HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

Old
04-29-2013, 11:47 AM
SensFactor

vCash: 500
Habs are my second favourite team...even if Sens don't win this series..i'll be pulling for you guys...looking forward to an epic series..good luck

SensFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

D-D-D-double post.

Last edited by Mrb1p: 04-29-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Michalek is fine, played last night. No update on Phillips from what I can tell on twitter.
Should pound this guy every chance they get, he is their best defensive dman and I just hate his fake tough guy persona

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
enough said. No real dangerous shots.

Yeah the Habs were a real defensive machine back in 2010.

You can be pro-Price without making yourself look crazy.
I'm not a pro-price. I'm a pro-habs. If you've ever noticed, I always talk about what's best for the team, not for X player. In 2010, we blocked a truck load of pucks, we had an outstanding defensive system and we gave few quality shots. I bet you can count them on your two hands. They had similar defense in front of them, Anderson is good, but he's not .940 good... Maybe they just had the three best goalies in the world ? Because Bishop and Lehner also ''stood on their heads''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
How many years are you willing to wait? He has to start showing the results. That is all I am saying. His 2013 numbers tells me he has regressed.
Here goes the problem, you're not looking at it objectively. Price gets the same treatment Roy, Koivu, P.K., Markov got... ''He's not showing result, the team is not winning.''

The team is not winning =/= not showing results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Sorry folks but Price is NOT a better goalie than Anderson. At least not this year

Anderson on his game was better than Price on his game for pretty much the whole season. Just look at the stats , they don't lie on this one. I'm not saying Anderson won't crap the bed or that Price won't rebound but as of now i give the goalie edge to the Sens.
Anderson has been a starter for three seasons. The rest he was either A)Injured B)Horrible C)5TH string goalie.

Saying things like ''This season'' doesn't make sense. Who had the ''better'' season ? Well I can say Anderson, he played 20ish games, fine. Who has the most talent ? Surely Anderson, right? Who is the best goalie? No seriously? Is it really Anderson ?

Anderson looks like the best goalie on paper because he has outstanding stats (Like Lehner, Bishop, Halak, Rask, Thomas, Crawford, Emery...) but on the ice, I doubt he looks like the better goalie.

Oh and I have no doubt you guys will come out of this saying that Carey didnt play well. I know it will happen, you will blame him for giving 4 goals and not making the timely saves when Alfredsson was alone in the slot or when Bouillon watches Karlsson walk-in on Price, but no one will point to the 4 breakaways he stopped or the three point blank shots he stopped.

That's Montreal, thats what bandwagon fans do, thats what uneducated and emotional fans do.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Brainiac

I just hope that MT will have the common sense to play Subban more than 23-24 min.

Subban is basically in top shape, having missed a few games and playing way less TOI than he can sustain.

Just play him 27-28 min. (or more) and see how it goes. Subban is like the energizer bunny anyway. He could probably play 30 min. without a sweat.

Pas l'temps de niaiser, Michel.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:09 PM
MicroFracture

Has there been a meltdown already on this board because Price won the Molson Cup for the season?

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Has there been a meltdown already on this board because Price won the Molson Cup for the season?
I don't think there's been much talk about that, but it's dumb as ****.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Schwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'm not a pro-price. I'm a pro-habs. If you've ever noticed, I always talk about what's best for the team, not for X player. In 2010, we blocked a truck load of pucks, we had an outstanding defensive system and we gave few quality shots. I bet you can count them on your two hands. They had similar defense in front of them, Anderson is good, but he's not .940 good... Maybe they just had the three best goalies in the world ? Because Bishop and Lehner also ''stood on their heads''.

Here goes the problem, you're not looking at it objectively. Price gets the same treatment Roy, Koivu, P.K., Markov got... ''He's not showing result, the team is not winning.''

The team is not winning =/= not showing results.

Anderson has been a starter for three seasons. The rest he was either A)Injured B)Horrible C)5TH string goalie.

Saying things like ''This season'' doesn't make sense. Who had the ''better'' season ? Well I can say Anderson, he played 20ish games, fine. Who has the most talent ? Surely Anderson, right? Who is the best goalie? No seriously? Is it really Anderson ?

Anderson looks like the best goalie on paper because he has outstanding stats (Like Lehner, Bishop, Halak, Rask, Thomas, Crawford, Emery...) but on the ice, I doubt he looks like the better goalie.

Oh and I have no doubt you guys will come out of this saying that Carey didnt play well. I know it will happen, you will blame him for giving 4 goals and not making the timely saves when Alfredsson was alone in the slot or when Bouillon watches Karlsson walk-in on Price, but no one will point to the 4 breakaways he stopped or the three point blank shots he stopped.

That's Montreal, thats what bandwagon fans do, thats what uneducated and emotional fans do.
I have to say i have my reservations about Price this year, but i agree that stats on paper dont make for the better goalie. You have to keep in mind that the Sens went on a good streak and played amazing defence which inflates a goalie's stats. Look at Bishop. Everyone thought he was the next Roy! Why didnt they keep him then? Look at his career and he's been up and down like a yoyo! He just had a good run with a hot team for 1 month. Next year, i wouldnt be surprised to see him back in the ahl. It just shows you need to look at the big picture and not just stats. Watch the games.

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
12 of last 14 MC's have been won by goaltenders in Montreal. You'd have to be pretty bad in net to not win it in Montreal.

Having said that both Subban and Pleks were more worthy if it was remotely based on merit.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

It's gonna be a good series.

Though, IMO, Sens are more dangerous for the Habs than Leafs, Bruins or many other teams in the East. They are patient and defensively solid (first overall on PK, right?), plus they have zero pressure (with their injuries-filled season, they weren't even supposed to be in the POs), plus they have one of their Star players back.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Artanis

Just to let you guys know, Phillips is good to go. They were just keeping him out of the line-up last night for precautionary reasons.

Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs enter this round as the proud leader of the Northeast Division, with home ice against every potential opponent but the Penguins. We haven't been hearing the inane clamor for "surgical tanking" in quite a while and I doubt whether we'll hear it while the Habs are still alive in the playoffs. Someone must have done something right, although it should be emphasized that "someone" is a collective term for more than one individual. Only two players on the roster, Price and Galchenyuk, were top five draft draft picks. I hope the Habs never have to repeat the disastrous 2011-12 season to get another.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:28 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
12 of last 14 MC's have been won by goaltenders in Montreal. You'd have to be pretty bad in net to not win it in Montreal.

Having said that both Subban and Pleks were more worthy if it was remotely based on merit.
Just stating the obvious here, I know, but the Molson Cup is basically meaningless.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Muminek

They aren`t going to give him that stupid cup before the game, are they?
And Anderson > Price until proven otherwise. He was excellent against the Rangers last year.

Muminek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:46 PM
gillings

I wish these lazy ****ing hockey players would play their hearts out all year and actually earn the money they make.. instead of just dogging it like so many guys do.

We should win the cup if everyone puts in a gallagher galchenyuk eller type of game.

gillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:47 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'm pretty sure we could win this one easily... Karlsson is out of sync ATM, If we can put a big line out there thats good on forechecking and grind him to death, he's going to be a non-factor. I'd give that job to Eller/Bourque, they can both be wrecking balls.

More importantly, I hope MT will fix this stupid '' Oh yeah, we don't look in our backs when we're on defense'' crap. We need to play tight.
There's no such thing in the playoffs.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:49 PM
gillings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muminek View Post
They aren`t going to give him that stupid cup before the game, are they?
And Anderson > Price until proven otherwise. He was excellent against the Rangers last year.
Play budaj..

gillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:53 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Forget about Lupul guys. Bryan Murray is doing a very good job of motivation for our team by saying, just a few minutes ago, that:

"The Canadiens are an old franchise that they would like to knock off, and that they finally get the chance to do so"

AND

"The Canadiens are an ideal matchup for the Sens. We wanted to get them and get out of that 8th spot."

Keep 'em coming, you old senile idiot

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
LePoche69

To me, the key is Neil. To the contrary of Toronto's big guys, he can play, and he's a playoff performer. He's the one who can hurt the Habs the most. He and Jared Cowen against Habs' smallish forwards. The rest is almost a wash (Karlsson-Subban, special units, etc.)

Old
04-29-2013, 12:57 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
To me, the key is Neil. To the contrary of Toronto's big guys, he can play, and he's a playoff performer. He's the one who can hurt the Habs the most. He and Jared Cowen against Habs' smallish forwards. The rest is almost a wash (Karlsson-Subban, special units, etc.)
Let them bring it night in an night out. Let them hate on Subban and target him. Subban literally feeds off of that. He turns into an absolute monster everytime he faces adversity and that he's physically involved in the game.

Let's do the same thing against Karlsson. His reaction is totally not going to be the same. The key is to repeatedly put a lot of pressure on Karlsson and hit him EVERY SINGLE TIME you can. Finish your checks on him, hurt him, make him pay. Make it painful to even stand up after the game for him.

Let them try the same thing with Subban. They're going to be up for a huge surprise.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 12:57 PM
PyrettaBlaze

The Eller line better get more than 10 minutes per game... Hope Therrien doesn't **** it all up.

04-29-2013, 12:58 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Prust has the situation under control.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
... If he is 100% healthy. But Neil always find a way to hurt the Habs. Bigger, meaner d-men would help more restrain Neil's actions.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:05 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
I love Prust, but he's no Neil.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:07 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Let them bring it night in an night out. Let them hate on Subban and target him. Subban literally feeds off of that. He turns into an absolute monster everytime he faces adversity and that he's physically involved in the game.

Let's do the same thing against Karlsson. His reaction is totally not going to be the same. The key is to repeatedly put a lot of pressure on Karlsson and hit him EVERY SINGLE TIME you can. Finish your checks on him, hurt him, make him pay. Make it painful to even stand up after the game for him.

Let them try the same thing with Subban. They're going to be up for a huge surprise.
That's why I'm afraid of Neil. He's intelligent and will hurt the habs not by simply target the d-men, but rather by showing them that they can't do anything if he decides to put himself in front of Price. Plus he can score goals and play on any line.