HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Goal of the Year Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
  #26
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
My favourite play of the year didn't result in a goal... it was PK Subban deking out the entire team, putting a sick move to go in alone. Unfortunately he didn't score. But he was right back in the play immediately.

If he had scored on that one it would'[ve been the NHL play of the year. As it is, it was still sick and Don Cherry made reference to it a couple of days after it happened as PK got right back into the play - something Bobby Orr did all the time.
I agree, it was against the Bruns.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
  #27
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,716
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
This nice passing play :
Best team goal this year. Fantastic passing on that play.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
  #28
Stewie
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Eller goal vs the leafs get my pick!!

Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:13 PM
  #29
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,716
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
My favourite play of the year didn't result in a goal... it was PK Subban deking out the entire team, putting a sick move to go in alone. Unfortunately he didn't score. But he was right back in the play immediately.

If he had scored on that one it would'[ve been the NHL play of the year. As it is, it was still sick and Don Cherry made reference to it a couple of days after it happened as PK got right back into the play - something Bobby Orr did all the time.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:20 PM
  #30
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
This nice passing play :
just wow. that puck control.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:24 PM
  #31
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You mean the whole ''lets die with our crappy veteran instead of playing the younger and better players'' ?
if I'm reading this right you're not happy with finishing 1st in our division, 2nd in our conference and 4th overall? and/or not happy with two players with Calder worthy years and another young one with a Norris worthy year? because younger players had less ice time than some older, underperforming ones?

it is quite possible that the younger players had the success they did because their ice time was managed well.

try just a touch of positivity.

That Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 01:43 PM
  #32
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
if I'm reading this right you're not happy with finishing 1st in our division, 2nd in our conference and 4th overall? and/or not happy with two players with Calder worthy years and another young one with a Norris worthy year? because younger players had less ice time than some older, underperforming ones?

it is quite possible that the younger players had the success they did because their ice time was managed well.

try just a touch of positivity.
I am positive. But Therrien is getting praise ? Really ?

Lets go the other way around... If Eller's line plays 15 minutes night in night out... Do we have a better season ?
If Subban plays against top lines every games... Do we have a better season?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:01 PM
  #33
True Tick and Tin
Registered User
 
True Tick and Tin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post


not the prettiest, but it says so much about this season and our future
I actually think that's the best goal so far loved it

True Tick and Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:04 PM
  #34
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 23,696
vCash: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19 View Post


Such a rocket. Love this one.
My fav! Huge goal by PK!

Few other favs :

gangsta plek snipe


Ryder on a nice saucer pass

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 02:32 PM
  #35
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I am positive. But Therrien is getting praise ? Really ?

Lets go the other way around... If Eller's line plays 15 minutes night in night out... Do we have a better season ?
If Subban plays against top lines every games... Do we have a better season?
Therrien will be a Jack Adams nominee, so yes he's getting praise, really.

I am not quite sure that giving a blossoming center and a rookie who only played 35 games the past two years more minutes would have helped them, or the team. And Subban played plenty of minutes, second only to his mentor Markov.

That Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:07 PM
  #36
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,854
vCash: 500
I have to choose this one. Although the Eller goal with the perfect passing was a very sweet one to watch.



This goal turned the season around for Pacioretty and the Habs.

We were one point behind Boston and only one point ahead of Toronto with a record of 9-4-1. Gallagher was out with a concussion.

We only lost once in regulation between that game and March 23.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:40 PM
  #37
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
Therrien will be a Jack Adams nominee, so yes he's getting praise, really.

I am not quite sure that giving a blossoming center and a rookie who only played 35 games the past two years more minutes would have helped them, or the team. And Subban played plenty of minutes, second only to his mentor Markov.
Which is why Therrien did a poor job.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:59 PM
  #38
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,480
vCash: 500
Rockets from Markov.







What a stinkin beast.


Max Pac?




canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:21 PM
  #39
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500


When Markov tied the game against Boston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkDfk5eI2B8

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.