HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Vanek Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Moskau

vCash: 500
A deal involving MPS doesn't do it for me from a Buffalo standpoint. Not with Hemsky involved at least.

Not saying he (Pajaarvi) isn't a good player but trading your 30 goal franchise winger for a guy who has a hard time generating offense is something that can haunt a team for years.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Not the kind of player the Flyers should be trading for, especially at his salary and what it would take to get him

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
All our prospects and picks for Vanek + Miller

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
To buffalo: Magnus Pajaarvi + Hemsky +7th overall (nurse,monahen)
To Edmonton: Vanek

Hall Gagner Yakupov
Vanek Hopkins Eberle
Oh god stop. We need to use our assets and our cap space on defence. not wingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
What exactly is a B+ prospect to you???? To me its not a player who would be considered a top 3 prospect/young player in the organization.

buffalo isnt trading quality for quantity.

Well im not really sure, not an ottawa fan, but something like greening/weircoch/conacher.

in response to your quantity/quality remark...thats too bad, its the only option, hes a year from UFA, and is stating he isn't that interested in going through a rebuild, no one is going to offer you a quality top-6 forward or blue chip prospect.

the single biggest piece you could hope to get in any deal would be a prospect like morrow that pitts just gave up.

any roster player included will almost certainly be a cap dump.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Moskau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Can the Leafs go after him...we desperately need a Bruin killer.
Drew Stafford baby!

Old
04-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
When a team is rebuilding, quantity often means quality, especially in the draft. This is a decent offer, not one I'd be willing to pay but one that holds a lot of value.

1st + high 2nd + A-prospect + B-prospect + UFA rental who's good for 25 goals

Don't be ridiculous asking for Galchenyuk, this is a fair offer for a rebuilding team that neither side would likely do.
Im not being ridiculous. Buffalo doesnt need to trade him---they can resign him.

Make a respectable offer. No UFAs after 13/14.

The 1st will be 25-30 range. This is a crapshoot pick. The second is also.

Bufalo would counter with an offer of Montreal 1st in 2013 and 2014 + A-prospect who is a forward + one of the Defesnemen.

Im sure Buffalo will get better offers from teams not in their division.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:21 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I understand he is a buyout candidate and he could sign there for cheaper. Im saying the Flyers could try to add him to make the cap work for us. You still save 1mill+(on the cap, much more in salary) with the deal and would gain substantial parts with the ++. I'm saying Briere is literally a throw in so we don't have to buy him out. The way it seems, Buffalo isn't close to contending and are going to rebuild. They can have Briere for 3 million next year and 2 the next to be a role model for these young players you bring in like Grigs and future draft picks.

You would still get the value of Vanek, just plus Briere in the trade.
That requires another team wanting Briere at his cap hit.
it is unlikely the sabres would be willing to do such a favor

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Vanek would, of course, look phenomenal on the Flyers' top like with Giroux and either Voracek or Hartnell. The main barriers are the usual ones: the king's ransom the Sabres would (very reasonably) be asking and the cap hit under the Flyers' current cap situation.
He would be a monster playing with Claude. I just do not want the Flyers to break the bank for one player. They need to stay the course and build through the draft and trades that are more plausible.This team has a very good core and dare I say it.... two good tenders. This team needs some help on the wing and defense, but the future is very bright and I like what the brass are doing to this point.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Minimum trade requirements.....

1. 1st round pick in 2013 or 2014

2. a top 3 under 25 yr old player.Ideally he is a potential top 2 line scoring winger

3. a top 10 under 25 yr old player

Bufalo would retain some salary in the deal.

Buffalo will not take pure cap dumps or players who will be UFAs after this year. the only time they would take a cap dump back is if its Vanek for 4 players/picks and the players are higher quality.

I do beleive buffalo wants to keep Vanek. I think they can't talk to him about an extension until July 1. His signing or a trade may not happen until September time frame.

lol your asking way to much If vanek wants out of there ur not in a postion to ask for top value. His contract and him wanting out combined with the leagues cap going down lowers his value considerably

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
When a team is rebuilding, quantity often means quality, especially in the draft. This is a decent offer, not one I'd be willing to pay but one that holds a lot of value.

1st + high 2nd + A-prospect + B-prospect + UFA rental who's good for 25 goals

Don't be ridiculous asking for Galchenyuk, this is a fair offer for a rebuilding team that neither side would likely do.
Buffalo will likely get better offers from teams who aren't in our division.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
spot

Quote:
I'd counter with MPS +Klefbom +1st. Hemsky is a UFA after 13/14 season...Buffalo isnt taking that back unless something else is included in the deal.
The oilers would need to shed a little salary. I don't think they could trade
Klefbom due to our weakness on defence. Klefbom is already pencilled into our line- up next
Season.

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Quanity for quality....

Buffalo would never trade him to division opponent unless they paid through the roof----Gaylenchuk comes to mind as what you would be asked to give up.
Players one year from UFA don't yield future 70-90 point franchise centermen as a return. They never have. Even this deal is more than Vanek will get. Two top six wingers in Gionta and Kristo, a future roster player and damn near(When you consider the depth of the 2013 draft) two firsts. Even when you account the division factor Kessel yielded less of a return(until Toronto finished near the bottom of the standings twice). There's a reason HFBoards is 99% of the time wrong about value, everybody assumes their players are worth more than any real life trade in history has ever yielded.

When Vanek goes for a 1st, prospect and an average roster player with Buffalo retaining salary or adding a throw in you will see. The only way Vanek would get more is if Buffalo moved him at the deadline to a team going for the cup.

Quote:
Im not being ridiculous. Buffalo doesnt need to trade him---they can resign him.

Make a respectable offer. No UFAs after 13/14.

The 1st will be 25-30 range. This is a crapshoot pick. The second is also.

Bufalo would counter with an offer of Montreal 1st in 2013 and 2014 + A-prospect who is a forward + one of the Defesnemen.

Im sure Buffalo will get better offers from teams not in their division.
Vanek himself is the one saying it's time to move on, so re-signing is not an option.

Ezpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Moskau

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
lol your asking way to much If vanek wants out of there ur not in a postion to ask for top value. His contract and him wanting out combined with the leagues cap going down lowers his value considerably
Gaborik had a a year and a half on his contract when he was traded just a few weeks ago. He also makes more than Vanek. Vanek's cap hit will be less than 3 Million at the trade deadline and even less than that when Buffalo eats salary.

It's quite hilarious the return people expected Perry to get before he was extended compared to the scraps people now think Vanek will get.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:28 PM
spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
Oh god stop. We need to use our assets and our cap space on defence. not wingers.

Well im not really sure, not an ottawa fan, but something like greening/weircoch/conacher.

in response to your quantity/quality remark...thats too bad, its the only option, hes a year from UFA, and is stating he isn't that interested in going through a rebuild, no one is going to offer you a quality top-6 forward or blue chip prospect.

the single biggest piece you could hope to get in any deal would be a prospect like morrow that pitts just gave up.

any roster player included will almost certainly be a cap dump.

We would be shipping out two wingers in the deal ( Hemsky , PRV) for a big upgrade.
Our top6 would be much more balanced. Pick your poison if you will.
We would still have plenty of cap space to re-sign gags and add a top 4
Defenceman. Just because we already have wingers does not mean you
Shouldn't upgrade when an opportunity arises.

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:29 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Players one year from UFA don't yield future 70-90 point franchise centermen as a return. They never have. Even this deal is more than Vanek will get. Two top six wingers in Gionta and Kristo, a future roster player and damn near(When you consider the depth of the 2013 draft) two firsts. Even when you account the division factor Kessel yielded less of a return(until Toronto finished near the bottom of the standings twice). There's a reason HFBoards is 99% of the time wrong about value, everybody assumes their players are worth more than any real life trade in history has ever yielded.

When Vanek goes for a 1st, prospect and an average roster player with Buffalo retaining salary or adding a throw in you will see. The only way Vanek would get more is if Buffalo moved him at the deadline to a team going for the cup.

Vanek himself is the one saying it's time to move on, so re-signing is not an option.

Mind telling us what you thought Pominville would fetch? Let me guess: a 2nd, a cap dump, and some B prospects?

Old
04-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Well, kings need a left winger but won't have the cap space for him. What exactly is buffalo looking for? We've got bernier on the table for miller's inevitable departure but else is needed?
Buffalo doesnt need Bernier.

What I would propose....

Vanek +enroth for Bernier+Toffoli+ Brown

Old
04-29-2013, 01:32 PM
smitty10

I could see him in Detroit. He'd fit in well there.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Minimum trade requirements.....

1. 1st round pick in 2013 or 2014

2. a top 3 under 25 yr old player.Ideally he is a potential top 2 line scoring winger

3. a top 10 under 25 yr old player

Bufalo would retain some salary in the deal.

Buffalo will not take pure cap dumps or players who will be UFAs after this year. the only time they would take a cap dump back is if its Vanek for 4 players/picks and the players are higher quality.

I do beleive buffalo wants to keep Vanek. I think they can't talk to him about an extension until July 1. His signing or a trade may not happen until September time frame.
1. Ceci: taken 15th overall in this past draft. Had another good season and looks like the Sens made a smart pick OR the Sens 1st rounder this year which will fall around that 15th overall mark.

2. Conachor: 23 year old rookie winger whose got 28 points this season. He looks to have a good career ahead of him as a 2nd line winger.

3. 2nd round pick so Buffalo can choose who they want OR a decent prospect in Puempel or Prince.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Moskau

Quote:
Buffalo doesnt need Bernier.

What I would propose....

Vanek +enroth for Bernier+Toffoli+ Brown
1) LA isn't trading Brown and 2) why does Buffalo want someone who is also a UFA and wont want to re-sign with a rebuilding team?

Buffalo is better off trying to thread a needle in the dark and offer Brown a contract next July.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:36 PM
De Montreal
help

Wonder if Edmonton still has interest in him

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Would love for the Isles to nab him, JT and Vanek would be sweet.
This actually makes the most sense from my perspective. Isles have a ton of cap room, and a bunch of young assets that BUFF would want as part of a rebuild. Isles are a team on the rise, and they'd have to be able to sell Vanek on that and get an extension agreed to before making the deal.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:38 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
1. Ceci: taken 15th overall in this past draft. Had another good season and looks like the Sens made a smart pick OR the Sens 1st rounder this year which will fall around that 15th overall mark.

2. Conachor: 23 year old rookie winger whose got 28 points this season. He looks to have a good career ahead of him as a 2nd line winger.

3. 2nd round pick so Buffalo can choose who they want OR a decent prospect in Puempel or Prince.
Buffalo's had enough with the smurfs. He'd be kind of a nice story being from around the area, but I just can't see Buffalo wanting him as a key piece for Vanek.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post

Hmm---I though they couldnt talk contract stuff until July 1st.....

To the media Vanek has said he doesnt want to be there if they do a major rebuild that could take 5 yrs. A short retool ---he stays.

l wouldnt be surprised to see them make a significant deal outside of one that involved Miller, Vanek or Stafford.

What place was Montreal in last year? seems kind of easy for teams to rebound.

The issue with Buffalo which is why they missed the playoffs was that they played against the SE division very poorly. In the past they have been one of the best teams against the Western Conference.

I think a rebound can easily happen with them.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Wonder if Edmonton still has interest in him
I"d doubt that Vanek would waive to go to EDM, but that's just IMO. I think he'd waive for a location that he'd consider playing long term at, and I understand he signed an offer-sheet there, but the organization was definitely in a different spot than what it is right now.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:40 PM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
There will be a lot of teams not interested. His cap hit makes it very difficult for a number of team close to the cap to acquire him. The fact he is scheduled for UFA next offseason makes him extremely risky for a lot of teams.

There will certainly be no shortage of teams to bid, but far from every team.
Fair enough...I know I'd be pissed if the Habs didn't even go tire kicking though.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote