HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantrax League Topic #2

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2013, 09:01 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 500
Playoffs?

Old
04-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Yes indeed. Things have been a bit closer this year, so let's see who takes it

04-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Krishna

Anyone have this issue?

edit : In another league

Old
04-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

the league is set up to so the sunday game counts too right?

Old
04-28-2013, 01:09 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
the league is set up to so the sunday game counts too right?
Oooooh. Good call. I think the end date is 4/27, I'm not sure if I could extend it or not; I think that was the date it gave me. I'll check again.

Edit: It should automatically include tomorrow's game.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:48 PM
JVR21
G

vCash: 50
With what happened tonight I'm pretty sure I would've won the matchup...

Old
04-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
With what happened tonight I'm pretty sure I would've won the matchup...
Sorry, been out until now.

Did tonight not count? If it didn't, I'm going to need to email Fantrax so they can get their **** together...because aside from designating that the matchup period would begin, there wasn't an option to designate when it would end, and it seems Fantrax decided 4/27 would be the season ender, despite the rescheduled game. This is important because I'm giving out a cash prize this year in the tradition of the league.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Sorry, been out until now.

Did tonight not count? If it didn't, I'm going to need to email Fantrax so they can get their **** together...because aside from designating that the matchup period would begin, there wasn't an option to designate when it would end, and it seems Fantrax decided 4/27 would be the season ender, despite the rescheduled game. This is important because I'm giving out a cash prize this year in the tradition of the league.
They did send out an email on April 19th saying:

Quote:
Hi Dan,

As you may already be aware, the OTT-BOS NHL game on April 15 was postponed and rescheduled for April 28, one day after the season was supposed to end. Therefore, if you want to include the stats from that game in your league, your Commissioner must change the season end date from April 27 to April 28 in Commissioner --> League Setup --> Teams & Schedules --> Schedule. If you have a Head-to-Head league, and this ends up creating an extra Scoring Period, then your Commissioner can merge the last 2 Scoring Periods in your league, also in Commissioner --> League Setup --> Teams & Schedules --> Schedule. If that option is already enabled, then if your Commissioner contacts us, we can do the merge for your league on our end.

Let us know if you have any questions, and enjoy the rest of the season!

Regards,
The Fantrax Team

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
04-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
They did send out an email on April 19th saying:
I'll have to email them then. I tried that exact same thing yesterday, and the 27th was the only date I had to choose from. The 28th was greyed out.

Edit: I'll see if I can force it after the fact.

Edit: OK, bear with me people. I had tried clicking on the 29th (Monday) instead of the 28th.

My sincere apologies. Should be rectified now.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Alright, now that I've corrected my failings, JVR21 is your true champion by a miniscule margin. That was a hard fought Finals, when I checked last night there was a 2 point margin.

PM me your paypal JVR, I'll send 30 bucks your way. Congratulations on the 2peat! Now stop doing it, haha.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:37 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Alright, now that I've corrected my failings, JVR21 is your true champion by a miniscule margin. That was a hard fought Finals, when I checked last night there was a 2 point margin.

PM me your paypal JVR, I'll send 30 bucks your way. Congratulations on the 2peat! Now stop doing it, haha.
No need to award me with money, Mr. Commissioner. Global moderatorship and ultimate power over all posters would really be enough.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
No need to award me with money, Mr. Commissioner. Global moderatorship and ultimate power over all posters would really be enough.
Haha, I don't have the buttons to give those awards. Well, it's your call.

Next up I think we should:

1) Determine what stats we want to add, or if we want to remove any. Last offseason we added hits, I believe. This offseason I'd like to implement SOG, and possibly TOI. Definitely SOG, I'm iffy on TOI. I'd like the league's input on both. We should knock that out quickly.

2) Determine Keepers. I'll nail down a due date by tomorrow night.

3) After the playoffs and real draft, and after FA opens, we should do our draft.

4) Prospects draft sometime after that.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Rather upset about you changing it actually. Should of been done right away. I was all set to drop some players (good ones) for some boston/ ott players...but since the system was not set up I was unable to do that..

Old
04-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
Rather upset about you changing it actually. Should of been done right away. I was all set to drop some players (good ones) for some boston/ ott players...but since the system was not set up I was unable to do that..
Yeah, I'm truly sorry about that. I just had a large brain fart regarding dates. That's on me, and I apologize.

As for add/drop draft, keeper deadline, as of last night it wasn't letting me do anything to plan for the future. For instance, the Keeper deadline is set for Apr 22, 2012. Last night I could only change that date to that current date, and since I was doing this at 11pm it would have given us an hour to pick keepers. I'm going to try again now.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:41 PM
Krishna

Depending on how late you guys want to do everything, I'd like something like this :

Keepers put in around the last game of the SCF
Entry draft (If we even do that) maybe July 1st
Keeper draft August 1st ish

Old
04-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

I was thinking just about the same thing. Keepers decided during the CF or last round, draft sometime during the week after July 1 (NHL draft is June 30, FA starts July 1), and then the prospect draft sometime around camp/preseason.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Yeah, I'm truly sorry about that. I just had a large brain fart regarding dates. That's on me, and I apologize.
I know you didnt do it on purpose. But, I have been playing fantasy hockey since 2007...I have never won...(came in 3rd once) to think I actually won only to have it taken away is a bit crushing.

The game was very close, if I had been able to pick up Paille, and Peverly which was my plan intially, I would of pulled it out.

Just handing the win over based on curent rosters is a bit "iffy" because MY roster for sunday would of been different.

but whatever, ill get it over im sure.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Krishna

How does the prospect draft work in this league?

Backwards by standings? Snake draft?

Old
04-29-2013, 02:50 PM
JVR21
G

It's that time of year to sell off some of my players for picks. I've got a lot of keeper-worthy guys, but only 8 spots to keep them.

Keeper-worthy guys:
Patrick Kane*
Claude Giroux*
Evgeni Malkin*
Phil Kessel*
Erik Karlsson*
Henrik Zetterberg
Taylor Hall
Nazem Kadri
Jamie Benn
Joe Thornton
Dion Phaneuf
Jaromor Jagr

Antii Niemi
Corey Crawford
Mike Smith

All players without an * next to their names are available.

Niemi was 1st overall in fantasy points for all players in fantasy hockey. Crawford was 13th.

Zetterberg was 21st of all skaters, Hall 28th, Kadri 32nd, etc. Phaneuf was 2nd out of all defensemen. Simple math indicates all of these guys would be in the top portion of keepers on most teams. I'll probably end up taking the best offer(highest draft pick) I get.

Feel free to PM me on here or the league to discuss deals.

Last edited by JVR21: 04-29-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old
04-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
How does the prospect draft work in this league?

Backwards by standings? Snake draft?
Pretty sure it was a combination of lottery to determine order and snake last year, since it occurs independent of the regular draft. If whoever finished last had first picks in both drafts it would heavily encourage tanking as well.

The regular draft is backwards by standings and snake. For this year I'm tempted to do a lottery to mimic the NHL.

Quote:
It's that time of year to sell off some of my players for picks. I've got a lot of keeper-worthy guys, but only 8 spots to keep them.

Keeper-worthy guys:
Patrick Kane*
Claude Giroux*
Evgeni Malkin*
Phil Kessel*
Erik Karlsson*
Henrik Zetterberg
Taylor Hall
Nazem Kadri
Jamie Benn
Joe Thornton
Dion Phaneuf
Jaromor Jagr

Antii Niemi
Corey Crawford
Mike Smith

All players without an * next to their names are available.

Niemi was 1st overall in fantasy points for all players in fantasy hockey. Crawford was 13th.

Zetterberg was 21st of all skaters, Hall 28th, Kadri 32nd, etc. Phaneuf was 2nd out of all defensemen. Simple math indicates all of these guys would be in the top portion of keepers on most teams. I'll probably end up taking the best offer(highest draft pick) I get.
I've been getting sidetracked by my job. At some point today I'll look into opening up trades, so people can work on swapping picks. FA will be a no-no once Keepers are established, since those players are there to get drafted.

I'm going to resurrect the issue of copying over our old draft picks from the old league. I went three days without replying to one of their emails for me, and then never got a response back. Time to poke that bear more. After I've got that issue addressed, then we can open up trading and such

Old
04-29-2013, 04:35 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Question, since it was a shortened season, are we still defining prospects as guys that have >82 games played?

Old
04-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

One more update: Looks like my hands are a bit tied for now. I can't renew the league until the 2012-13 playoff period ends, which is May 1 I think.* Until then I can't touch the draft, keeper deadline, that fun stuff. I'll keep poking around to see if I can figure something else out.

*Unless they mean the NHL playoff period; I'm assuming originally they mean the Fantrax period, but that could be incorrect.

Fantrax tells me they've imported our picks over from the old league but looking at it now...I don't think that's happened. He told me I might have to renew the league first. I'll send an email asking when I can renew. My gut tells me I can probably do it now, as the "playoff period" likely refers to the NHL POs, but I'd rather be sure instead of screwing things up.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Question, since it was a shortened season, are we still defining prospects as guys that have >82 games played?
For simplicity, yes.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

My twitchy impatience was uncalled for. 2013-14 regular season will be available later today according to our friend Neil. So hopefully tonight I can hammer some stuff out.

Edit: Oh hey, good timing for a new thread.

Closed Thread