HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumors & Proposals Thread Vol. 15 | Oilers Pick 7th OV

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Soundwave

vCash: 500
Teams I think might want a shake up

Couturier for EDM 7th (Darnell Nurse), I think they want Nurse bad and then can pick Gauthier with their selection to replace Couturier in the long run.

Sam Gagner for Dustin Byfuglien. I think Winnipeg wants to shake things up also.

Ales Hemsky for Steve Ott, we agree to eat some of Hemsky's contract. Vanek is sniffing for an out, perhaps getting more skilled vets around him will settle him down and Ott has butted heads with the fanbase.

I'd sign Clutterbuck for sure, though it'd be kinda funny with him here after the Taylor Hall thing. I'd sign Brian McGratton too.

Amnesty Horcoff (bye) and sign Streit on a short term, but top heavy contract. I'd bring back Jones just because he's cheap and I think he just had an off-year.

Hall RNH Eberle
MPS Couturier Yakupov
Clutterbuck Ott Jones
Smyth Lander Brown
McGratton

Streit Buff
Smid J. Schultz
Petry N. Schultz
Klefbom

Definitely isn't a non-physical team. I don't think they will get rid of Smyth even though they probably should. Who knows maybe he scores the goal that clinches a playoff berth next year.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

Couturier for EDM 7th (Darnell Nurse), I think they want Nurse bad and then can pick Gauthier with their selection to replace Couturier in the long run.

Sam Gagner for Dustin Byfuglien. I think Winnipeg wants to shake things up also.

Ales Hemsky for Steve Ott, we agree to eat some of Hemsky's contract. Vanek is sniffing for an out, perhaps getting more skilled vets around him will settle him down and Ott has butted heads with the fanbase.

I'd sign Clutterbuck for sure, though it'd be kinda funny with him here after the Taylor Hall thing. I'd sign Brian McGratton too.

Amnesty Horcoff (bye) and sign Streit on a short term, but top heavy contract. I'd bring back Jones just because he's cheap and I think he just had an off-year.

Hall RNH Eberle
MPS Couturier Yakupov
Clutterbuck Ott Jones
Smyth Lander Brown
McGratton

Streit Buff
Smid J. Schultz
Petry N. Schultz
Klefbom

Definitely isn't a non-physical team.
I don't mind those moves, I wonder though, how will Buff be treated here given Kruger's feelings on guys and their commitment.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:39 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
If Buffalo is getting rid of Vanek and Miller, they won't be getting Hemsky.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Actually I could see Hemsky making sense in that situation too, they're going to need some skill coming back that has some experience.

We may have to eat some of Hemsky's salary though, but he can be a good winger for say Grigorenko.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Oilmoose

Quote:

Hall RNH Eberle
MPS Couturier Yakupov
Clutterbuck Ott Jones
Smyth Lander Brown
McGratton

Streit Buff
Smid J. Schultz
Petry N. Schultz
Klefbom

Definitely isn't a non-physical team. I don't think they will get rid of Smyth even though they probably should. Who knows maybe he scores the goal that clinches a playoff berth next year.
I like that line up. Even McGratton. Yes Smyth could be a good playoff guy again (one last time?) and potentially score a huge goal for us. I could see that.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:43 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Actually I could see Hemsky making sense in that situation too, they're going to need some skill coming back that has some experience.

We may have to eat some of Hemsky's salary though, but he can be a good winger for say Grigorenko.
Not for Ott though. You don't move Ott for 1 year of Hemsky. Someone will offer up a 1st+ which at this point is exactly what Buffalo needs. Hemsky should cost them a 2nd round pick.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:47 PM
BowDangles

Quote:

Hall RNH Eberle
MPS Couturier Yakupov
Clutterbuck Ott Jones
Smyth Lander Brown
McGratton

Streit Buff
Smid J. Schultz
Petry N. Schultz
Klefbom

I don't think Philli does this... Also I don't know if Edmonton does it either... Which makes me think it makes sense

Sean didn't improve from last year.. He actually stayed the exact same for points wise if you pro rate his 15 point to 82 games (27pts).

But he has a pretty bad plus minus as compared to his rookie year...I don't know if this is because he played harder competition?

I do like how he played against Malkin in last years playoffs but it could of just been a glimpse

Old
04-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Not for Ott though. You don't move Ott for 1 year of Hemsky. Someone will offer up a 1st+ which at this point is exactly what Buffalo needs. Hemsky should cost them a 2nd round pick.
Ott only has 1 year on his deal too and didn't exactly have a great year (Hemsky honestly was better last year).

Old
04-29-2013, 02:49 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Ott only has 1 year on his deal too and didn't exactly have a great year (Hemsky honestly was better last year).
Can you explain how a player who had more points and plays in all situations had a worse year then Hemsky who only plays in one zone?

Ott was Buffalo's #1 used player last year, he isn't getting dealt for injury prone Hemsky regardless of how much of his salary you keep.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

Quote:
I'd go get Vanek (if the price was right) to play in the top-6, he may not be a "banger" but he's a big body who can play like it and score.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Can you explain how a player who had more points and plays in all situations had a worse year then Hemsky who only plays in one zone?

Ott was Buffalo's #1 used player last year, he isn't getting dealt for injury prone Hemsky regardless of how much of his salary you keep.
Ott and Hemsky are different players, Ott was added I think when Buffalo felt like they'd be gearing up for playoff runs and needed center depth.

But since drafting Grigorenko and Grigsens and possibly heading into a rebuild, he may be expendable.

There was also the whole thing where he got into a media thing with the fanbase which leads me to think his time there is nearing an end.

I'll grant you we may have to add.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:52 PM
BowDangles

I would like to see Cal Clutterbuk, Max Talbot, Bryan Bickell and Victor Stahlberg being targets for the Oilers this summer.

If they can get 3 of these guys for the bottom six I would be happy in regards to addressing the bottom six.

Resign Jones as well to low money.

Clutterbuk-Horcoff-Stahlberg
Smyth/Jones-Talbot-Bickell
Lander

I don't know how often this group will drop the gloves but they would be hard to play against and give our top 6 some depth if need be.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:54 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

You can't just sign Clutterbuck when he's an RFA - unless you're willing to offer-sheet him.

Also - if Philly is looking to grab Nurse, they aren't going to throw away Couturier on the 7th unless Nurse magically falls down to that spot. I say they gun for 5th-6th instead to ensure that they get him.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:55 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Ott and Hemsky are different players, Ott was added I think when Buffalo felt like they'd be gearing up for playoff runs and needed center depth.

But since drafting Grigorenko and Grigsens and possibly heading into a rebuild, he may be expendable.

There was also the whole thing where he got into a media thing with the fanbase which leads me to think his time there is nearing an end.

I'll grant you we may have to add.
Ott probably is expendable and more then likely dealt by next year's TDD at the latest. But they'll want futures, not a guy who more then likely is only there for one year.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
You can't just sign Clutterbuck when he's an RFA - unless you're willing to offer-sheet him.

Also - if Philly is looking to grab Nurse, they aren't going to throw away Couturier on the 7th unless Nurse magically falls down to that spot. I say they gun for 5th-6th instead to ensure that they get him.
Carolina is likely the only other team that would pick Nurse in the top 7 IMO, and they already have a better version of Couturier (at least for now) in Jordan Staal. If they pick Nurse, they'll likely keep him.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I'd go get Vanek (if the price was right) to play in the top-6, he may not be a "banger" but he's a big body who can play like it and score.
Would love to get Vanek but this isn't a guy we need. I would rather target Miller.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:59 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
I'd love to grab Vanek, but it doesn't make sense to me. He's going to be something like 6mil a year if not more and is going to want 7 years next summer. Can't lock into that. The price to get him just for one year wouldn't be worth it. Unless somehow he agrees to a 5x5 deal before you deal for him.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Whole View Post
Would love to get Vanek but this isn't a guy we need. I would rather target Miller.
Of the two of them, the Oilers need Vanek ALOT more then Miller

Old
04-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Of the two of them, the Oilers need Vanek ALOT more then Miller
Vanek is just another scoring winger. He isn't the powerforward type winger we are looking for. I'm not sold on Dubnyk, he just isn't that good of a goalie IMO and Miller could be the type of goalie that could steal us games and get us to the playoffs. We need Miller a lot more. There is a reason why even management isn't completely sold on Dubnyk.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:19 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

New thread is up

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=64908821

Closed Thread