever you want and have fun with it. I think the real point of this is to get everyone to use the playoff avitars and more themes/options will allow that to happen. Also, I'm pretty damn sure I have seen boards go with more than one theme.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:57 AM
  #59
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,442
vCash: 500
Somebody needs to create a poll or nothing is getting decided.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:01 AM
  #60
helicon1
Registered User
 
helicon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Why do they have to be uniform? Just make whatever you want, use whatever you want and have fun with it. I think the real point of this is to get everyone to use the playoff avitars and more themes/options will allow that to happen. Also, I'm pretty damn sure I have seen boards go with more than one theme.
I went solo on a theme in 2010 and they won the cup. I didn't the past two years and they lost in the 1st round. Coincidence? Doubt it.

Lets go anti-establishment. Everybody get rid of their avatars for the POs.

helicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:05 AM
  #61
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,287
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicon1 View Post
I went solo on a theme in 2010 and they won the cup. I didn't the past two years and they lost in the 1st round. Coincidence? Doubt it.

Lets go anti-establishment. Everybody get rid of their avatars for the POs.
Exactly. You can tell that if we go with just one, a lot of people aren't going to participate. Personally, I think it is about everyone having a playoff avitar, whether the themes conflict or not. We won the President's trophy; we can make our own rules.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:19 AM
  #62
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Exactly. You can tell that if we go with just one, a lot of people aren't going to participate. Personally, I think it is about everyone having a playoff avitar, whether the themes conflict or not. We won the President's trophy; we can make our own rules.
i agree with this.

is there a program/website where i can try to make my own?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:30 AM
  #63
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 19,170
vCash: 50
F that, the uniformity is what makes it fun.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:34 AM
  #64
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,287
vCash: 50
I just don't feel like enough people are on the same page to achieve what you want. And I'm happy with "Peak early" so long as I am using the Kane one that I had made for me. As for the Hugo Boss ad ones, I'll pass and I know I am not alone there.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:37 AM
  #65
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
F that, the uniformity is what makes it fun.
the playoffs start tomorrow.

so far, we've achieved nothing but disagreement. and coldsteel is right that for each avatar there are probably a bunch of people who won't use it.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:43 AM
  #66
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 19,170
vCash: 50
So no playoff avatars, got it.

Let's just use the Lincoln ones someone made and call it a day. Better than not having anything and being the laughingstock of all of HF.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
  #67
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,287
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
So no playoff avatars, got it.

Let's just use the Lincoln ones someone made and call it a day. Better than not having anything and being the laughingstock of all of HF.
What's worse, 15-20 people doing the same theme and everybody else sticking with what they have or 3 or 4 themes that total about 60 people using a playoff avitar?

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
  #68
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,442
vCash: 500
I'll do my own then. We will be the divided forum. Not a fan of the Lincoln theme.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:48 AM
  #69
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
So no playoff avatars, got it.

Let's just use the Lincoln ones someone made and call it a day. Better than not having anything and being the laughingstock of all of HF.
Agree. Uniformity is important. I'm up for whatever, so we might as well use the Lincoln ones that were already posted. That was the idea everyone agreed on just a week or 2 ago. Peaking early, and presidents. Why change it?

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:50 AM
  #70
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,287
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Agree. Uniformity is important. I'm up for whatever, so we might as well use the Lincoln ones that were already posted. That was the idea everyone agreed on just a week or 2 ago. Peaking early, and presidents. Why change it?
Those two themes are completely different so what difference does it make if others want to make it 3 or 4 themes. Committing to two is already much different than what the other boards are doing. If one of them is truly the best, it will catch on the most.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:53 AM
  #71
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I'll do my own then. We will be the divided forum. Not a fan of the Lincoln theme.
no neither am i.

i'd prefer the gangster theme over any of the ones so far.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:03 AM
  #72
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 19,170
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Those two themes are completely different so what difference does it make if others want to make it 3 or 4 themes.
Actually, winning the PT and peaking early kind of go hand and hand, that's the whole idea.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:05 AM
  #73
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,287
vCash: 50
I guess. In the end, it isn't that important to me but I can see a lot of people want to do their own thing as opposed to nothing, which is what they would do, so I don't see an issue with letting them go ahead with that.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:09 AM
  #74
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 13,333
vCash: 500
I am just going to rock whatever the consensus is/becomes. I understand wanting to go your own route, but the point of playoff avatars (to me at least) is unity.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:11 AM
  #75
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I like the Old School theme.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.