HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Ticket Price Increase for 13-14

Old
04-28-2013, 06:15 PM
beerme1

vCash: 500
To the OP the timing is poor. And to the prima donnas on the board guess what? People were talking about it at the arena Friday night so it does matter to some. But you guys probably never attend a game anyway so it wouldn't matter to you. It wasn't the price hike that people were talking about. It was the timing of it.

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Clock

At the end of the day, that waiting list is still thousands deep and we're still some of the cheapest tickets in the NHL. That's all that matters in the end.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:05 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
It's just dramatic people looking for drama. On the internet. As usual.
i'm not dramatic. i'm just looking at it from a PR standpoint. it's bad timing to announce the price increase. don't overlook emotional responses from sports fans, they are very real.

billsandsabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:22 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres View Post
i'm not dramatic. i'm just looking at it from a PR standpoint. it's bad timing to announce the price increase. don't overlook emotional responses from sports fans, they are very real.
Again, they didn't 'announce' anything. Letters were sent to STHers. I'm sure not all of them got them on the same day.

It became a talking point because someone at TBN got a letter, or someone who did let them know.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:28 PM
ckg927

Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Ever been to a Leafs game. Nobody is in the first deck for first five minutes of my period. Standards are high in Buffalo, people will not get excited over a crap team. In 2005-06 that place was loud.
This Sabres rink stuff is crap. I've been to a dozen rinks. Buffalo crowd is solid, not full of corporate set holders who are usually quiet
THIS.

I've always joked that you need to pay an arm, a leg, your mortgage and your first born to get a seat in the nosebleed seats at the ACC.

If you've even seen a game from Toronto, odds are good you'll see the platinum seats empty at the start of a period.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:47 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 93
I just laughed it off - getting the letter mentioning the price increase for next season on the same day as the fan appreciation day - in fact at the Winnipeg game last Monday, Mark - a fellow STH who sits next to me - and I were talking next years season tickets. I joked that we will get something in the mail on Friday and he said no probably not for another week or so. I should have made a bet with him!

I laughed even more when at the game on Friday, I asked some STHers who sit around me if they got the letter and I was only person who did! (Hell, the person who lives across the street from me-who has season tickets in the same row as me-didn't get his!) I thought maybe someone - Mark? - was playing a joke on me especially after correctly predicting the above and that I was the only one who would be paying more next season! LOL!

Not upset about the price increase at all - I can pay the $82 more ($41 each-as I have two season tickets) - no big deal. Heck, for the second year in a row, I thought it would be a $2 increase so I got a surprise that it was only a $1 per game.

Thing that got me was the $2 more per ticket (in my price level) for the three pre-season games - $12 per-game for the three pre-season games this season compared to $10 per-game last season. Of course we didn't pay for them last season because they weren't played due to the lockout. Don't like paying for three meaningless pre-season games especially after what two years ago where you only had to pay for one - the Leafs pre-season game and got the option to buy your seats for the other pre-season game. Oh well guess it could be worse and we could be Bills STHers who pay full price for two pre-season games.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 04-29-2013 at 01:22 AM.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:00 AM
Imlach a cup

I was half way through before I realized this wasn't the fire Darcy thread. I hope 3,284 STH were offended by this. Then I cam be one next year and feign being offended by something I knew was coming.

Imlach a cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:05 PM
betterdays

The letter the Sabres sent to fans is making national news....From the New York Post:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...jCBwBONMfCQuFI

The issue is not that the team is raising it's prices, it's that it is blaming the hike on the new (Owner friendly) CBA.

betterdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:49 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdays View Post
The letter the Sabres sent to fans is making national news....From the New York Post:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...jCBwBONMfCQuFI

The issue is not that the team is raising it's prices, it's that it is blaming the hike on the new (Owner friendly) CBA.
The letter speaks to the CBA's requirement for increase being necessary in order to participate in revenue sharing.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:41 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Really, it's not alarming that they raise ticket prices on a day that they've created to honor the fans?? Not the act of raising the prices, but not one person stopped and thought "Hey, this might be a mixed message we shouldn't be sending, lets wait a week or a few days"

You say LOL PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING,but the other side of that coin is "wow, people are so filled with fanboy love that they'll accept anything the team does"

The people that run the team can't recognize that. And yet you're expecting them to rebuild the franchise? That's a pretty big leap of faith right there.
No, not everything is black/white. Only the simple minded rely on "you're either with me or against me!!".

The people who run the hockey personnel department and the people who manage the tickets, marketing, and sales are not the same. Hell, even if they were, this is just such a non-issue.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:44 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Accidental double post

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote