HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Brewer

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2003, 07:21 PM
mbam99

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mbam99
Brewer

I think Brewer is a vital player for the Oilers. I don't believe the Oilers will trade him anytime soon. With Jason Smith injured check out Brewer's ice time...damn, thats more than half the game. Anyone know the record for most minutes played in a regular season game??

2 D BREWER, ERIC +1 32:44

Old
12-30-2003, 07:25 PM
fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbam99
I think Brewer is a vital player for the Oilers. I don't believe the Oilers will trade him anytime soon. With Jason Smith injured check out Brewer's ice time...damn, thats more than half the game. Anyone know the record for most minutes played in a regular season game??

I don't know if it's a record but Aucoin played over 40 against the Leafs last season

Old
12-30-2003, 07:30 PM
bfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbam99

Anyone remember when Janne was averaging so close to 30 minutes every night. Top 5 or 10 in the league? No wonder he had so many injuries, that's insane. Brewer can handle it, he's done it before. It'll be a good test.

Old
12-30-2003, 07:50 PM
Mr Sakich

I have posted this a few times.

We are watching a premier defenseman emerge. IMO, he has played better in the last month than the 4 games I have seen Jovo play this year. He has sooooooo much raw talent and it is just a matter of time before the game slows down enough for him that becomes a dominant dman.

There is zero possibility that Lowe is thinking of moving him. Just ask the Flames how much they miss Morris. If they had not made that trade, they would be scary right now.

Old
12-31-2003, 07:57 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
I have posted this a few times.

We are watching a premier defenseman emerge. IMO, he has played better in the last month than the 4 games I have seen Jovo play this year. He has sooooooo much raw talent and it is just a matter of time before the game slows down enough for him that becomes a dominant dman.

There is zero possibility that Lowe is thinking of moving him. Just ask the Flames how much they miss Morris. If they had not made that trade, they would be scary right now.

No kidding, trading Brewer right now would be suicide for Lowe. He was absolutely dominant in the game againt the Wild. It was his best game all season but once Smith got hurt and was out, Brewer logged a tonne of ice time and was the Oilers best player.

Old
12-31-2003, 08:41 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Ya, and you don't really seem to appreciate him until he's gone. I mean he wasn't playing good at all at the start of the year, but it was very clear that a under-achieving Brewer was GREATLY missed by the Oilers when he was hurt.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:25 AM
northern2020

agreed...he is an emerging force, elite olympian/all star to come, just needs a little maturation and confidence. needs more defense/offensive advice on the game from someone other than c. huddy

Old
12-31-2003, 10:29 AM
gretzky2kurri

Brewers making g2k look bad.

But I'm glad he's starting to figure it out. He's been great since his injury.

If people think he's turned the corner, I can agree with keeping him. If it's just a positive streak for him and he will regress again, his value is rising and it's a good time to move him.

Who knows? Is it for real...........finally?

Old
12-31-2003, 10:37 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
I think someone sat down with him and said "We don't need 50 points from you".

He has taken the high risk plays out completely, and he has been a better defenseman for it.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:12 PM
hockeyaddict101

Lowe said that in an interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I think someone sat down with him and said "We don't need 50 points from you".

He has taken the high risk plays out completely, and he has been a better defenseman for it.
I can't remember where I read it but the quote was bascially that "fans are expecting to much offence from Brewer"

I am sure there were comments on this board about it, I haven't been a frequent visitor lately so I may have missed the thread

Old
12-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
I can't remember where I read it but the quote was bascially that "fans are expecting to much offence from Brewer"

I am sure there were comments on this board about it, I haven't been a frequent visitor lately so I may have missed the thread
I think it may have been brewerfan's post from oilfans post when he/she posted that interview from Kevin Lowe.

12-31-2003, 05:43 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
in any case it looks like his injury did him some good as it allowed him to sit down and watch the Oilers minus Eric Brewer.

And like northern said he must have got the advice from someone, perhaps Lowe?

Closed Thread