HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi recalled early to meet with team in WPG

Old
04-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
To the best of my knowledge Tinordi doesn't take purses.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

What's our record with Tinordi in play? Not just the 2-0 sequence when he was last called up but he was called up earlier this year, too.

Last edited by Mathradio: 04-29-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
To the best of my knowledge Tinordi doesn't take purses.
That's a bit "purse"nal. Stick to hockey please.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:41 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
That's a bit "purse"nal. Stick to hockey please.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:43 AM
FeelsLike93

Tinordis gonna have a part in deciding who wins or loses this series imo, he can definitely make his presence felt in a very positive way

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:44 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
What's our record with Tinordi in play? Not just the 2-0 sequence when he was last called up but he was called up earlier this year, too.
5-2-1

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...zzV9hllsBivLYF

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:01 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Unreal how much better the team D has been since putting him in.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:04 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
I could see him playing a Hal Gill type role in the playoffs, which is saying a lot. I am not saying that is his peak either, he has better skating, puck skills and physicality, but we were missing Gill's reach/PK positioning this season and Tinordi could fill that void in the playoffs.

Very happy with his performance thus far and believe he (and the Gallys) will prove to be playoff performers.

That Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sometimes it's just enough that your 6th guy takes more energy to play against, and it's obvious that forwards have to work harder to get through him than he does stopping them. That he's making sound decisions, executing "routine" plays well, and not getting left behind by the speed of the game are just bonuses on top of bonuses right now.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:57 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Tinordi has been just what the doctor ordered. Big, mean, defensive defensmen who can still move the puck? Yes please!

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:03 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
I could see him playing a Hal Gill type role in the playoffs, which is saying a lot. I am not saying that is his peak either, he has better skating, puck skills and physicality, but we were missing Gill's reach/PK positioning this season and Tinordi could fill that void in the playoffs.

Very happy with his performance thus far and believe he (and the Gallys) will prove to be playoff performers.
The thing with Gill is that he was a veteran and could get away with murder in the playoffs. He could literally bear hug a player and refs would just let it slide. It was awesome.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He's made a contribution...BUT the goaltending and back pressure from the forwards the last 2 games has been much better. To me those two thingsare big factors.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Mrb1p

Can't wait to hear the Bell chant TI-TIES TI-TIES TI-TIES!!!<
It will happen right ?

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Yes, cause we have role players and not jersey filler like Weber and Drewesky. Same thing when we replaced Darcher by Prust. The team with the best mix of players usually wins. That's why I want 1 forward (a fighter) who's as intimidating as Tinordi is on defense. 6 Tinordi's would suck, 1 is just what the doctor ordered for the Habs defense.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Tyson

I bought a 64.00 ticket in Texas to see the Dogs a few weeks back (the night Emelin got hurt) and I commented after the game that Jarred looked like a man amongst boys in that game. Two open ice hits, one of which had him fight Francis Wathier. I knew he was ready after that game. Ironically Nathan got the call. I knew it was a matter of time before Tinordi made an impact. I hope he does well!

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 03:29 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

If Tinordi can keep it up in the playoffs than I'll be more than happy with Lefebvre's job in Hamilton. Really didn't think Tinordi would be this NHL ready this soon.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 08:12 AM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
If Tinordi can keep it up in the playoffs than I'll be more than happy with Lefebvre's job in Hamilton. Really didn't think Tinordi would be this NHL ready this soon.
he seems to know when to hit and when to make play on puck. i think he shores up the d because hes a solid partner. other d does not have to worry where tinordis at.

BRAD HABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

It will be perhaps a season or two before we see Tinordi on a PP line...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:50 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post

For me, Hal Gill on the PK was like having a chaise lounge parked in front of our goal. Effective but I think Tinordi has better mobility.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
It will be perhaps a season or two before we see Tinordi on a PP line...
Why PP ? The guy will never have PP time at NHL level. As long as he is clearing the crease, blocks shots, hits and plays sound PK, I am fine with it.

With Subban, Beaulieu, Diaz and Dietz + maybe Nygren, they don't need more PP than that.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Charon

I'm pretty stoked to see Tinordi finding himself a role on the team already. I was expecting to wait at least another year before he got a chance to play. We've seen a lot of very good things from Tinordi so far in his stints with the big club.

The thing that has impressed me the most so far about him is how well he uses his reach. He's winning a lot of battles along the boards by pinning players with his big frame and then using his reach to move the puck to safety or to one of his teammates. He's also able to back forwards off a bit with his reach.

The one thing that has surprised me the most is his offensive ability. He shows a bit of poise when he has the puck at the blueline, and he looks actively for offensive opportunities such as finding a way to get the puck on net. I was expecting him to be more like Gorges, who dumps the puck into the corner every time he gets it at the blueline.

Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Why PP ? The guy will never have PP time at NHL level. As long as he is clearing the crease, blocks shots, hits and plays sound PK, I am fine with it.

With Subban, Beaulieu, Diaz and Dietz + maybe Nygren, they don't need more PP than that.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Tinordi get some PP time in the future. Maybe not on a top unit, but maybe on the second unit in a year or two.

Gorges gets PP time. Of course, usually only when there are injuries. But if Gorges gets PP time, almost anybody can get PP time. Tinordi's play has given me hints that he has more offensive ability than Gorges at this stage in his career.

I'm not saying that Tinordi will be a weapon on the PP, but I feel he could be a welcome alternative to using Gorges or Bouillon on the second unit after he gets some more experience at the NHL level.

Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:12 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
For me, Hal Gill on the PK was like having a chaise lounge parked in front of our goal. Effective but I think Tinordi has better mobility.
Should have seen Savard. He used to light up a cigar and take a sip of cognac while moving the puck out of our zone. I used to take piss breaks if Savard was on the ice, because I knew nothing would happen in our end. Ever.

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:17 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Should have seen Savard. He used to light up a cigar and take a sip of cognac while moving the puck out of our zone. I used to take piss breaks if Savard was on the ice, because I knew nothing would happen in our end. Ever.
THOSE WERE THE DAYS.. I forget where I heard this, but when Gil was here, there were 22 5 on 3s and we were only scored on once. That was when Gil was one of the guys in the box. If Tinordi brings that kind of PK with the guys still to come up from Hamilton, and with Emelin, Gorges and Subban here then our D can be set for years to come!!

BRAD HABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:33 PM
No Team Needed

I hope people just don't see height when comparing Tinordi and O'Byrne. Tinordi is a green rookie and is already a smarter defender than O'Byrne is today or has ever been in his career.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote